Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-15-2007, 01:53 AM   #16
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: can someone tell me what makes Alston better than these players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
here's a guy who does absolutely nothing right, and I mean ever, blew 2 wide open game tying 3s today, and he's competing against:

Aaron Brooks
Steve Francis
Luther Head
Mike James

and yet he's the one who plays. why?

I dont understand it myself...hes probably the worst starting point guard in the league.....he turns over the ball too much and hes a poor shooter....he needs to go back to the playgrounds and be "Skip to my Lou" again ....

Francis should get playing time.....even Brooks!
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:56 AM   #17
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardBullsFan
I dont understand it myself...hes probably the worst starting point guard in the league.....he turns over the ball too much and hes a poor shooter....he needs to go back to the playgrounds and be "Skip to my Lou" again ....

He doesn't turn the ball over, infact thats the whole reason why he's stuck. He's the only gaurd they can trust to bring the ball up in crucial situations.

He is a crappy shooter though.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:56 AM   #18
MeatAndPotatoes
I hit open 5-footers

MeatAndPotatoes has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardBullsFan

slow down there. you don't win championships by just throwing players together and expecting them to just magically become a force. It's a much slower process and you never know what Adelman and the coaches might be planning.
MeatAndPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:58 AM   #19
Wuxia
Local High School Star

Wuxia has decent reputation

Anyone who believes Alston is inferior to anyone of those point guards doesn't know a damm thing about the Rockets.

Alston is the best ball handler out of that group and he is the best when it comes to bringing the ball up the court and handling any kind of full court press. He is also the best at feeding the post, and this part is always overlooked. Its not easy feeding the post especially to someone that is as immobile as Yao. He is probably the worst shooter out of those guys but thats not what the Rockets need him to do. He does what the team needs and he is best at it.
Wuxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:58 AM   #20
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatAndPotatoes
prolly true, wtf were you talkn bout??
Headache and Shane the dribbling Machine are two And 1 Street ball players who play with Rafer "Skip to my Lue" Alston. They are not nicknames for Luther Head and Shane Battier.

I said they (the streetball guys) would be better the Rafer (Rockets streetball player) because I've seen them hit open jumpers on the regular (unlike Skip to my Lue)
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:59 AM   #21
Make It Rain
Banned

Make It Rain has an OK reputation so far

Rafer Alston should go back to Rucker Park.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:04 AM   #22
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Is a mystery the world may never know. It's amazing how much Rick and JVG love this guy.

I can't stand watching another minute of Rafer Alston on the court. It stresses the hell out of me.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:06 AM   #23
MeatAndPotatoes
I hit open 5-footers

MeatAndPotatoes has an OK reputation so far

There's things he does just like Chuck Hayes, things that don't show up at all on stats, but make the team much better. He is a great passer most of the time, and he feed it to Yao/Tracy perfectly where they need it to be affective. James is still trying to learn that.

In practices, Alston knows where Yao wants the ball alot more than Francis. That's something Yao and Francis have been working on.

Alston provides courage and personality to the team. When things start getting sloppy, he usually does a great job of talking to everybody and getting everyone on the same page. Going to miss him once Stevie starts starting.
MeatAndPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:09 AM   #24
32MJ32
PG, Boonville Jerkoffs

32MJ32 has decent reputation

Rafer was 4th in the league in made 3's last season. Look it up if you don't believe me. He shot it at .363, too, which isn't outstanding but it's on a par with Bibby, Arenas and strangely enough, Allen.

He can shoot. He's just having a rough start. Like I said in the other thread, Houston have to start praying his shot comes around.
32MJ32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:12 AM   #25
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32MJ32
Rafer was 4th in the league in made 3's last season. Look it up if you don't believe me. He shot it at .363, too, which isn't outstanding but it's on a par with Bibby, Arenas and strangely enough, Allen.

He can shoot. He's just having a rough start. Like I said in the other thread, Houston have to start praying his shot comes around.

He took 700+ three pointers. I don't care what anyone says, but that's a huge problem.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:15 AM   #26
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32MJ32

Rafer's three's are open looks from the defense attention put on Mac and Yao. Arenas and Allen are always contested.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:15 AM   #27
32MJ32
PG, Boonville Jerkoffs

Head took a whole bunch, too. Clearly, that's a shot they've been told to take to stop guys doubling down on Yao.

.363 isn't terrible. Shooting .389 on 2's is more alarming. He needs an in between game.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:18 AM   #28
32MJ32
PG, Boonville Jerkoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Rafer's three's are open looks from the defense attention put on Mac and Yao. Arenas and Allen are always contested.

True, but if they're all making 4 out of every 11 attempts or close enough, isn't it a fair comparasion?

If Arenas can make 4 out of 11 off the bounce and it's cool for him to launch 7 of them a game how come Rafer can't shoot 6 open ones when he makes the same %?
Old 11-15-2007, 02:22 AM   #29
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Jerome James is a better PG that Alston is...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:23 AM   #30
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
He dies tonight, pleezebelieve!

shhhh if you say his name 2 more times he might appear...
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: