Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2007, 05:16 AM   #1
DOUBLE DRIBBLE
Legend
 
DOUBLE DRIBBLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: N/A
Posts: 505
Question Is Marbury going to get blackballed from the league?

I don't think any GM is going to sign a malcontent that rats out his organization he plays for. They will wonder if he will try to pull the same shlt if things don't go his way.... He should of keep his big mouth shut, making threats only hurts himself, his career is over.

Despite all the other negative things about the dude I still had some respect for the man.... that is all gone now. I can't respect a rat. I hope the Knicks don't give in to him, just bench his ass and wait till his contract expires.
DOUBLE DRIBBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:11 AM   #2
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan
 
hawkfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,397
Default Re: Is Marbury going to get blackballed from the league?

Some team will sign him, depending on his attitude.

The next team he plays for, he will probably have to be a sixth man.

He'd be great for the Pistons, relieving some of the minutes off of Chauncey and Rip, and providing some scoring off the bench.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:14 AM   #3
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,369
Default Re: Is Marbury going to get blackballed from the league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
Some team will sign him, depending on his attitude.

The next team he plays for, he will probably have to be a sixth man.

He'd be great for the Pistons, relieving some of the minutes off of Chauncey and Rip, and providing some scoring off the bench.


a defense porous guard is the last thing the Pistons want
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:34 AM   #4
kidachi
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Is Marbury going to get blackballed from the league?

to boston........
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:46 AM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,730
Default Re: Is Marbury going to get blackballed from the league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE DRIBBLE
I don't think any GM is going to sign a malcontent that rats out his organization he plays for. They will wonder if he will try to pull the same shlt if things don't go his way.... He should of keep his big mouth shut, making threats only hurts himself, his career is over.

Despite all the other negative things about the dude I still had some respect for the man.... that is all gone now. I can't respect a rat. I hope the Knicks don't give in to him, just bench his ass and wait till his contract expires.

What did he say?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:13 AM   #6
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs
 
mlh1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 14,157
Default Re: Is Marbury going to get blackballed from the league?

regardless of what happens..................thanks for the cheap shoes, Steph. They are serving me well
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:38 AM   #7
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?
 
johndeeregreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,514
Default Re: Is Marbury going to get blackballed from the league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
a defense porous guard is the last thing the Pistons want
You've been saying "defense porous" so much I feel compelled to tell you that it should really be "defensively porous" or "a guard who is porous defensively." It doesn't really matter, but I keep seeing this phrase and it just sounds terrible.

Sorry, pet peeve.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:46 AM   #8
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,965
Default Re: Is Marbury going to get blackballed from the league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
regardless of what happens..................thanks for the cheap shoes, Steph. They are serving me well
i concur wholeheartedly. hows your cincy withdrawal symptoms coming along? Gotta love the three rivers though
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:53 AM   #9
apriorist
High School Starter
 
apriorist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 776
Default Re: Is Marbury going to get blackballed from the league?

I'm surprised the dude hasn't been blackballed already. Every team he's left has gotten better after he left. We're talking like 4 teams here. Dude sucks.
apriorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:56 AM   #10
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs
 
mlh1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 14,157
Default Re: Is Marbury going to get blackballed from the league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
i concur wholeheartedly. hows your cincy withdrawal symptoms coming along? Gotta love the three rivers though

I have learned that everyone here HATES my teams and that half of my wardrobe is now null and void..................unless I want to end up getting jeers and catcalls when I go to the grocery store/gym/mall/work, etc
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:57 AM   #11
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star
 
HaNdLe ThE RoCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the garden
Posts: 9,416
Default Re: Is Marbury going to get blackballed from the league?

He's a Knick.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:40 AM   #12
bagelred
My team always wins
 
bagelred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 28,329
Default Re: Is Marbury going to get blackballed from the league?

The term is African-American balled.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:13 AM   #13
bjtrdff
Darrick Martin's Coach
 
bjtrdff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,467
Default Re: Is Marbury going to get blackballed from the league?

That's right, n-word Jim.
bjtrdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:16 AM   #14
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,369
Default Re: Is Marbury going to get blackballed from the league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
You've been saying "defense porous" so much I feel compelled to tell you that it should really be "defensively porous" or "a guard who is porous defensively." It doesn't really matter, but I keep seeing this phrase and it just sounds terrible.

Sorry, pet peeve.


*shrugs*

well.. the second phrase is a bit redundant.

and "defensively porous" would be the correct grammatical phrase with adverb and adjective

so I will justify my use of "defense porous" to be "defense-porous" with noun-adjective hyphenated.

but I guess the best way to adjust it grammatically would simply say Marbury as "porous defense."
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:22 PM   #15
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Rasheed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 10,340
Default Re: Is Marbury going to get blackballed from the league?

The thing that makes me laugh about this whole thing is that that the knicks still havent solved the issue that Larry Brown was b*tchin about...

knicks villified Brown because he airs dirty laundry in the press... But look at them now... They still have had their dirty laundry aired (much worse than LB ever would have done) and they still have this issue with Marbury and the defense ..... Players being leaders....

its the same stuff, and its biting them in the ass again

the knicks are so dammned hard headed its comedy these days.. Like Wylie Coyote or something... When will they smarten up
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:22 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy