Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-13-2007, 05:58 AM   #1
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board
Default MJ's divorce may cost him 168 million dollars.

Quote:
Divorce dunks Michael Jordan for £80m - John Harlow, Los Angeles

As A basketball superstar, Michael Jordan was always in a league of his own. Now he is setting a record with his divorce as he prepares to pay his former wife an unprecedented settlement of more than $168m (£80m).

Last December, when Jordan, 44, and his wife Juanita, 48, split up, the athlete balked at signing the settlement. Insiders claim that negotiations have added £20m to the final deal.

The final severance package for Juanita Jordan, which includes the couple’s seven-acre estate in Chicago and custody of their three children, is expected to be agreed before the first anniversary of their last row – which was said to be about money.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2848249.ece
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 06:00 AM   #2
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: MJ's divorce may cost him 168 million dollars.

Damn. Must be nice to just live in luxury until such time you decide you want a ton of cash and be on your own.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 06:16 AM   #3
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Damn. Must be nice to just live in luxury until such time you decide you want a ton of cash and be on your own.

The divorce laws in this country are ridiculous.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:18 AM   #4
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker is considered somewhat coolAussie Dunker is considered somewhat cool

so MJ has to give his pocket change away to his wife, fair enough...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:57 AM   #5
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

She deserves a couple million and that's it. That is plenty to survive on and it just inspires other woman out there to be gold diggers.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:08 AM   #6
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here

Variety of P*ssy > Money

He made the right move... His children should be old enough now to understand.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:31 AM   #7
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just don't get the law in this respect.

Someone explain to me why getting 170 million for being MJ's ex is fair?
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:33 AM   #8
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
I just don't get the law in this respect.

Someone explain to me why getting 170 million for being MJ's ex is fair?

Me either.
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:34 AM   #9
InfamousDX
Serious playground baller

InfamousDX has decent reputation

Who cares if it's fair... it's the law, fair or not. It's MJ's fault (and his lawyer's) for not drawing up a pre-nupt.
InfamousDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:36 AM   #10
Phenomenon
Ball Above All

Phenomenon has an OK reputation so far

How do ask your wife to be for a prenup?
I mean you might as well slap her in the face and tell her you don't trust her, when people are in love they rarely think about those decisions.
Phenomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:39 AM   #11
InfamousDX
Serious playground baller

InfamousDX has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenon
I mean you might as well slap her in the face and tell her you don't trust her, when people are in love they rarely think about those decisions.
I suppose... but you'd think he'd get better advice from his legal counsel or agent or whoever. Rich, famous people should get prenupts....
InfamousDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:06 PM   #12
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenon

I have to agree, my girlfriend has some cash, I would be a little offended if her cash meant more than I do.
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:29 PM   #13
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
Variety of P*ssy > Money

He made the right move... His children should be old enough now to understand.

168 million dollars... no.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:55 PM   #14
jchu
I hit open layups

jchu has an OK reputation so far

man.. my heart... is aching... 168 million... ahhhhh
jchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:57 PM   #15
Make It Rain
Banned

Make It Rain has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousDX
I suppose... but you'd think he'd get better advice from his legal counsel or agent or whoever. Rich, famous people should get prenupts....
Well he wasn't really that rich when he married her. Back when Jordan was a rookie NBA salaries were crap compared to now.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: