Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-14-2007, 12:56 PM   #16
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: My allstar votes will make you angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
haha, why would you rather watch the pacers?

Because the allstar game is a bunch of stupid overpaid gangster wannabes like LeBron James doing silly dunks etc because no one plays defense.

I like the grittier old allstar games. There hasn't been a good all star game since Glen Rice was MVP.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:57 PM   #17
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Sorry, should have explained my view better.

Fan voting being the only deciding factor in determining starters is stupid. The fans voicing who they want to see is fine as a concept.
But when have the fans picked more than 1 or 2 players who the coaches wouldn't have picked?
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:00 PM   #18
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
But when have the fans picked more than 1 or 2 players who the coaches wouldn't have picked?

Yao Ming
Grant Hill
Vince Carter
Steve Francis
Old 11-14-2007, 01:04 PM   #19
Faufner
Serious playground baller

Faufner has an OK reputation so far

I second the motion to vote Antoine Walker into the all-star game. I mean wow, imagine all of the shimmies and transition three-pointers that hit backboard. If that's not entertainment, I don't know what is.
Faufner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:05 PM   #20
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My write in vote will be

ADONAL FOYLE.

I want to see him hit a shot over the backboard IN the all-star game .
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:08 PM   #21
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faufner
I second the motion to vote Antoine Walker into the all-star game. I mean wow, imagine all of the shimmies and transition three-pointers that hit backboard. If that's not entertainment, I don't know what is.

It's a big F-U to Kobe as well ,and I'm always up for that.

Come on guys let's vote for Toine!
Old 11-14-2007, 01:08 PM   #22
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

I'm going to cast thousands of votes for Yi and Yao so everyone here can b!tch about the Chinese voting them in.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:13 PM   #23
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Last season... Shaq shouldn't have been in the game let alone starting, and Steve Nash should have started instead of Tracy McGrady. Also, Shane Battier received more votes than Shawn Marion, Lamar Odom, Josh Howard, Pau Gasol, and Carlos Boozer. In the East Nazr Mohammed received more votes than Eddy Curry, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, and Primoz Brezec.

The vote for starters should be decided by fans, players, and scouts.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:21 PM   #24
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
I think they should both go to hell.

Aaron Brooks is the name.

Haha nice. Brooks needs some court time for sure. Atlanta could have used him. They should have traded Law down to the Rockets to be Sam Cassell v2
Old 11-14-2007, 01:22 PM   #25
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
Haha nice. Brooks needs some court time for sure. Atlanta could have used him. They should have traded Law down to the Rockets to be Sam Cassell v2
Yeah, I'd take either of Rafer and Steve. I wasn't expecting much from Steve anyway. I thought Rafer would surely be traded, but then Adelman started talking him up in the preseason. So much for that.

That position will definitely be our downfall.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:25 PM   #26
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

How does fan voting work? You can't just vote for anyone, I thought you got three choices from each team or something.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:25 PM   #27
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Last season... Shaq shouldn't have been in the game let alone starting, and Steve Nash should have started instead of Tracy McGrady. Also, Shane Battier received more votes than Shawn Marion, Lamar Odom, Josh Howard, Pau Gasol, and Carlos Boozer. In the East Nazr Mohammed received more votes than Eddy Curry, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, and Primoz Brezec.

The vote for starters should be decided by fans, players, and scouts.
You're complaining about the ranking of the runners up, even though it has no bearing on the game? And I think Shaq and TMac would have been selected by coaches for the team anyway. They aren't good examples of players picked by fans who don't belong in the game, though I can see why you'd label Shaq that way.

There are examples of players the fans voted in who wouldn't be there otherwise: Yao, Kobe, Carter, Hardaway, Francis... but it's usually only one or two players a year, and it's also usually great players who are pre or post prime. If that's who the fans want to see, I don't see it as a big problem. I wonder if you guys think some greater good is occuring that is being comprimised.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:29 PM   #28
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
I'm voting for Joakim Noah

He's not even going to make the ballot. I'm probably voting for Arenas, Kidd, Carter, KG, and Howard for the East, and for the West - Deron, McGrady (he has been more MVP like than Bryant), Carmelo, Boozer, and Yao.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:33 PM   #29
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
You're complaining about the ranking of the runners up, even though it has no bearing on the game? And I think Shaq and TMac would have been selected by coaches for the team anyway. They aren't good examples of players picked by fans who don't belong in the game, though I can see why you'd label Shaq that way.

There are examples of players the fans voted in who wouldn't be there otherwise: Yao, Kobe, Carter, Hardaway, Francis... but it's usually only one or two players a year, and it's also usually great players who are pre or post prime. If that's who the fans want to see, I don't see it as a big problem. I wonder if you guys think some greater good is occuring that is being comprimised.
I view the game as a player would. Put in the guys who are performing the best. Not the second year phenom who is not starting for his team (Kobe Bryant), not the big jackass that misses a bunch of games but returns just in time to claim the center spot (Shaq), and not a 13 points and 8 rebounds PF who now is taking the spot of a 31 and 11 PF.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:34 PM   #30
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'll vote for all Raptors in the East and whoever I like in the West and I don't give a damn. The system allows me to do what I want with this so I will.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: