Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-17-2007, 02:50 PM   #31
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputationSsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default Re: I still don't understand why the Spurs traded Scola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius
Is Mahinmi ever going to be as good as Scola is now?

Mahinmi is very raw, he is athletic but he he has no footwork, or shot. he will play in the d-league i think this year to polish his game a little bit. scola is more of an offensive player, mahinmi will be a defensive player, similar to a player like samuel dalembert.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 03:17 PM   #32
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
that he was, but he is already in his 30s. the spurs scouting staff feel that tiago splitter, who is just 20 years old, will be better and that is why they let scola walk.

Scola is just 27 years old and just entering the prime of his career and Splitter is going to be 23 on new years day, so by the time y'all bring him over he'll be just 3 years younger than Scola is now. Who the hell told you he's in his thirties. :

Last edited by TMac&Luther : 11-17-2007 at 03:19 PM.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:01 PM   #33
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

el_locoteee has decent reputationel_locoteee has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellsAngel
i think it was that they didn't want to pay his buyout since he had a contract in for another league and i think it was 5 mill but i might be wrong

No NBA team can pay more that 500,000 fora buyout, Scola himself pay the rest of his buyout and sign for a low salary (Yao Ming get all his teammates a nice chinnesse deals, he sign with anta that helps pay for his buyout in a legal way)
el_locoteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:49 PM   #34
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
Scola is just 27 years old and just entering the prime of his career and Splitter is going to be 23 on new years day, so by the time y'all bring him over he'll be just 3 years younger than Scola is now. Who the hell told you he's in his thirties. :

The same people who said Mutombo was in his forties....... oh wait.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:55 PM   #35
meh
Decent playground baller

meh has an OK reputation so far

The Spurs got into a bad situation because they didn't make a decision on Scola until it was too late.

When their proposed trade for Scola to go to an Eastern conference team failed, the Rockets came in with the only reasonable offer before the deadline. The Spurs ended up with a choice of whether to let him sign in Spain, or trade him to a possible playoff opponent for cap relief. They decided on the latter.

If they didn't wait until the last minute, they could've chosen for Scola to go East, where he'd be nothing but a footnote to the Spurs. It's what they got for procrastination.
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 07:16 PM   #36
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I take it those guys are overseas?

Also how was it too late to bring Scola over when the team he played for placed an expensive buyout tag on him the Spurs (from what I read) refused to pay. While this trade may have been financial...I'm curious that even if Spurs had $$$ would they still have Scola because it seemed they were turned off and wouldnt give in to the demands of his buyout. Correct me if I'm wrong tho.
Splitter is, but the other guy is a rookie right now. Drafted a couple of years ago.

It was too late for Scola to come over after this year because the new contract that he would have signed was going to have an insane, crazy, ridiculous buyout number. His buyout was only 3 million when the Rockets acquired him. That's why all the league execs. were saying, "It's now or never with Scola." That's why the Spurs practically gave him away so they could get at least something.

I don't know how much Udoka makes. If he makes what Scola makes, it doesn't make sense, but I am under the impression that he makes about half of what Scola makes.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 07:38 PM   #37
MadeFromDust
i take yo azz 2da hole

MadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this board

So what, they lost Scola and now he's burning them. As sucky as the Spurs are, AT LEAST THEY'RE NOT AS BAD AS THE LALA LAMERS!!

Right aaabannedgorillaboi?
MadeFromDust is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: