Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #1066
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Hey "InsideHoops"... man up or shut up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
The problem we have here is that the posters who contribute the least amount are asking for bans against the posters that contribute the most to this site.

Are you guys moles? Trying to bring down this place?

Just look at the guys complaining with low post counts who don't contribute anything. April 2013 contributes more than you guys in their short time and they not complaining.

That's because there are no consequences for their behavior or creating sock accounts. They are given free reign to act poorly.

OP is right about good posters leaving. It is exhausting trying to reason with people who lack logic, comprehension, and/or intellegence. Also being given freedom to make personal insults.

Tell me this, in the last 2 years with all the quality posters gone, have there been any quailty posters taking their place? And no not the shaqattacks who predate this, but any new members in the last 2 years that brought that great sense of objective knowledge and insight?
I can't think of one.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #1067
triangleoffense
Lakers 14-15 go

triangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Jeff's doing a good job with the site and content has been fantastic as usual. I don't know why you are complaining. You should really get banned and give that username to a real Orlando fan.

You admitted that you have switched teams and that username should be given to a die hard fan.
stopped reading there
triangleoffense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:06 AM   #1068
Dresta
BANNED!!!!

Dresta is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
The problem we have here is that the posters who contribute the least amount are asking for bans against the posters that contribute the most to this site.

Are you guys moles? Trying to bring down this place?

Just look at the guys complaining with low post counts who don't contribute anything. April 2013 contributes more than you guys in their short time and they not complaining.

They contribute more posts, of course. But that is partly because other people can't be arsed discussing things with them, and partly because they never post anything valuable or interesting - it is the same repetitive bullshit again and again and again. So no, they don't contribute shit.

OP is right: this site has gone down the crapper.
Dresta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:13 AM   #1069
Jameerthefear
Feelin' Dandy

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
I've definitely noticed strong flaws on this site. I got banned for 2 days a couple weeks ago for calling someone a "queer." It's funny because there are people here who have thrown the word "n*gger" around like nothing, every other thread has several posters posting "OP is a f*g," etc., yet they're not banned for that crap.
The moderators on this site are inconsistent. It's either they get strict on everyone or just f*ck off and don't pick & choose which posters to give leniency to.
And the whole idea of "intelligent basketball discussions" is laughable. You really think this site has the capabilities of even a normal b-ball conversation? This is the site where one (or all) of the following threads are madeat some point on a daily basis:
LeBron is GOAT
Kobe is overrated
Refs hate Miami (boo hoo!)
MJ is overrated
Kobe got carried to 5 rings
I love LBJ because... (enter irrelevant, mostly non-basketball related reasons)
Etc.
When threads are made hyping Kobe or LAL, they're usually locked. When threads are made hyping Miami and LBJ, the LeBron dick riders are allowed to troll all day.
Lastly, the Miami Heat fan base on here is pathetic. You can't even troll them without them crying about shit. They troll everyone all day. I don't remember seeing any "stop feeding the trolls" threads made when these Heat bandwagoners were bashing the Lakers all this season, but once a handful of us join together to troll these POS Heat fans, it's unproductive and stands against what this site means, huh?
This. I tried to tell Jeff this directly yesterday, but he just used insults and rage-deleted the thread. Not to mention that the Lakers fans aren't really hostile like the Heat fans. The forum needs a consistent set of rules.
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:15 AM   #1070
Dresta
BANNED!!!!

Dresta is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
I've definitely noticed strong flaws on this site. I got banned for 2 days a couple weeks ago for calling someone a "queer." It's funny because there are people here who have thrown the word "n*gger" around like nothing, every other thread has several posters posting "OP is a f*g," etc., yet they're not banned for that crap.
The moderators on this site are inconsistent. It's either they get strict on everyone or just f*ck off and don't pick & choose which posters to give leniency to.
And the whole idea of "intelligent basketball discussions" is laughable. You really think this site has the capabilities of even a normal b-ball conversation? This is the site where one (or all) of the following threads are madeat some point on a daily basis:
• LeBron is GOAT
• Kobe is overrated
• Refs hate Miami (boo hoo!)
• MJ is overrated
• Kobe got carried to 5 rings
• I love LBJ because... (enter irrelevant, mostly non-basketball related reasons)
Etc.
When threads are made hyping Kobe or LAL, they're usually locked. When threads are made hyping Miami and LBJ, the LeBron dick riders are allowed to troll all day.
Lastly, the Miami Heat fan base on here is pathetic. You can't even troll them without them crying about shit. They troll everyone all day. I don't remember seeing any "stop feeding the trolls" threads made when these Heat bandwagoners were bashing the Lakers all this season, but once a handful of us join together to troll these POS Heat fans, it's unproductive and stands against what this site means, huh?
You have just shown yourself to be EXACTLY the kind of blinkered moron that the OP is talking about. Thread is made about the posters on this site en masse and you use it to whinge about Miami and Lebron fans and act like Kobe and Laker fans are some desperately persecuted minority, when they are in reality some of the most delusional people on the planet.

As someone before me said: YOU are the problem.
Dresta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:24 AM   #1071
sc19
Banned

sc19 has an OK reputation so far

But the trolls drives this place.
sc19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #1072
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected poster

I just think that all multiple accounts should be banned.
NumberSix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:31 AM   #1073
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dresta
You have just shown yourself to be EXACTLY the kind of blinkered moron that the OP is talking about. Thread is made about the posters on this site en masse and you use it to whinge about Miami and Lebron fans and act like Kobe and Laker fans are some desperately persecuted minority, when they are in reality some of the most delusional people on the planet.

As someone before me said: YOU are the problem.

Do you even know what is going on?

Jeff made a few threads yesterday acknowledging complaints made by Heat fans, who apparently can't handle being trolled. I'm not saying Laker fans are saints. There are plenty on this site who have given the rest of us a bad rep; however, practically every Heat fan is a troll. Practically every Heat fan's primary objective on this site is to hype up LeBron while putting down Kobe.
This site is a joke when it comes to fair moderating. If I were to make a thread discussing Kobe being better than LeBron, it'd get locked. If I were to make a thread about LeBron being better than everyone, it'll get 1000 views in a couple of hours and maybe 450+ responses by the end of the day. That's because it's allowed to thrive.

You think my post is irrelevant to OP's topic. It's not. All of this started because Heat fans can't handle being trolled. That's why there's a thread about "Fans posing as Heat fans aren't funny." Yeah, we're not funny & we're all trolls, but these same Heat fans, who came into the Warriors @ Lakers thread back when Kobe tore his Achilles tendon & laughed and/or said he was faking it for attention, troll all other teams' fans relentlessly, especially Lakers fans. Our complaints are ultimately ignored while their complaints are given immediate attention with bullshit stickied threads.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #1074
Djarum
I airball my layups

Djarum has not been impressing people

The fact that 9empire remains unbanned is a flagrant indication that the administration will NEVER crack down on trolling. Period. It is simply too necessary for the vitality of the forums. The stickied requests at decent basketball discussion were intended to placate the reasonable posters. All talk and no action. Reminds me of the U.S. government.

Djarum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #1075
HoopsFanNumero1
College superstar

HoopsFanNumero1 has decent reputationHoopsFanNumero1 has decent reputation

Quote:

Jeff made a few threads yesterday acknowledging complaints made by Heat fans, who apparently can't handle being trolled. I'm not saying Laker fans are saints. There are plenty on this site who have given the rest of us a bad rep; however, practically every Heat fan is a troll. Practically every Heat fan's primary objective on this site is to hype up LeBron while putting down Kobe.
This site is a joke when it comes to fair moderating. If I were to make a thread discussing Kobe being better than LeBron, it'd get locked. If I were to make a thread about LeBron being better than everyone, it'll get 1000 views in a couple of hours and maybe 450+ responses by the end of the day. That's because it's allowed to thrive.

You think my post is irrelevant to OP's topic. It's not. All of this started because Heat fans can't handle being trolled. That's why there's a thread about "Fans posing as Heat fans aren't funny." Yeah, we're not funny & we're all trolls, but these same Heat fans, who came into the Warriors @ Lakers thread back when Kobe tore his Achilles tendon & laughed and/or said he was faking it for attention, troll all other teams' fans relentlessly, especially Lakers fans. Our complaints are ultimately ignored while their complaints are given immediate attention with bullshit stickied threads.

HoopsFanNumero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:45 AM   #1076
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool

If this site were as good as ISH in 2003, or, heck, even some of the better Reddit boards, I would spend a lot more time here. And so since ISH is generally the most unproductive thing I do, I applaud the way it's been run. Ever since ISH started to suck (around the time I graduated high school, 2006-2008 was its twilight), I've started going out more, reading more, teaching myself foreign languages, becoming an adult, etc.

As it is, this is a site with about 5 good posters who all feel totally outnumbered and will only chip in here and there and never actually engage anyone in discussion or write more than a few sentences most of the time. And several dozen guys who simply don't bother at all anymore.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #1077
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far

why was I banned for simply supporting my team
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #1078
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

DaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

This thread is about everyone, yet you turn it into a complaint about Heat fans. Not every Heat fan is a troll and a LeBron stan. I'm also not pretending to be a Heat fan like you are, so who is the troll? There are a shit load of Laker fans, Kobe stans, Knick fans, Bull fans, and many other people who just troll and misrepresent their fan base. Should I generalize all Laker fans because one guy trolls? Get ****ing real.

And you forget to mention all the LeBron threads that call him a flopper, say he sucks, say he will never be a GOAT player, says he chokes, and so on. That's like half the threads alone. Have you ever thought maybe some of these Heat fans troll back because this place prosecutes you if you are a Heat fan? I've seen good Heat posters like plowking resort to trolling because everyone is calling him a bandwagon fan anytime he says anything. It took me a long time to prove I was a real Heat fan, and I still take shit from people.

Now I'm not playing the victim card, but there's a bigger problem than just Heat fans. There are a ton of trolls everywhere, and this is a clown site. I agree with the OP. Either say this is an underground type of forum where anything goes, or be more strict and consistent. There's a shit load of people who need to be banned, and I don't mean for 3 days.
DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #1079
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

I find it hilarious that "insidehoops" was complaining about trolls yesterday yet he unbanned silktheshocker. Way to be part of the problem.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:52 AM   #1080
Djarum
I airball my layups

Djarum has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik
why was I banned for simply supporting my team

Because you are just as much of a problem as 9empire. You simply don't contribute a single meaningful thing to any discussion. You and 9 function at the same capacity as bots. You post the same unoriginal, entirely predictable, homer drivel and it boosts the website stats.
Djarum is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: