Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-14-2007, 01:34 PM   #31
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: My allstar votes will make you angry

Nobody likes Hedo Turkoglu?

20 ppg, 6 rpg, 4 apg, 1.5 spg
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:37 PM   #32
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
I view the game as a player would. Put in the guys who are performing the best. Not the second year phenom who is not starting for his team (Kobe Bryant), not the big jackass that misses a bunch of games but returns just in time to claim the center spot (Shaq), and not a 13 points and 8 rebounds PF who now is taking the spot of a 31 and 11 PF.
Good, so vote for the guys that you think should make it. If the majority of fans want to see the best players, that's who will start. It's important that you represent the segment of fans who feel that way; your voice is important and needs to be heard. Go democracy!
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:41 PM   #33
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Good, so vote for the guys that you think should make it. If the majority of fans want to see the best players, that's who will start. It's important that you represent the segment of fans who feel that way; your voice is important and needs to be heard. Go democracy!
Or the NBA could acknowledge what other leagues have which is that fans are incredibly stupid and should not be the lone deciding factor in who starts the game.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:19 PM   #34
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

I'd be ok with letting the fans vote their five favorite players, and then letting the coach of the game start whoever he wants, though I don't see any problems with the current system either.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:22 PM   #35
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

I actually surprised that there are people that still give a damn about the NBA and their All-Star voting.

Does anyone still care about the All-Star game?
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:23 PM   #36
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Patrick27 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I'd be ok with letting the fans vote their five favorite players, and then letting the coach of the game start whoever he wants, though I don't see any problems with the current system either.

It seems like you're assuming that the game has meaning. It doesn't. As a matter of fact, it's only there for fan interest and acknowledgement of the best players in the league. It might as well be held in the offseason.

Edit: Now that I think of it, that works great for the NFL...
Patrick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:26 PM   #37
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick27
It seems like you're assuming that the game has meaning. It doesn't. As a matter of fact, it's only there for fan interest.
Your reading of this thread is that I disagree with that?
Old 11-14-2007, 02:28 PM   #38
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Why else would starters matter to the coaches?
Old 11-14-2007, 03:03 PM   #39
adamcz
Bucks fan

I don't care why or if starters matter to the coaches. I care how you could read through this thread and not pick up on the fact that I view it as an entertaining game for the fans.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:06 PM   #40
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

It is my personal goal to make sure Rafer Alston gets more votes than Devin Harris.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:10 PM   #41
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

It's cool, just that one statement you made seemed to conflict with the tone of your posts. Coaches may care about winning, but I think giving a good show is the priority on all-star weekend.

Other people were suggesting that fans shouldn't get the exclusive permission to vote in all-stars, when the whole event is pretty much only about the fans. It's the one day the fans get to run the asylum, so to speak.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:25 PM   #42
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

who wants to help me vote stromile swift into the game? fatboy?
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:27 PM   #43
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
I'm not going to vote for the best players; just the ones I want to see the most.
Doesn't make ME angry...because I understand that that's what the All-Star game is all about.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:36 PM   #44
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
If only enough fans could band together and vote in some scrub... that would be great.

They tried it in hockey I think and failed.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:43 PM   #45
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
It is my personal goal to make sure Rafer Alston gets more votes than Devin Harris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4

So I got Stromile and Rafer on my ballot along with J Noah.

I'm also going to give Steve Nash's vote to Antoine Walker.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: