Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-14-2007, 03:01 PM   #16
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Is this the worst NBA article written in the history of Journalism?

Simmons has been living inside KD's jock since the beginning of time. Big news.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:02 PM   #17
John Starks
National High School Star

John Starks has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ya, Dig
Is this the worst NBA article written in the history of Journalism?

Not as long as Jemele Hill is around
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 04:36 PM   #18
PK3434
Good Golly!

PK3434 has an OK reputation so far

Simmons is basically a comedian. He loves sports, especially the NBA, but he overstates everything. Read his new NBA preview....He absolutely sh*ts on the Bobcats, who I think are going to be decent. He calls Okafor an "unproductive player" and claims that Jared Dudly is a more valuable player than Gerald Wallace and Matt Carroll combined...He is fun to read, but don't believe him.
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 04:44 PM   #19
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
We'll see 20 more Odens before we see another Durant.
LMAO
Ok
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 04:48 PM   #20
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Im not sure exactly which it is...but im sure the worst NBA article was written by Jason Whitlock.

i'll go with something written by Sam Smith or Peter Vescay
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:03 PM   #21
Shogon Vendetta
Decent playground baller

Shogon Vendetta has an OK reputation so far

Shaq was the "surest thing" to come into the league since Jordan, and if anyone else thinks otherwise, they're a ****ing idiot.

And saying that Kevin Durant is more of a sure thing than Shaquille O'Neal was before he entered the league is damn near stupid enough to make me want to hang that person.

Forget about SINCE Jordan... Shaq was probably the most "sure thing" to ever be drafted PERIOD.

**** Bill Simmons hyperbole.
Shogon Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:04 PM   #22
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
i'll go with something written by Sam Smith or Peter Vescay

Once, I wanted to write an e-mail to Peter Vescey to tell him what an idiot he was for writing something about the Knicks (I forgot what it was). I decided it wasn't worth it. I'm sure he knows himself what a retard he is. He has to.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 06:28 PM   #23
32MJ32
PG, Boonville Jerkoffs

32MJ32 has decent reputation

While we're bashing Simmons, he did a pretty good job of making a dick of himself in today's part of the preview, too:

Quote:
Of course, only one thing could ignite Shaq's career at this point: The Lakers appeasing Kobe by making a panic offer for Shaq (Andrew Bynum, Vlad Radmanovic and Kwame Brown's expiring contract), followed by Shaq and Kobe joining forces again on a suddenly intriguing Lakers team

Move Bynum, who's arguably better than Shaq (currently, of course. We're comparing 2007 Bynum to 2007 Shaq, not 1997 Shaq) and is 15 years younger.. and this improves the team.. how?

We eat Shaq's contract while he fades into retirement and Bynum enters his prime, which may only put him on the level of someone like Eddy Curry, but I'd much rather a 23 year old Eddy Curry-clone than a 37 year old Shaq at 20 mil a season. Honestly, how in God's name is that a good trade for the Lakers? And how does it even make sense? Shaq goes back to the team that wouldn't give him a fat contract extension with a fat contract extension and in the process we lose our only good prospect, all on the premise it would make a good story.

Solid argument there.

I <3 Simmons, I really do. I own his book. I read everything he writes. SportsGuy's World is my homepage, actually.. but he's been writing some wacked stuff recently.
32MJ32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:01 PM   #24
Suns4Life
Hey-OOOOOOOOO

Suns4Life has decent reputation

Oh My God Bill Simmons Holds Bias? Someone Inform The Authoritys
Suns4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:08 PM   #25
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Simmons is actually a pretty good writer. I don't agree with a lot of what he says, but the guy can flat out write.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:12 PM   #26
Suns4Life
Hey-OOOOOOOOO

Suns4Life has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Simmons is actually a pretty good writer. I don't agree with a lot of what he says, but the guy can flat out write.
Agreed, you have to take it for what it is. He isn't meant to be a serious writer. Its like the OP read his articles for the first time and didn't know they came from Page 2 on ESPN
Suns4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:12 PM   #27
steve

steve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat cool

Simmons is on some planet now that no fan who roots only for teams in a single city should ever be on, it's just not possible. Combining that with a kid, I think his head is mush right now.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:00 PM   #28
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Let's see, Durant is what 19 years old? Already averaging 20 points a game? Seems pretty damn good to me....

How good will he be when he's 25? Probably a top 5 player....
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:18 PM   #29
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBunghole
So, it took you 5 months to think of the comments about this article?

HAHAHA no kidding, i remember reading this on a plane in like July
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: