Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #1081
iamgine

iamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Hey "InsideHoops"... man up or shut up.

There's ignore list.

We should just discuss who should be put in ignore list.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #1082
iamgine

iamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation hereiamgine has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djarum

Because you are just as much of a problem as 9empire. You simply don't contribute a single meaningful thing to any discussion. You and 9 function at the same capacity as bots. You post the same unoriginal, entirely predictable, homer drivel and it boosts the website stats.
What's Djarum?
Old 06-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #1083
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

DaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
There's ignore list.

We should just discuss who should be put in ignore list.

When I used the ignore list half the thread would be ignored, and people could still read and respond to my posts. It was useless.
DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #1084
iamgine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSeba5
When I used the ignore list half the thread would be ignored, and people could still read and respond to my posts. It was useless.
Yeah but you can't read the response of the people you ignored.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #1085
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
Yeah but you can't read the response of the people you ignored.

Problem is it empowers the trolls when you don't respond. It gives them a feeling of,"Ha! He scared! He running away!"
Ignore may work for the person ignoring the troll, but empowers the troll to go rampant on the other members.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:13 PM   #1086
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

ralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation here

Just create a Lebron/Kobe forum and then ruthlessly ban everyone who makes a LeBron or Kobe troll thread in the NBA forum.

Nobody is going to post in a LeBron/Kobe forum because trolls do it for attention and if there are no innocent folks to suck into their bullshit then it isn't even worth it for them.
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:19 PM   #1087
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

The Kobe/Lebron talk isn't even that bad as long as it's sensible and fact based. For example Pauk has a disturbing man love for Lebron but his posts are always factually sound with lots of stats and sources.

It's posters like 9erempire, kennethgriffin, etc. who drag this forum down with blatant troll posts. They bring nothing to the table and derail every thread they post in.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #1088
iamgine

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Problem is it empowers the trolls when you don't respond. It gives them a feeling of,"Ha! He scared! He running away!"
Ignore may work for the person ignoring the troll, but empowers the troll to go rampant on the other members.
That's why I said we can discuss collectively who should be put on ignore list. It's not like trolls are hard to distinguish.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:21 PM   #1089
eriX
Good High School Starter

eriX has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
Do you even know what is going on?

Jeff made a few threads yesterday acknowledging complaints made by Heat fans, who apparently can't handle being trolled. I'm not saying Laker fans are saints. There are plenty on this site who have given the rest of us a bad rep; however, practically every Heat fan is a troll. Practically every Heat fan's primary objective on this site is to hype up LeBron while putting down Kobe.
This site is a joke when it comes to fair moderating. If I were to make a thread discussing Kobe being better than LeBron, it'd get locked. If I were to make a thread about LeBron being better than everyone, it'll get 1000 views in a couple of hours and maybe 450+ responses by the end of the day. That's because it's allowed to thrive.

You think my post is irrelevant to OP's topic. It's not. All of this started because Heat fans can't handle being trolled. That's why there's a thread about "Fans posing as Heat fans aren't funny." Yeah, we're not funny & we're all trolls, but these same Heat fans, who came into the Warriors @ Lakers thread back when Kobe tore his Achilles tendon & laughed and/or said he was faking it for attention, troll all other teams' fans relentlessly, especially Lakers fans. Our complaints are ultimately ignored while their complaints are given immediate attention with bullshit stickied threads.

so your complaining about heat 'fans' complaining? Yet you don't acknowledge the contributions of trolling towards the in what most people here would call bandwagoners of the heat or lebron which leads to retaliation such as rip, mr jabbar and etc... who would go out of their way to every single thread just to say some stupid shit? Not to mention the current ISH wide trolling of heat yet you are complaining which you are obviously participating in too? Does this not make you in the same league of these heat trolls?

Theres two ways to deal with trolling, you attempt to troll them back hoping your comebacks will be better or you just don't reply to them.
eriX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #1090
iamgine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
The Kobe/Lebron talk isn't even that bad as long as it's sensible and fact based. For example Pauk has a disturbing man love for Lebron but his posts are always factually sound with lots of stats and sources.

It's posters like 9erempire, kennethgriffin, etc. who drag this forum down with blatant troll posts. They bring nothing to the table and derail every thread they post in.
Yeah Pauk is surprisingly IMO a pretty good poster despite his reputation
Old 06-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #1091
dh144498
ripthekik is my hero!

dh144498 is considered somewhat cooldh144498 is considered somewhat cool

I agree, OP should be banned.
dh144498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #1092
rfm767
Local High School Star

rfm767 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayrfm767 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Wow, can't believe all the caring about this site in general, mind blowing. I see a lot of whinny bitches complaining about trolling and asking for bans or bans that go beyond "3 days". Get outside, meet a girl, get a job promotion, and stop caring about this stupid site so much.
rfm767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:40 PM   #1093
Doranku
NBA sixth man of the year

Doranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation here

inb4 OP is banned
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #1094
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Who cares, this isn't that serious
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #1095
Mr Exlax
McFailed next season

Mr Exlax is a pretty well-respected posterMr Exlax is a pretty well-respected posterMr Exlax is a pretty well-respected posterMr Exlax is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik
why was I banned for simply supporting my team

Wait, you're back already?
Mr Exlax is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: