Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-15-2007, 01:51 PM   #31
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Sebastian Telfair video. Waste of talent or overrated talent to begin with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Yeah, you clearly have no bias or agenda.

why would i have an agenda against Telfair? I'm completely honest with my evaluation of his game....my beef is with people here prop'iing it up. I would love any of you to put a NBA highlight clip of him giving people at ISH any hope of him having the talent to succeed. I'm willing to bet you cant, which makes me wonder where the hell alot of you get the idea he has all this potential

sure you can go back to high school clips, and that seems to be the basis of people thinking he has game. Every 'good' prospect/rookie/etc. has always shown me something that gives some hope that he can be good in the NBA, with Telfair theres really nothing there. And no way i can believe there is based on what i've seen of his NBA play.

Having bball game is pretty easy to see especially if they've had as much run as Telfair has in the NBA. More than most other sports at least.

Last edited by Smokee : 11-15-2007 at 01:55 PM.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:54 PM   #32
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Sebastian Telfair video. Waste of talent or overrated talent to begin with?

God... your videos are usually good KBlaze but this one was bad. Not the highlights themselves but the music. Why'd you use the cencored version of the song? The real version is much, much better...
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:15 PM   #33
Force
National High School Star

Force has decent reputationForce has decent reputation

Overrated from the start. He doesn't have a jumpshot and never had one.

He would have had much less hype if he wasn't Marburys cousin.
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:29 PM   #34
hito da god
look that way >>>>

hito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected poster

yall seem to be forgetting the fact that he made the jump from high school to NBA as a point guard, which is the hardest position to play in basketball bar none (and this is coming from a 2 guard/3 man, lol). don't get me wrong though, i'm VERY disappointed by his output thus far in the league. skipping college was clearly the wrong decision in terms of developing his game, but at the same time i put his his living situation at the time into perspective i can't blame the kid at all

as i said i'm very dissapointed with bassy so far, but before i completely write him off i'd give him a year or two to show what he can do (at the same time i used to run scrimmages with him so i'm a lil biased, lol). he definitely needs to develop that jump shot if he wants to find any type of success and get to the free throw line a lot more, he has the quickness to get there
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:32 PM   #35
hito da god
look that way >>>>

hito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
why would i have an agenda against Telfair? I'm completely honest with my evaluation of his game....my beef is with people here prop'iing it up. I would love any of you to put a NBA highlight clip of him giving people at ISH any hope of him having the talent to succeed. I'm willing to bet you cant, which makes me wonder where the hell alot of you get the idea he has all this potential

if i remember correctly, there was about a month long stretch in 05 that bassy played very well
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:41 PM   #36
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hito da god
if i remember correctly, there was about a month long stretch in 05 that bassy played very well

well from what i can remember he had free reign of the offense for a time because they were so bad, and he was gunning. I dont think he was eveer consistant there for a month or even close, almost positive of that, and almost positive it was more like he was very erratic from game to game. I do remember one game where he was all over ESPN for blowing up that night for making these lucky-ass running driving shots he tries where they were dropping somehow. But really to me that whole part of his game is just bad, the whole mechanic of that. To me a good PG or someone with any game doesnt regularly shoot that style of shot on drives, they have more moves to get around the long arms of shotblockers. Whether its up and unders, spiins, etc. he has shown me nothing above pathetically average...which doesnt cut it in the NBA imo.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:44 PM   #37
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

He seems to have half the intelligence of Marbury.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:04 PM   #38
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

Definitely overrated to begin with. Why people thought a tiny PG was worthy of a lotto pick never made sense to me. How many stars have there been under six feet? I bet even Iverson's six feet with his shoes on.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:10 PM   #39
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Any clips of his brother? I couldn't find any.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:28 PM   #40
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
look up "Through the Fire" and you might find some of the stuff of them training together. or rent / download it. it's a decent watch. no hoop dreams, but pretty good. king might be able to tell you where to look for game footage.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:33 PM   #41
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I'm not sure who he's running with this year. If I can find it on Google I'll ask my son's god-mother tonight. She used to date Jamel and still speaks to him quite often.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:16 PM   #42
32MJ32
PG, Boonville Jerkoffs

32MJ32 has decent reputation

It's kind of funny he's called overhyped. He broke Kenny Anderson's New York state scoring record. That's cause enough for the hype he recieved coming out of high school.

Overrated is more accurate. It's clear he wasn't worth the 13th pick. I agree with the consensus that he should have gone to college, but he is still young. Expecting a 19-20 year old that weighs 155lbs to come in and outplay grown men is a bit rich, in my opinion. As he moves into his mid-20's, as long as he keeps working hard, I can see him becoming a good starting point guard.

As for not being "above average" at anything he's a terrific passer and lightening quick. I'm with Sakf: whether he can consistently make good decisions will make or break him. If guys like Devin Harris, Juan Barea and Steve Blake, to name a few, can start in the NBA there's no reason Bassy can't.

And Karsten, you are just a terrific person for making this video. I will be watching it when I get home. Heaps.
32MJ32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:30 PM   #43
TheHonestTruth
Banned

TheHonestTruth has no real reputation yet.

Overrated. All NYC point guards are overrated except Tiny Archibald.
TheHonestTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:32 PM   #44
32MJ32
PG, Boonville Jerkoffs

32MJ32 has decent reputation

Mark Jackson is 2nd all-time in assists.

I'm just saying...
32MJ32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:33 PM   #45
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Id say Mark Jackson wasnt and isnt overrated.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: