Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-17-2007, 03:07 PM   #1
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here
Default a lot of crazy things happened yesterday.

just in case you missed some of them, let's put yesterday in perspective:

1. Louis Williams had 19 in 25 mins in a close game, and that isn't even his season high. Is nobody talking about this guy maybe finally coming around, or am I missing it? how good can this guy get?

2. Lebron James scored 34 points in the second half to lead his team from behind in the 4th quarter against the jazz. He had 40/10/9 with 3 blocks and a game-stealing strip.

3. Jason Kidd and Dwight Howard both had 19 rebounds in a game. Dwight went for 21/19 and JKidd had his compulsory triple double 11/10/19.

4. Paul Pierce hit a game winner to keep the Celtics winning streak alive. In other news, the Heat actually played like an NBA team for the first time and D Wade looks like he's back

5. Kevin Durant hit a buzzer beating 3 at the end of double over time to beat the Hawks. Damien Wilkins had 41 (!) points. Joe Johnson went 15-34 for 39.

6. David West hit a game winner with 8 seconds left in 2OT to beat Memphis. West had 40 pts, Paul 28/13/5stl, and Juan Carlos Navarro, the guy the Wizards had the rights to and gave away, went 8-9 from 3 and scored 28.

7. The Wizards actually won a game they were supposed to win by beating Minnesota.

8. Luis Scola goes 10-11 for 20 pts against the team that gave him away.

9. David Lee goes for 24/16, Kevin Martin 43/10 and the Kings beat the Knicks in triple overtime in perhaps the most poorly played game I ever watched. Kevin Martin blew a pair of FTs in overtime, and at one point to close an OT period, the Kings in 5 possessions made 3 TOs and went 1-4 from the line and still won. KMart is the biggest choker I've seen, scoring no points in the 4th and missing the aforementioned FTs. the Knicks, on the other hand, had so many chances to win, but instead of taking wide open threes they kept charging to the basket and firing up 10 foot floaters that had no prayer.

10. Andris Biedrins had 23/18 with 2 blocks and Patrick O'Bryant actually played like he might some day belong in the NBA.

... all in one day. crazy day. good thing I missed almost all of it, I was in a car the whole time.

Last edited by geeWiz15 : 11-17-2007 at 03:09 PM.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 03:09 PM   #2
C.L.W. "DatDude"
Banned

C.L.W. "DatDude" has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: a lot of crazy things happened yesterday.

Jason Kidd and Kevin Martin were the most impressive in my opinion.
C.L.W. "DatDude" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 03:09 PM   #3
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That was a great day in the NBA. That's why I love the NBA - days like that. Highlights, action and historic moments all in different cities simultaneously. Kizzle took the words right out my mouth from yesterday. "I love this game."
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 03:10 PM   #4
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

6 really close games last night... 3 went into OT, 2 extended OT.... best NBA day thus far.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 03:10 PM   #5
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Yesterday was great day in the NBA.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 03:11 PM   #6
C.L.W. "DatDude"
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
That was a great day in the NBA. That's why I love the NBA - days like that. Highlights, action and historic moments all in different cities simultaneously. Kizzle took the words right out my mouth from yesterday. "I love this game."...because its "where amazing happens"

Fixed

Last edited by C.L.W. "DatDude" : 11-17-2007 at 03:15 PM.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:13 PM   #7
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

"where amazing happens" + league pass = most annoying thing ever.... I have to hear that tune 30+ times a night.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 03:13 PM   #8
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lebron James scoring 40 points, and Kevin Durant hitting his first Buzzer beater is 2 of the best highlight of the night.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 03:24 PM   #9
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
"where amazing happens" + league pass = most annoying thing ever.... I have to hear that tune 30+ times a night.
I wonder if that song is copyrighted. You can't copyright chords; only melodies. But that song doesn't have a melody. Maybe the NBA picked that song because they only have to pay mechanicals and not royalties?
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 03:29 PM   #10
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
just in case you missed some of them, let's put yesterday in perspective:

1. Louis Williams had 19 in 25 mins in a close game, and that isn't even his season high. Is nobody talking about this guy maybe finally coming around, or am I missing it? how good can this guy get?

2. Lebron James scored 34 points in the second half to lead his team from behind in the 4th quarter against the jazz. He had 40/10/9 with 3 blocks and a game-stealing strip.

3. Jason Kidd and Dwight Howard both had 19 rebounds in a game. Dwight went for 21/19 and JKidd had his compulsory triple double 11/10/19.

4. Paul Pierce hit a game winner to keep the Celtics winning streak alive. In other news, the Heat actually played like an NBA team for the first time and D Wade looks like he's back

5. Kevin Durant hit a buzzer beating 3 at the end of double over time to beat the Hawks. Damien Wilkins had 41 (!) points. Joe Johnson went 15-34 for 39.

6. David West hit a game winner with 8 seconds left in 2OT to beat Memphis. West had 40 pts, Paul 28/13/5stl, and Juan Carlos Navarro, the guy the Wizards had the rights to and gave away, went 8-9 from 3 and scored 28.

7. The Wizards actually won a game they were supposed to win by beating Minnesota.

8. Luis Scola goes 10-11 for 20 pts against the team that gave him away.

9. David Lee goes for 24/16, Kevin Martin 43/10 and the Kings beat the Knicks in triple overtime in perhaps the most poorly played game I ever watched. Kevin Martin blew a pair of FTs in overtime, and at one point to close an OT period, the Kings in 5 possessions made 3 TOs and went 1-4 from the line and still won. KMart is the biggest choker I've seen, scoring no points in the 4th and missing the aforementioned FTs. the Knicks, on the other hand, had so many chances to win, but instead of taking wide open threes they kept charging to the basket and firing up 10 foot floaters that had no prayer.

10. Andris Biedrins had 23/18 with 2 blocks and Patrick O'Bryant actually played like he might some day belong in the NBA.

... all in one day. crazy day. good thing I missed almost all of it, I was in a car the whole time.

The great thing about all of that: Jason Kidd, LeBron James, and Louis Williams are on my fantasy team!
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 03:30 PM   #11
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Kevin Martin was hoopin
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 03:32 PM   #12
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Wilkins with 40 point game and Durant FTW YESSSS /albert
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 03:36 PM   #13
Pyro
Banned

Pyro has an OK reputation so far

Wilkins had 41 points and 9 rebounds
Pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 03:36 PM   #14
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

You forgot Mo Evans ****ting on Rip and taunting him like no tommorow.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 03:40 PM   #15
C.L.W. "DatDude"
Banned

Damn...Why did I trade K-Mart???

I traded K-Mart for Baron Davis and Louis Williams. Did I get robbed???
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: