Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-10-2007, 06:53 PM   #31
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Throw me the top 10 players in the NBA (I have a migraine)

Why does everyone forget Allen Iverson? He's still easily one of the best players in the universe. In fact, his decision making has gotten better each and every year. So even while he slows down some what, he's become a smarter basketball player. He's better than Steve Nash, that's for damn sure. And he's been better for a longer stretch.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 06:53 PM   #32
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Delete this post man. Its one of your really bad ones.

If Lebron James average less than 20 PPG although he average a far greater number in his rebounding and assist per game. He would not be included in the discussion for the Top 10 Players in the NBA because one of the main reason is he is playing for the Cleveland Cavaliers, and he was dubbed as the face of the NBA which means he must be producing better numbers in the regular season because of the Hype that surrounded his NBA Career.

Timothy Duncan can only average 16.5 PPG, 9.8 RPG, 2.1 BPG this season, and casual fans will still rank him as one of the best player in the league.

I mean come on even a 38 yrs.old Kareem Abdul Jabbar is more efficient and productive than Tim Duncan in the last 3 years of his NBA Career.

Double Standard he is no longer one of the most productive bigmen in the NBA, and Please Open your eyes he is no longer the elite player that has been dominating in the regular season.

San Antonio Spurs can be a better team with or without Tim Duncan.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 11-10-2007 at 06:58 PM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 06:54 PM   #33
pj24lal

pj24lal has an OK reputation so far

1) Kobe Bryant
2) LeBron James
3) Tim Duncan
4) Kevin Garnett
5) Steve Nash
6) Dwyane Wade
7) Tracy McGrady
8) Jason Kidd
9) Allen Iverson (Yeah I said it)
10) Yao Ming
pj24lal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 06:56 PM   #34
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
He's better than Steve Nash, that's for damn sure. And he's been better for a longer stretch.

"for damn sure"

I question that. Personally I'd rather have Nash - he's way more efficient on offense and a better passer.

Both aren't stopping anyone of defense in an iso.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 06:56 PM   #35
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

There is no shame in having Iverson on your list. In fact, he belongs there over quite a few players who really have just come on within recent years. Iverson has been the anchor and best player on his ball club since he's joined the Association. That man deserves his respect. Yet still everyone hates his ass for being different.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:57 PM   #36
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

eeeeeebro has decent reputationeeeeeebro has decent reputation

1.Tim duncan
2.KG
3.Kobe
4.Lebron
5.Mgrady
6.Yao
7.Josh Smith
8.Dwight howard
9.Nash
i dont see a clear 10 so its gonna be a bull =) ben gordon hasnt scored less than 20 points a game and is averaging 6 rebounds.
oh wait 10 = Boozer hes been a beast 20+ 10+
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 07:00 PM   #37
pj24lal

pj24lal has an OK reputation so far

I agree that there is no reason to hate on AI when he is still one of the toughest and quickest players in the league, he has every aspect to his game that a player of his size should have, and he has them all nailed. Why no love for an awesomely skilled player like Iverson, when there's people putting Dirk so high, who is nothing more than "mediocre-good" in pretty much all aspects other than shooting??
pj24lal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 07:00 PM   #38
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Double Standard he is no longer one of the most productive bigmen in the NBA, and Please Open your eyes he is no longer the elite player that has been dominating in the regular season.

You don't know what you're talking about. For quite some time now he's not been a regular season player; he cranks it up in the playoffs.

When Duncan' team fails to win 55 games or gets booted out of the first round while not playing up to his standards then we can talk.

Until then.....
Old 11-10-2007, 07:04 PM   #39
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
"for damn sure"

I question that. Personally I'd rather have Nash - he's way more efficient on offense and a better passer.

Both aren't stopping anyone of defense in an iso.
Yes, "for damn sure" ... Iverson's been known as one of the elite players in this league for longer than Nash's 15 minutes of fame. He's taken his team further then Nash has ever taken his ... and through out his career Iverson's constantly had to work with WAY less than what Nash has had as weapons next to him.

Actually, Iverson's a pretty good defender. And he's always a league leader in steals. He's a better defender than Nash. The fact that you can't even conceed that shows your bias. Nash is more effecient, but at what cost? Iverson can dominate at a level Nash can never. Iverson can do it on defense. He can do it by scoring, dishing, etc.

His m.o. wasn't the same as Nash, so his purpose was usually to be the leading scorer on his team due to a severe lack in offensive talents surrounding him. Iverson may have not always had the best FG%, but don't get it twisted, Nash would have a similar shooting percentage if he was asked to be his team's leading scorer ... w/ defenses being formated to stop a 6'0, 175 lb and under shooting guard ...

Yes, Iverson has ALWAYS been a superior player to Steve Nash. Unless you buy stock in hype and new trends.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:14 PM   #40
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Here's the Absolute!

Top 10 NBA Players

Kobe
Duncan
KG
Wade
Lebron
Nash
Yao
Brand
Dirk
Kidd

Tmac
Melo
Marion
Dwight Howard
Deron Williams
Josh Smith
Gerald Wallace
AI
Arenas
CP3
David West
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 07:15 PM   #41
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
You don't know what you're talking about. For quite some time now he's not been a regular season player; he cranks it up in the playoffs.

When Duncan' team fails to win 55 games or gets booted out of the first round while not playing up to his standards then we can talk.

Until then.....

You can also acknowledge the fact that Duncan's Team is one of the best team in the NBA, and he is surrounded by players that can win in the international competition.

My I ask you a question if you take Duncan out of the Spurs, and take Lebron James out of the Cavaliers roster?

Which team will advance into the playoffs?? and which NBA players is greatly needed by his team???

The Answer is quite simple, and you be the one to judge. :)
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 07:18 PM   #42
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

I'm not going to argue against Duncan having the better cast.

However to discredit Duncan for that reason is worthless to me and won't get you anywhere in this argument. Supporting casts don't win you championships.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:25 PM   #43
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Rameek your list is simply atrocious ...
Old 11-10-2007, 11:26 PM   #44
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I ask cuz i wanted to see if people ranked KG higher than they originally did.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44697

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44726

Man, you should have held off on saying this until you got a few more responses. I wasn't aware this was why you asked, but it was the first thing I looked at... we once had a huge debate as to whether Garnett was still a top 5 player in the league with a number of people saying no. Most people would say yes now... I wonder what's changed...

Last edited by MaxFly : 11-10-2007 at 11:29 PM.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 12:00 AM   #45
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Cant think straight. Thanks
Damn thats kinda hard, the top 10, there are alot who should deserve to be in the top 10, but if I had to name the top 10 players, i'd go with these:

1. Kobe
2.Lebron
3.Nash
4.Arenas
5.D-Wade
6.Carmelo
7.KG
8.T-Mac
9.Yao
10.Dirk
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: