Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-14-2007, 11:55 PM   #1
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here
Default can someone tell me what makes Alston better than these players.

here's a guy who does absolutely nothing right, and I mean ever, blew 2 wide open game tying 3s today, and he's competing against:

Aaron Brooks
Steve Francis
Luther Head
Mike James

and yet he's the one who plays. why?
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:56 PM   #2
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: can someone tell me what makes Alston better than these players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
here's a guy who does absolutely nothing right, and I mean ever, blew 2 wide open game tying 3s today, and he's competing against:

Aaron Brooks
Steve Francis
Luther Head
Mike James

and yet he's the one who plays. why?

He gives Adelman the reach around.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:58 PM   #3
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Seriously though, If Rafer didnt lost his job tonight, I'm gonna stop watching Rockets games.

ok. maybe not. but i will watch in protest.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:59 PM   #4
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

He dies tonight, pleezebelieve!
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:23 AM   #5
applejoe
Decent playground baller

applejoe has an OK reputation so far

Because he's the best at feeding Yao in the post. Whenever Yao gets position, Rafer delivers the ball right into Yao's hand, every time. The guy is very good at being able to dish the ball off the dribble with one hand, probably learned that from his And1 days.
applejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:23 AM   #6
JPR
Banned

JPR has decent reputation

it's obviously because of his ability to play street ball!
JPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:26 AM   #7
Chrono90
Local High School Star

Chrono90 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

i think a better pg is needed for houston to go deep in playoffs
Chrono90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:28 AM   #8
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono90
i think a better pg is needed for houston to go deep in playoffs

Captain obvious to the rescue!
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:32 AM   #9
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Captain obvious to the rescue!
\
Old 11-15-2007, 12:32 AM   #10
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

And1 *****es!

He does do things better than all of those guys. He is easily the best PG of that bunch. His playmaking is better. Defensively he is as good as any of the others. He is also much better at "playing a role" which is what their PG should be doing. James chucks, which is fine when he is hot but if he isn't its a liability. Francis is the most skilled but has no brain function and is prone to trying to flatten the ball by dribbling. It's like he hates the ball and wants it to die. Head is a spot up shooter with no PG skills. He is fine if Tmac and Battier are in to take over that job but if one of those 2 is out it's a weakness that can be exploited. I haven't seen enough of Aaron Brooks but from what I know he is basically a lot like James. He does share a name with a QB you don't want to share a name with. Maybe that's why they don't play him...

Alston is solid, he can't shoot. If you could combine all their PGs you'd have a solid PG. Too bad they are just a bunch of parts really.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:01 AM   #11
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
And1 *****es!

He does do things better than all of those guys. He is easily the best PG of that bunch. His playmaking is better. Defensively he is as good as any of the others. He is also much better at "playing a role" which is what their PG should be doing. James chucks, which is fine when he is hot but if he isn't its a liability. Francis is the most skilled but has no brain function and is prone to trying to flatten the ball by dribbling. It's like he hates the ball and wants it to die. Head is a spot up shooter with no PG skills. He is fine if Tmac and Battier are in to take over that job but if one of those 2 is out it's a weakness that can be exploited. I haven't seen enough of Aaron Brooks but from what I know he is basically a lot like James. He does share a name with a QB you don't want to share a name with. Maybe that's why they don't play him...

Alston is solid, he can't shoot. If you could combine all their PGs you'd have a solid PG. Too bad they are just a bunch of parts really.
good assessment. as the earlier poster said, he is by far the best ball distributor on the team (def at the pg position). didnt see tonight game, but he certainly can be a bonehead. so can james and francis however
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:02 AM   #12
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

The Rockets would be better of with Headache or Shane the dribbling Machine, I've seen them hit jump shots on the regular.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:45 AM   #13
MeatAndPotatoes
I hit open 5-footers

MeatAndPotatoes has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
The Rockets would be better of with Headache or Shane the dribbling Machine, I've seen them hit jump shots on the regular.

You are an idiot if you think Battier is a dribbling machine.

I agree about the Head statement.

Before the playoffs, Francis will start and James will be off the bench. Alston probably won't play much at all. Brooks will be on the court the first time the Rockets are up by 20 points in a game. Francis will be on the court when the time id right. Francis and Adelman are both looking forward to that.
MeatAndPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:50 AM   #14
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatAndPotatoes
You are an idiot if you think Battier is a dribbling machine.

I agree about the Head statement.

Before the playoffs, Francis will start and James will be off the bench. Alston probably won't play much at all. Brooks will be on the court the first time the Rockets are up by 20 points in a game. Francis will be on the court when the time id right. Francis and Adelman are both looking forward to that.
I think you're confused and don't know what I'm talking about.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:52 AM   #15
MeatAndPotatoes
I hit open 5-footers

MeatAndPotatoes has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
I think you're confused and don't know what I'm talking about.

prolly true, wtf were you talkn bout??
MeatAndPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: