Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-15-2007, 03:26 AM   #31
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: can someone tell me what makes Alston better than these players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
shhhh if you say his name 2 more times he might appear...
So you're sayin' if I say pleezebelieve two more times pleezebelieve will appear?

... oops.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:27 AM   #32
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
So you're sayin' if I say pleezebelieve two more times pleezebelieve will appear?

... oops.

B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:33 AM   #33
MeatAndPotatoes
I hit open 5-footers

MeatAndPotatoes has an OK reputation so far

MeatAndPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:38 AM   #34
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Buckwheat!
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:41 AM   #35
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Houston should just package all the point guards for Chris Paul or Deron Williams.

I think the only serious chance the Rockets have is for Alston to be hot come playoffs. It's hard to win 16 games out of 16-28 games when you're getting VERY inconsistent (and in some cases no) scoring from your point guard or power forward positions.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:57 AM   #36
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
Houston should just package all the point guards for Chris Paul or Deron Williams.

why would Utah or New Orleans do that?
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:06 AM   #37
applejoe
Decent playground baller

applejoe has an OK reputation so far

This thread again highlights people who don't watch the games at all and come in to this forum just to spew BS. Just because Alston used to be a streetballer doesn't mean he sucks at playing organized ball. The guy is playing because he's the best at getting the ball to Yao. He's very good at keeping his dribble alive and knows exactly when that split second when Yao has his defender pinned will occur, and can dump the ball in with precision. If the Rockets are to succeed, they must have someone reliable to get Yao the ball.
applejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:30 AM   #38
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Headache and Shane the dribbling Machine are two And 1 Street ball players who play with Rafer "Skip to my Lue" Alston. They are not nicknames for Luther Head and Shane Battier.

I said they (the streetball guys) would be better the Rafer (Rockets streetball player) because I've seen them hit open jumpers on the regular (unlike Skip to my Lue)

I thought headache was franchise because of his past migraine problems! I think you confused more than a few kizzle man
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:02 AM   #39
biisak
Yeah, Im from Sweden

biisak has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejoe
This thread again highlights people who don't watch the games at all and come in to this forum just to spew BS. Just because Alston used to be a streetballer doesn't mean he sucks at playing organized ball. The guy is playing because he's the best at getting the ball to Yao. He's very good at keeping his dribble alive and knows exactly when that split second when Yao has his defender pinned will occur, and can dump the ball in with precision. If the Rockets are to succeed, they must have someone reliable to get Yao the ball.

Hey cmon, its geewiz. You dont have to actually WATCH basketball to have an opinion you know.
biisak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:07 AM   #40
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
here's a guy who does absolutely nothing right, and I mean ever, blew 2 wide open game tying 3s today, and he's competing against:

Aaron Brooks
Steve Francis
Luther Head
Mike James

and yet he's the one who plays. why?

Maybe the Rockets are trying to get him minutes for a trade.

Sitting on the bench diminishes his trade value.

The Cavs could use him. Say a Damon Jones for Rafer Alston type deal.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:44 AM   #41
kidachi

alston for hughes

Old 11-16-2007, 02:47 AM   #42
MeatAndPotatoes
I hit open 5-footers

MeatAndPotatoes has an OK reputation so far

btw: worst jerseys in the NBA = cavs
MeatAndPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 03:19 AM   #43
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejoe

You see, the problem is I would usually have no problem with this, but Alston is a major liability on the offensive side. He is allergic to contact, therefore he throws his stupid floater (which rarely goes in) instead of taking the contact and going to the foul line. He pulls up on the fast break (and always misses). He at least could hit threes last year, but this year, that's somehow gotten worst.

I watched a lot of Rafer Alston, and honestly, I don't give a rat's ass how great he is at getting the ball to Yao, because many of the times he doesn't give the ball to Yao right away anyways.

Steve Francis is pretty good at giving the ball to Yao as well as Bonzi Wells and T-mac.

Rafer is just a major liability on offense and we can't have defenses pack in the paint.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 04:54 AM   #44
ShamRockStar
High school junior varsity star

ShamRockStar has an OK reputation so far

They will be fine in the playoffs if McGrady is healthy, he can be the PG on offense, and then use Mike James IMO, cause he can play the best defense and hit shots, he's pretty clutch as well.
ShamRockStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:37 PM   #45
futurestar35
I airball my layups

futurestar35 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidachi
alston for hughes

hughes
futurestar35 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: