Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-17-2007, 09:52 AM   #1
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here
Default The Celtics will lose their first game in Orlando on Sunday

The Celtics look ripe for the loss for this game, they haven't looked good offensively at least not as good as the previous week Doc talks about them needing some practice time to work on some things but they wont have time before heading to Orlando. They haven't played a complete game in a week (the last quarter of the jersey game, 1st Q in ind, 1st half vs jersey and the 4th of yesterday) looks like a trend. Ray Allen has had a poor shooting week after the 48 min game he played last Saturday ( 15-47 .319fg% 5-18 .2783fg% 16.67 ppg) and he is just coming off a 45 min game and he is supossed to be the big difference for the Orl game he might just not be able to do that. I hope i'm wrong but this game looks to be the one.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:57 AM   #2
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The Celtics will lose their first game in Orlando on Sunday

they're definitely getting a lot of hype for being 8-0.

im not hating on them tho. i think they're the real deal. i think its just kind of proven excitement. its funny how everyone thinks "no its gonna be this game!"

what are some of the more recent starts like this? i know Iverson had the Sixers at 10-0 or 11-0 one year. i have a hard time remembering stuff like this these days.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 11:16 AM   #3
NBA JAM 3021
Can barely lace up my sneakers

NBA JAM 3021 has an OK reputation so far

They have looked really bad the last 2 games. I thought they looked better last night against Miami but not like the week before. That forth quarter vs Miami was bad. But they have found ways to win games and thats what good teams do.
NBA JAM 3021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:13 PM   #4
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Howard's going to kill them. He's just going to demolish them. Perkins likely can't handle him that well and will get into foul trouble. If the Magic supporting cast steps up, Orlando can win.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:23 PM   #5
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The OP is hiliarious. The title of the thread makes it seem its some bold prediction that the Magic will beat the Celtics.

Well the Magic are a very good team. And they are at home. They can easily beat the Celtics. It's not a stretch. And of course, the Celtics are due to lose.....
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:27 PM   #6
KWALI
erudite

KWALI has an OK reputation so far

and Um didn't the Pacers do 16-0 and Dirks Mavs 17 -0? pretty recently? and the Pistons?
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:29 PM   #7
Wilt
Banned

Wilt has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
The OP is hiliarious. The title of the thread makes it seem its some bold prediction that the Magic will beat the Celtics.

Well the Magic are a very good team. And they are at home. They can easily beat the Celtics. It's not a stretch. And of course, the Celtics are due to lose.....
Howard won't stop KG
Wilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:33 PM   #8
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

I remember Perk doing a good job on hopward last year though it was only one game.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:36 PM   #9
MMM
877-954-1893

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred

I wasn't trying to be bold here the Magic are a good team and the C's a due for a loss. Not only that but they haven't really played well the last couple of games. The magic match up closely with the C's and the match up where one would think the C's have an advantage Ray vs. Hedo that might not be the case.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:38 PM   #10
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Boston 8-0 in the East does not impress me quite yet, considering the talent they have in the starting core. The Orlando game will be a good test for both teams, but its not a lock for either one.

It will be more interesting to me to see how Boston plays against teams in the Texas Triangle for instance.

The Celtics are strong at full strength, but they are fragile if one of their key players gets hurt during this long NBA season.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:42 PM   #11
KWALI
erudite

KWALI has an OK reputation so far

I think Perkins can do well defensively on Howard...Big guys with a lot of MAss can bother himm...he's a top heavy athlete....

And why do people keep calling him a young SHAQ?.......Young D-Rob
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:53 PM   #12
MMM
877-954-1893

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWALI
I think Perkins can do well defensively on Howard...Big guys with a lot of MAss can bother himm...he's a top heavy athlete....

And why do people keep calling him a young SHAQ?.......Young D-Rob

He really isn't a young d-rob as well

Quote:
Boston 8-0 in the East

7-0 and 1-0 in the West to be accurate.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:10 PM   #13
yeaaaman
Local High School Star

yeaaaman has decent reputationyeaaaman has decent reputation

whos gonna have more rebounds dwight or kg??
yeaaaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 02:14 PM   #14
C.L.W. "DatDude"
Banned

C.L.W. "DatDude" has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeaaaman
whos gonna have more rebounds dwight or kg??
Dwight will probably out rebound KG, but not by much. This will be a good game and im curious to see how good the Magic really are. If they can pull off this win I see them being on top of the standings come playoff time. They have a good thing going, they just need another big man to go in their front line.
C.L.W. "DatDude" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 02:19 PM   #15
yeaaaman
Local High School Star

yeaaaman has decent reputationyeaaaman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.L.W. "DatDude"
Dwight will probably out rebound KG, but not by much. This will be a good game and im curious to see how good the Magic really are. If they can pull off this win I see them being on top of the standings come playoff time. They have a good thing going, they just need another big man to go in their front line.

i agree with all but the big man situation... they have pat garrity cheaaa
yeaaaman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: