Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-16-2007, 06:56 PM   #16
Tool
Ball til I fall

Tool is considered somewhat coolTool is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: who is your nba team leader? for the sonics-- no one; for the celts--kg

CB4
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:00 PM   #17
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default Re: who is your nba team leader? for the sonics-- no one; for the celts--kg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Toine=MVP
plus there aren't many star players tougher than pierce in the league. he is a close 2nd to iverson in my opinion.

surely your not sayin that PP is tougher than KG? how many years has KG played and never missed more than 5 or 6 games per year? how long has he played on bummed knees? i agree PP is tough, but IMO i think KG has been the definition of longevity in the NBA for the past decade and a half.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:11 PM   #18
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
surely your not sayin that PP is tougher than KG? how many years has KG played and never missed more than 5 or 6 games per year? how long has he played on bummed knees? i agree PP is tough, but IMO i think KG has been the definition of longevity in the NBA for the past decade and a half.

Um, Paul Pierce was stabbed. 11 times. Including the neck.

Toughness goes beyond the court and its related injuries.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:15 PM   #19
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far

as much as Iverson tries to say that Melo is the leader its really AI.

like others have said tho, Melo is the best player on the team.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:15 PM   #20
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

so your disregarding KG's toughness b/c he wasnt stabbed?

i never said PP wasnt tough, i was sayin that KG is tough too. PP has missed a lot of games due to injury.

but how good of a problem is it that we're arguing over who's the leader/tougher between PP and KG??? their on the same team, its great.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:19 PM   #21
SomeBunghole
Banned

SomeBunghole has an OK reputation so far

Andrei Kirilenko.
SomeBunghole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:19 PM   #22
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not knocking KG at all, I'm just saying that PP was stabbed in the damn face :

Pretty incredible how he recovered and was playing again so quickly.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:22 PM   #23
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

yeah...i agree with you there randy.

wasnt tryin to take nothin away from PP.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:24 PM   #24
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Thou NBA
Dallas- Dirk & Josh Howard

Rockets- Rafer Alston

Are you kidding?

Dallas - Terry and Dirk
Rockets - T-Mac
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:15 PM   #25
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
so your disregarding KG's toughness b/c he wasnt stabbed?

i never said PP wasnt tough, i was sayin that KG is tough too. PP has missed a lot of games due to injury.

but how good of a problem is it that we're arguing over who's the leader/tougher between PP and KG??? their on the same team, its great.
has as much to do with luck of the draw as anything
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:43 PM   #26
'Toine=MVP
High School Varsity 12th Man

'Toine=MVP has no real reputation yet.

Quote:

i don't think toughness correlates positively with health, but either way, that wasn't my point. i guess it is a subjective definition, but i think the 2 main things that equal toughness in the NBA are (1) the willingness to give up your body and (2) the ability to raise your game when your back is to the wall.

the biggest criticism of garnett has been that he doesn't get the job done in close playoff games when the heat is on, especially at the end of those games. also, he is somewhat criticized for not being willing to play tough in the paint, when that is such an important thing to do in the NBA.

but he is a rally the troops type guy, which is great. and certainly he has as much talent as anyone in the league.
'Toine=MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:54 PM   #27
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

As odd as it is to say the stabbing things gets a bit too much play. People get stabbed and go back to work. People get shot and go back to work. Pierce got stabbed and the season started 5 weeks later. We have all seen things on shows like "Ripleys believe it or not" with some guy getting a knife through the head and being ok soon after. People act like he had a liver transplant and came back in a week. He got stabbed. If the knife damaged anything vital enough hed have died(I mean damaged it enough...im not saying nothing vital was hit). 11 stabs sound bad but 11 of those stabs did less damage than one stab in the right place. He got stabbed monday night and was released thursday morning. How badly could he have been hurt if he gets out after only 2 full days?

Far as a basketball career....a bad knee injury probably hurts your chances of return more than a stabbing that had him cleared for release 2 days later.

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/topstory/pierce0925.jpg

Thats paul 2 days after he was stabbed. How bad does he look really?

Im not calling a stabbing a minor injury...but fact is the rehab for his kind of stabbing couldnt have been that extensive if he was cleared to play so soon. He wasnt all that hurt.

His career would have suffered more had he had a sports related injury like a torn ACL or something. People have been stabbed and out of the hospital the next morning.

Playing 5 weeks later is more a sign of the stabbings severity than his toughness to me. No matter how mentally tough you are if you get stabbed the wrong way...you arent playing. You play after getting stabbed youre lucky it wasnt a worse stabbing. A bad enough stabbing makes your toughness not matter....

Last edited by Kblaze8855 : 11-16-2007 at 08:58 PM.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:34 PM   #28
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeaaaman
sonics - johan petro

i wish

i'm curious, if kobe is the laker leader-- how did it play when he was ripping on his teammates and desiring a trade?
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:06 AM   #29
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Pierce has never been a leader.

That's rubbish, he has been the heart and the sole of that team since before even Toine left.

KG needs a leader alongside him. That's why Sam Cassell was such a good fit in Minny and to a lesser degree Ervin Johnson. KG is a fierce competitor, but from all I've seen of him he isn't any kind of leader that will take a team someone. Don't get me wrong, he is your franchise player, he just has serious flaws as a leader that others cover for, in this case Ray and Pierce cover that perfectly, that's why it's a good fit.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:07 AM   #30
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Knicks - Whoopi Goldberg

Wait....that was just a movie.....
bagelred is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: