Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-17-2014, 04:41 PM   #1
Kiddlovesnets
7-time NBA All-Star

Default Spurs will win it all this time

Last year the lack of HCA was key to a heartrending game 7 loss, now armed with a precious HCA they have fought hard for this entire regular season the Spurs won't allow it to happen again. Whether its Pacers or Heat, my pick is Spurs in 6. Also Spurs will at least sweet 2 teams in Western Conference playoffs series.
Kiddlovesnets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:42 PM   #2
navy
Good college starter

Default Re: Spurs will win it all this time

They are gonna choke again.

Last edited by navy : 04-17-2014 at 04:46 PM.
navy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:45 PM   #3
Kiddlovesnets
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy
They are gonna choke again.

Well evidence in the past has little to do with what will happen in future. Even if you flip a coin 10 times and they all appear to be heads, the 11th time still has 50-50 chance to be head or tail.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:49 PM   #4
Suguru101
Mad Men, Thrones.

A healthy Wade is more important than an extra game at home.... If Spurs meet the Heat in the Finals again, they aren't going to win.
Suguru101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:58 PM   #5
J Shuttlesworth
KD > Kobe

Spurs had 3 games in a row at home and still couldn't close it.
J Shuttlesworth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:59 PM   #6
Random_Guy
dayum

I think the Spurs will win in 7 if they get to the finals, but I dont think they will get past OKC though im rooting hard for them.
Random_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:01 PM   #7
LONGTIME
Decent college freshman

Game 6 2013 NBA Finals 28 seconds away and couldn't close it. This team isn't winning shit.
LONGTIME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:01 PM   #8
Kiddlovesnets
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_Guy
I think the Spurs will win in 7 if they get to the finals, but I dont think they will get past OKC though im rooting hard for them.

I dont think OKC is going anywhere in the playoffs, the Grizzlies will most likely take them out in 1st round, its not even an upset to me. Even if they get by 1st round, they will be facing Clippers or Warriors, both are fully capable of defeating them too. The Spurs have easy road to WCF, a sure sweep in 1st round and a possible 2nd round sweep or 5 games series. They will be well-rested and fresh entering WCF, with HCA its impossible for them not to make the finals.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:02 PM   #9
ninephive
Not 1, Not 2, Not 3...

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
Spurs had 3 games in a row at home and still couldn't close it.
Heat had 3 games at home and couldn't close it then either. What does this even mean? Spurs won 2 of those 3 games.
ninephive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:03 PM   #10
navy
Good college starter

Lebron is the greatest game 7 performer of all time. I wouldnt count of the Heat in a Game 7.
That being said, The San Antonio Miami series will be predicated on three point shooting from both teams. Heat have been garbage lately, so San Antonio should be favored.

San Antonio needs to hope the Clippers or Memphis takes out OKC. Because OKC has San Antonio's number, and the difference SA doesnt have a Superstar that can offset a bad matchup.
navy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:04 PM   #11
rmt
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Last year the lack of HCA was key to a heartrending game 7 loss, now armed with a precious HCA they have fought hard for this entire regular season the Spurs won't allow it to happen again. Whether its Pacers or Heat, my pick is Spurs in 6. Also Spurs will at least sweet 2 teams in Western Conference playoffs series.

How do you figure that they'll sweep 2 teams in the West? Even if they're lucky enough to sweep MAVS, I doubt they'd go anywhere sweeping HOU. They'll be lucky to beat them as they are a bad matchup and Harden is a Spur killer. Then there's OKC and all their players whose eyes light up when they play SAS: Reggie Jackson, Fisher and Ibaka. I do like the Spurs chances should they get out of the West though - they're playing MIA well this year.
rmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:11 PM   #12
Dr Hawk
Kids at the park dunk on me

a jop so
Dr Hawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:11 PM   #13
Kiddlovesnets
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmt
How do you figure that they'll sweep 2 teams in the West? Even if they're lucky enough to sweep MAVS, I doubt they'd go anywhere sweeping HOU. They'll be lucky to beat them as they are a bad matchup and Harden is a Spur killer. Then there's OKC and all their players whose eyes light up when they play SAS: Reggie Jackson, Fisher and Ibaka. I do like the Spurs chances should they get out of the West though - they're playing MIA well this year.

Well sweeping the Mavs is not about luck, its about certainty. If the Trailblazers made it to WCSF they will get swept by the Spurs. If Memphis manages to make it to WCF again the Spurs will sweep them again. The Spurs possibly cant sweep the Thunder, Clippers, Rockets or Warriors though, but the Spurs can sweep 3 out of the 7 teams they are potentially facing in playoffs series, its not unreasonable to sweep 2 of them in 3 rounds.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:15 PM   #14
rmt
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Well sweeping the Mavs is not about luck, its about certainty. If the Trailblazers made it to WCSF they will get swept by the Spurs. If Memphis manages to make it to WCF again the Spurs will sweep them again. The Spurs possibly cant sweep the Thunder, Clippers, Rockets or Warriors though, but the Spurs can sweep 3 out of the 7 teams they are potentially facing in playoffs series, its not unreasonable to sweep 2 of them in 3 rounds.

Then you'd be counting on 2 upsets: MEM and POR. Don't think that'll happen. Also, don't think they'll get by OKC - too long and athletic.
rmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:21 PM   #15
inclinerator
Future NBA G.O.A.T

okc kills spurs
inclinerator is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: