Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-14-2007, 07:46 AM   #16
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people
Default Re: Why does NBA.com/ESPN always have to make Raps fans look bad?

aaaaaaahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa make it rain got owned by pistol pete.

Does ESPN's parent company own TSN too? If they do, that's like night and day. One doesn't like Canada, one jacks off to it.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 07:59 AM   #17
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
aaaaaaahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa make it rain got owned by pistol pete.

Does ESPN's parent company own TSN too? If they do, that's like night and day. One doesn't like Canada, one jacks off to it.
ESPN owns about 30% of the shares in TSN, the rest is owned by CTV, and they did try to rename the channel "ESPN Canada" but the CRTC told them to fuck off.

Funniest thing about TSN was how it got started. TSN was originally the property of Labatt, partly to help market the company's flagship products [ie. beer] but also to act as a vehicle for the Toronto Blue Jays baseball team, also a Labatt property at that time.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 08:33 AM   #18
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

I can't stand TSN.

I have stopped watching 2 phoenix/raptor games because of the fellation of Steve Nash. On TSN, that is worse than ESPN over Lebron times ten. Add that to the fact it's so obvious they are focusing their broadcast on dumb hockey fans from around Canada.

1. Steve Nash this, Steve Nash that. He does this so well. Look someone scored. You know what Chuck? That happened because of Steve Nash. Steve Nash.
2. Ask the expert: Why do teams sometimes get 3 points instead of 2? Leo's answer for dumb Canadians: Well Chuck, it's actually because of Steve Nash.
3. Steve Nash really should be that MVP again this season. He brings that hockey mentality. He makes everyone around him so good, so good in fact, that I almost gave a **** and said something about one of them. "Wow Leo, that's not like you at all! Hey Leo what's in your wallet?"
steeeeeevuhhhhhhh naaaaaaaaassshhhhhhhuhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-14-2007, 08:48 AM   #19
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

I will agree that TSN slants everything toward hockey, it really pisses me off. Remember during the NHL strike? TSN would show 20 minutes of talking heads about it, including flashy graphics of NHL Lockout, Day 93 ("Our new today: No meetings too place. So Bob McKenzie, let's talk about what would have happened if there had been negotiations and they served cake instead of a continental breakfast") before they got to highlights of the NBA games that were played the night before, even if it was a Raptors home game.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 09:15 AM   #20
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far

Take off ya hoser, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
You realize that California has a bigger population then all of Canada, or too ignorant?

It doesn't matter that it's all of Canada, especially when Canada only has approximately 1/10th the population of the United States.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 11:14 AM   #21
Make It Rain
Banned

Make It Rain has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
You realize that California has a bigger population then all of Canada, or too ignorant?

It doesn't matter that it's all of Canada, especially when Canada only has approximately 1/10th the population of the United States.
But California also has what, 4 teams? Rethink your position before you argue with me. Must be a Canuck.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 11:17 AM   #22
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

people always bring up California has just as many people and then the other side argues but it has this many teams in the region... here's a fact as one lady in florida said on the rick mercer show - all canadians live in the "skydome" - that's our little igloo - that's a FACT... we built an air canada center inside that, and that's our little country right there...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 11:22 AM   #23
Make It Rain
Banned

We all know like China, all of Canada just vote for their countrymen and players on their team. And randomly selects the rest of the players.
Canadians vote for: Nash, Bosh, and whatever else Raptors are on the ballot
China votes for: Yao, Yi , Rockets players
Old 12-14-2007, 11:35 AM   #24
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Good Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat cool

"...NBA.com/ESPN always have to make Raps fans look bad?"

No, have not noticed this at all. Don't think they do.

I HAVE noticed that the major web news outlets do cater a bit to their biggest audiences - their customers. Naturally of course.
Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 11:37 AM   #25
Make It Rain
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Old Willy
"...NBA.com/ESPN always have to make Raps fans look bad?"

No, have not noticed this at all. Don't think they do.

I HAVE noticed that the major web news outlets do cater a bit to their biggest audiences - their customers. Naturally of course.
I'd watch more ESPN and purchase more ESPN paraphernalia if they would spread some Canada hate.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:48 PM   #26
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make It Rain
I'd watch more ESPN and purchase more ESPN paraphernalia if they would spread some Canada hate.
When I said ESPN, i didn't mean the station. I meant ESPN.com in the power rankings, basically Marc Stein.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 02:54 PM   #27
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

JalenRawley has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
I'm going to go with the very obvious answer here...

Because the Raps fans keep giving them material to work with.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 03:44 PM   #28
Jerk Nowitzki
I airball my layups

Jerk Nowitzki has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
I have stopped watching 2 phoenix/raptor games because of the fellation of Steve Nash.
But what should they talk about?? How long has it been since Canada has had a world class, future hall of famer, MVP athlete in ANY sport other than hockey?? The only recent ones I can think of are Donovan Bailey, Larry Walker, and maybe Jacques Villeneuve..? They have to get Canadians interested in basketball somehow, and Jamaal Magloire and Denham Brown just aren't interesting enough to do that.... And don't even get me started on Rick Fox....

Plus, since it's the only Canadian broadcast, EVERY OTHER broadcast is all over Lebron James.... plus, the Olympics on American television are horrible!!!! If there isn't an American in an event, they don't show it and if there is, they only show the American!!
Jerk Nowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 07:09 PM   #29
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Saying all of Canada votes for the Raptors is really stupid. New Brunswick does not even know what basketball is.

Neither does Manitoba.

Most others don't give a crap. Hockey here is bigger than football down there, from what I've seen in Ottawa and in Quebec, and I've also observed that hockey fans generally aren't 2 sport fans. They'll watch the grey cup.... but nothing else really.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:29 PM   #30
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

Quote:
"I canít believe you have people like Carlos Boozer, Dwight Howard, Yao Ming and Kevin Garnett on the list, but not Chris Bosh. He is as good, if not better than all three of those guys."
- Robbie in Canada

Dude can't even count.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: