Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-07-2007, 11:23 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default InsideHoops Forum Intro, Guidelines, Search, Feedback

Welcome to InsideHoops, the most fun basketball community on the planet!

OVERVIEW

Here at InsideHoops, we value friendly, passionate, intelligent basketball discussion. We have a big mix of fans here -- some young, some old, mostly long-time fans but some still new and learning the game. Be friendly to other people! When in doubt, chill out, relax, and remember why we're all here: For good basketball discussion.

NOTE TO NEW MEMBERS

Welcome aboard. When you first get an account, your account is limited to replying to topics that other people started. As you post for a while, your account will gain the ability to create a topic of your own, and more things, like messaging and other customizable options. It happens fairly quickly. And then you get to enjoy everything for as long as you're here. For years! Decades! Just post regularly and all the features will open up to you soon.

NOTE TO EVERYBODY

1) Be very selective about new topics that you create. Only create a topic that's intelligent and worthy of being its own topic. Before starting a new topic on a recent event, skim-read the pre-existing topics on page 1, and if it's not breaking news, check page 2 and a few other older pages before starting the topic.

2) Be friendly to other people! Healthy basketball debate and passionate discussion is great, but remember, we're all here for fun and to exchange basketball ideas, options, info and observations.

3) If someone posts something that is "damaging" to our board in a fairly big way, please REPORT THE POST by clicking the little red/white triangle near their username. Only do this when necessary. And if someone is posting LOTS of bad stuff, report them just once or twice saying "check their other posts."

4) If you have a personal problem with someone that isn't going away, feel free to simply add them to your Ignore list.

5) When quoting articles from newspapers, other sites, etc. you don't have to always post a link but you do have to credit the source. Also, never repost full articles from anywhere. Just quote a little bit, and credit where it came from.

6) If you aren't up on the latest news or results, hit the http://www.insidehoops.com front page. Look on the right side and skim our news blog entries for the latest news. Skim our rumors page for various rumor items. You can do this in maybe 2-3 minutes flat, and be up on lots of stuff.

7) Best way to learn about basketball is... watch basketball! Shocking, I know!

8) Reach out to your friends and bring them to the InsideHoops community. They'll thank you for it.

9) Post in lots of our forums! Hit the college forum, sneakers, also be sure to post news in the individual forum of your favorite team. Want to mod a team forum? Let us know.

10) HAVE FUN

Last edited by insidehoops : 01-14-2014 at 10:02 PM.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:46 AM   #2
gyu
Good college starter

gyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputation
Default Re: InsideHoops Forum Guidelines, Search, Feedback

Hi admin, sorry if I am not suppose to post here but I have no other way of contacting you! Why is my account so restricted? I cannot find the answers in the FAQ, I can't even view the Member's list or PM other people!

Last edited by gyu : 12-28-2007 at 01:11 AM.
gyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 02:07 PM   #3
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyu
Hi admin, sorry if I am not suppose to post here but I have no other way of contacting you! Why is my account so restricted? I cannot find the answers in the FAQ, I can't even view the Member's list or PM other people!

You have to get 330 posts.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:56 PM   #4
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

Where is the search function? When I try to search, I get a notice saying that search is not enabled for my account.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:07 PM   #5
Attila
National High School Star

Attila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48
Where is the search function? When I try to search, I get a notice saying that search is not enabled for my account.
http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=00...%3Amywjtehgzem
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:20 AM   #6
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I notice there is some sort of hierarchy to the handle below your name and photo, you start with "i can barely lace my sneakers" on up based on number of posts (and perhaps more?)... but i also notice that some users seem to have chosen their own (I assume "free mike miller" is not a step in the rank ladder)... how does one change their sur-title? thanks.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:28 AM   #7
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
I notice there is some sort of hierarchy to the handle below your name and photo, you start with "i can barely lace my sneakers" on up based on number of posts (and perhaps more?)... but i also notice that some users seem to have chosen their own (I assume "free mike miller" is not a step in the rank ladder)... how does one change their sur-title? thanks.

You have to get more than 330 posts

Welcome to Insidehoops
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:15 AM   #8
Dwight_Howard12
Dwight Howard for MVP

Dwight_Howard12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
You have to get more than 330 posts

Welcome to Insidehoops

How come vincentda(just started a thread), who only has 150 posts, has changed his sur-title???
Dwight_Howard12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:01 AM   #9
Attila
National High School Star

Attila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight_Howard12
How come vincentda(just started a thread), who only has 150 posts, has changed his sur-title???
It might be lower.
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:20 PM   #10
kidachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight_Howard12

I think you only need 100..
Old 02-22-2008, 07:31 PM   #11
evinecz
Banned

evinecz has an OK reputation so far

TY
evinecz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 05:27 PM   #12
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
I hate having to keep ****ing explaining this

Like a cancer, he keep coming back. So we let him keep that name so it's easier for us to (1) block his IP address, which keeps changing, and (2) put him on ignore or just don't click the thread when you see he started it
If that is what you want us to do, then why are you posting this thread? Banning him forces him to start all over, which is a good punishment. When he comes back, ban him again.

The idea that it is better not to ban him so that other posters will know who he is and recognize that his posts suck is not working. When he was PB, it took a long time for him to get banned, but the forum is better with him gone, and forced to create a new identity. When someone new comes into the forum and sees a guy like CP with a ton of posts, they think people are homer idiots on this forum. If they see someone with 20 posts doing that, they just think it is a noobie that will either get banned or run out of steam.

If you ban him a few times a week (once it gets reported he is back), and remove his threads, he will go away. Doing what you are doing or banning him once every few months will never work.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 05:42 PM   #13
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

feedback: there should be a better management of threads that are being created. Just look at how many stupid threads by laker fans there are now simply findng ways to bash shaq and suns. Do they really need that many threads to make their point? Plus there isn't any new discussion going on in those threads that hasn't been repeated already. It gets boring.......at least thats how i see it. You dont have to agree with me...but things like this bring credibility down for insidehoops forum.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 05:45 PM   #14
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
feedback: there should be a better management of threads that are being created. Just look at how many stupid threads by laker fans there are now simply findng ways to bash shaq and suns. Do they really need that many threads to make their point? Plus there isn't any new discussion going on in those threads that hasn't been repeated already. It gets boring.......at least thats how i see it. You dont have to agree with me...but things like this bring credibility down for insidehoops forum.

If you dont agree with the threads, dont post in them. I agree there is a bunch of crappy threads being created but to go in them and bash the posters doesnt make you any better.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:01 PM   #15
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers13
If you dont agree with the threads, dont post in them. I agree there is a bunch of crappy threads being created but to go in them and bash the posters doesnt make you any better.

thats y i have asked the admin or mods to better manage the threads so that when most people log on here there isn't the same crap all over.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: