Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-14-2007, 12:37 PM   #1
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool
Default My allstar votes will make you angry

I'm not going to vote for the best players; just the ones I want to see the most. It's an exhibition game, and one of the most fun weekends of my year.

Gilbert Arenas and Shaq have been horrible this year, but they are funny and if voted in, will come up with some anticts to justify their selection.

If you don't vote Shaq in, Dwight Howard will get the start, and somebody horrible like Curry or Bogut will be the reserve. If you do vote Shaq in, he will play 15 minutes and tell lots of jokes, and Howard will still be the reserve.

I will write in a vote for Yi Jian Lian because it's funny to hear complaints about him.

My other guard vote is Jason Kidd, because he's #1, and because he will make everyone else fun to watch. For forwards... I guess it doesn't matter who I vote for because Lebron and KG already won that.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:40 PM   #2
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: My allstar votes will make you angry

I thought we were going to try and vote some scrub in this year?
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:41 PM   #3
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm voting for Joakim Noah
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:41 PM   #4
InfamousDX
Serious playground baller

InfamousDX has decent reputation

Howard to start and Bosh should qualify as the C reserve :)

If they put dirk as a C one time to fit him in the West, they won't let Fatty Eddy get a reserve C slot
InfamousDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:44 PM   #5
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
I'm voting for Joakim Noah
I think everyone at ISH should agree to give Kevin Garnett's spot to Joakim Noah. Likely wouldn't be enough vote to make a difference but maybe it will show the powers that be how stupid fan voting is.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:44 PM   #6
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Antoine Walker can be voted on as a Western guard.

What do ya' say guys? Let's vote Toine as the scrub.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:44 PM   #7
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If I ever bother to vote for the ASG, I won't vote for Shaq or Arenas barring a major turnaround. It's not just that I don't think they're the best at their positions (although that's a part of it), but I also don't want to watch them. Not the way that they're presently playing. There are few things less entertaining than watching a chucker play when he's off, and one of them just might be a big, slow center that can't jump. Dwight Howard and Ray Allen would make for a much better game in their spots. And there are more exciting, athletic forwards and centers that could/should take O'Neal's potential reserve spot.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:45 PM   #8
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
I think everyone at ISH should agree to give Kevin Garnett's spot to Joakim Noah. Likely wouldn't be enough vote to make a difference but maybe it will show the powers that be how stupid fan voting is.

I don't care who plays i nthe allstar game, I'd rather watch the Pacers play. We could all just vote for the Pacers.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:46 PM   #9
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
I'm not going to vote for the best players; just the ones I want to see the most. It's an exhibition game, and one of the most fun weekends of my year.

Gilbert Arenas and Shaq have been horrible this year, but they are funny and if voted in, will come up with some anticts to justify their selection.

If you don't vote Shaq in, Dwight Howard will get the start, and somebody horrible like Curry or Bogut will be the reserve. If you do vote Shaq in, he will play 15 minutes and tell lots of jokes, and Howard will still be the reserve.

I will write in a vote for Yi Jian Lian because it's funny to hear complaints about him.

My other guard vote is Jason Kidd, because he's #1, and because he will make everyone else fun to watch. For forwards... I guess it doesn't matter who I vote for because Lebron and KG already won that.

what a homer
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:46 PM   #10
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I don't care who plays i nthe allstar game, I'd rather watch the Pacers play. We could all just vote for the Pacers.
haha, why would you rather watch the pacers?
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:47 PM   #11
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Fan voting isn't stupid. It almost always provides 3 or 4 of the best players, plus 1 or 2 guys the fans want to see. On a 12 man roster, you've got 10 guys who are the best of the best, and 2 fan favorites. The game is fun.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:48 PM   #12
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
what a homer
A homer of what?
Old 11-14-2007, 12:50 PM   #13
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
They should have write in spots for ever postion. We could do a Pacers Vs. Twolves.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:53 PM   #14
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Fan voting isn't stupid. It almost always provides 3 or 4 of the best players, plus 1 or 2 guys the fans want to see. On a 12 man roster, you've got 10 guys who are the best of the best, and 2 fan favorites. The game is fun.
Sorry, should have explained my view better.

Fan voting being the only deciding factor in determining starters is stupid. The fans voicing who they want to see is fine as a concept.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:53 PM   #15
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
They should have write in spots for ever postion. We could do a Pacers Vs. Twolves.

That shit would be too funny.

Let's just pick like two teams and make the AS game just a typical regular season game. Lmao.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: