Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-08-2007, 11:43 AM   #1
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Nash undisputed best PG? Suns only playing 7 players

Are we at the point where we can say Nash is the undisputed best point guard in the league? A lot of people point to the system and the players around him for his success, but that's just a way to discredit him to make their favorite player (most likely Kidd) look better in the hypothetical situation.

I don't think hes the best offensive point guard ever when we talk about mismatches and different ways to score the basketball. He just might be the most efficient offensive point guard, though, in his prime. It's at least arguable.

Onto the Suns.

They are seven players deep. I don't count Banks and Skinner as legit players off the bench. Not in the playoffs. That scares me if I'm a Suns fan. You best hope the injury bug misses your team completely.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:01 PM   #2
SRZ66
Local High School Star

SRZ66 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Nash/Suns

nash could lead the league in scoring if he wanted to. suns do have a thin bench, they are gonna have to develop some serious chemestry and stay healthy if they plan on winning it this year
SRZ66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:02 PM   #3
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

I don't think we can say "undisputed," no. Kidd amazes me too much when I watch him to give Nash the clear nod. There are solid arguments for both.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:05 PM   #4
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Are we at the point where we can say Nash is the undisputed best point guard in the league? A lot of people point to the system and the players around him for his success, but that's just a way to discredit him to make their favorite player (most likely Kidd) look better in the hypothetical situation.

I don't think hes the best offensive point guard ever when we talk about mismatches and different ways to score the basketball. He just might be the most efficient offensive point guard, though, in his prime. It's at least arguable.

Onto the Suns.

They are seven players deep. I don't count Banks and Skinner as legit players off the bench. Not in the playoffs. That scares me if I'm a Suns fan. You best hope the injury bug misses your team completely.
Grant Hill said that he thinks Nash could challenge for the league scoring title if that was his focus. I'm always amazed when I watch him play without Amare, because he has to become more of a scorer. That's when you really get to see how good of an offensive player he is. He's the one that takes over games, and gets the big hoops. When you see him set up others for those chances all the time, it catches you by surprise.

As for the Suns, the injury bug has already hit (Amare). That might be something they have to deal with all year. 8 deep is probably as far as D'Antoni will go this year, with the 8th man not getting many minutes. Some games you'll see 9 with either Marks or Skinner in there until Amare comes back.

They haven't really meshed yet. Seems like they can't get their full team together for any long period of time. Amare was out most of training camp, Barbosa was out for a couple weeks, Boris has been in and out with bad ankles, and Raja as well with ankle tendinitis. It might take them a while to get going.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:09 PM   #5
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
I don't think we can say "undisputed," no. Kidd amazes me too much when I watch him to give Nash the clear nod. There are solid arguments for both.

Why do you feel like Kidd has a solid argument for being the best point in the league?
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:10 PM   #6
CySniper
Banned

CySniper has decent reputation
Default Re: Nash undisputed best PG? Suns only playing 7 players

No, allen iverson is much better.
CySniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:10 PM   #7
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Agreed.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:11 PM   #8
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Why do you feel like Kidd has a solid argument for being the best point in the league?
Because I've seen him play and watched the effect he has on other players. Not just the Nets. He played some serious ball for the FIBA tournament, too.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:17 PM   #9
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Because I've seen him play and watched the effect he has on other players. Not just the Nets. He played some serious ball for the FIBA tournament, too.
Kidd makes an impact on the defensive end of the floor. They can stick him on the other team's best guard, and he can hold his own, whereas the Suns sometimes have to hide Nash on SF's like Bowen who don't look to score.

Kidd has just as good of vision as Nash. In a more uptempo style, his assists per game would rise. Nash is by far the more complete offensive player when you factor in how he can shoot and finish.

I've had the pleasure of watching both PG's over the years. Right now I would say Nash is the better PG, but it's not by leaps and bounds by any means.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: