Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-08-2007, 11:28 AM   #16
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: so ATL beat dallas and phx this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Cedric
What the hell are you talking about? He's one of the nicest guys in the league. Management also agreed with him. Yet you hate him?

well i dont see whats so wrong with his current team. That squad right now is solid from top to bottom, and even has nice bench depth. And this 'nice guy' is crying about management/team...management did a good job. He's in a better situation than Kobe is. Management seemed to only have agreed with him in the point that they promised to get him some FA stars when he signed or said something to that effect, but they didnt say anything about how the current team needs that FA star. Everytime i've watched the Hawks this year JJ has been a gun taking stupid shots but hey, thats his game.

I guess every 'star' expects to be in a Garnett/Allen/Pierce fantasy team situation where they expect stacked decks to win championships than actually fighting as an underdog to be the best they can, and maybe changing the perception of the organization. I have a BIG BIG problem with these type of stars today that expect championship caliber teams handed to them on a FA platter, who dont have the patience for developing a team from the inside up. Theres just something wrong to me about this and cheapens the whole idea of winning championships when stars being paid 1/4 to 1/2 a teams payroll cry about management not giving them an allstar team to win a championship with...it would've been the same if the Lakers won that year with Malone or the Celtics win this year with KG/Pierce/Allen. Grats to the GM's but i really dont feel its the same as past teams who really earned it by playing hard with what they had.

And the thing that gets me most about it is its been a recent expectation from stars today, i cant remember Barkley, MJ, etc, etc. crying to the organziation about not surrounding them with stars.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:43 AM   #17
BballFan422
Decent playground baller

BballFan422 has an OK reputation so far

The PNX "run and gun" style suits Atlanta very well. Most young teams would love to play that way every night.

When you play that style, it's just a matter of who's the hotter team.
BballFan422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:56 AM   #18
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

It really doesn't surprise me that they beat Dallas and Phoenix.

The Hawks are a tough matchup for the Suns IMO. They have a lot of talented and athletic guys around the 6'8 range that can run with the Suns. They can kill the Suns on the boards, and fortuately for the Hawks yesterday, the Suns shot the ball poorly, and the Suns didn't get many second chance points. On the other end it was the opposite. ATL shot pretty well, and when they did miss, they got the rebound and got second chance points.

As far as the Mavs, I'm not surprised there either. It's a matchup similar to that of GS for the Mavs. The difference is that the Hawks don't run as much. They have those 6'8 guys that are tough for them to match up with.

I think the Hawks could be much impoved this year. Playoffs are a possibility for them. I wish they'd suck so we could get their pick in the early lottery, but it doesn't look good.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:56 AM   #19
Jake the flake
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Jake the flake has an OK reputation so far

Atlanta is no longer a crappy team, I was just writing the other day about how they were a sleeper in the East. It was very unexpected for them to beat Dallas and Phoenix, but they have gotten much better this year. They play a very fast paced game, a lot like Phoenix.
Jake the flake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:05 PM   #20
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Quote:
and fortuately for the Hawks yesterday, the Suns shot the ball poorly,

Our best player was 3-17 from the field and Nash was 7-10 from 3, 12-19 overall. But he was able to get his own shot, the other guys couldn't. And Nash wasn't able to set them up for easy looks that they usually get.

We just dominated the boards which was the main story of the game.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:09 PM   #21
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
Our best player was 3-17 from the field and Nash was 7-10 from 3, 12-19 overall. But he was able to get his own shot, the other guys couldn't. And Nash wasn't able to set them up for easy looks that they usually get.

Marvin Williams more than made up for JJ's struggles. Nash was the only one who could shoot for the Suns yesterday.

They got a ton of open looks IMO. Barbosa missed wide open shots, Raja's shot has been off so far. He missed a ton it seemed. Grant's shot was off, but he had good looks.

They had to rely on the jumpshot, and the Hawks did a good job of taking away the paint.

Last edited by Rab : 11-08-2007 at 12:12 PM.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:09 PM   #22
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxSuperStar
I actually like Horford and Law better. Law doesn't do too much, but Horford should be starting.

Horford has started every game.

Speedy isn't a great player but he is a very good defender and we have gotten abused by opposing pgs in every game so far.

Speedy doesn't do much offensively but our pgs were 2-15 against NJ with 3 assists and 6 turnovers. I think Speedy would have made a big impact in that game.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:10 PM   #23
BballFan422
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
Phx is killing me with this no Amare crap. They went to the WCF without Amare. Besides, we were playing without our starting center in Zaza and our starting pg Speedy Claxton.

That year, even though Diaw got most of the credit, PNX also had Tim and Kurt Thomas to add some size down low.

Not making excuses for PNX because
1. I really don't care about them.
2. I don't think they need it.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:25 PM   #24
BballFan422
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
well i dont see whats so wrong with his current team. That squad right now is solid from top to bottom, and even has nice bench depth. And this 'nice guy' is crying about management/team...management did a good job. He's in a better situation than Kobe is. Management seemed to only have agreed with him in the point that they promised to get him some FA stars when he signed or said something to that effect, but they didnt say anything about how the current team needs that FA star. Everytime i've watched the Hawks this year JJ has been a gun taking stupid shots but hey, thats his game.

I guess every 'star' expects to be in a Garnett/Allen/Pierce fantasy team situation where they expect stacked decks to win championships than actually fighting as an underdog to be the best they can, and maybe changing the perception of the organization. I have a BIG BIG problem with these type of stars today that expect championship caliber teams handed to them on a FA platter, who dont have the patience for developing a team from the inside up. Theres just something wrong to me about this and cheapens the whole idea of winning championships when stars being paid 1/4 to 1/2 a teams payroll cry about management not giving them an allstar team to win a championship with...it would've been the same if the Lakers won that year with Malone or the Celtics win this year with KG/Pierce/Allen. Grats to the GM's but i really dont feel its the same as past teams who really earned it by playing hard with what they had.

And the thing that gets me most about it is its been a recent expectation from stars today, i cant remember Barkley, MJ, etc, etc. crying to the organziation about not surrounding them with stars.

I think his gripe has less to do with the talent around him than it does the experience/consistency around him.

I don't know what the organization promised him but, if they are not delivering, he has every right to complain. Imagine going to a company that promises you a Salary/benefits package that they don't deliver and you not having the freedom to walk away.

Personally, I would take Kobe's situation over JJs anyday. Odom, Walton, Fisher, Bynum, Turiaf, Rad., Vujacic....

But, I do have a problem with these guys (team leaders especially) always crying about the players around them. How do they think that effects the guy who's in the battle with them?

MJ didn't need to complain about his cast and Barkley did complain about his.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:08 PM   #25
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxSuperStar
Out of the five years that I've been closely following this Phoenix team, I'd have to say it is one of the weakest. They have little interior size and consequently are getting hammered on the boards.

Yes, Amare is out, but this knee injury just isn't going to go away after a few days rest. He is going to plauged throughout the year IMO, and Diaw isn't a inside presence and is a poor rebounder in his place.
hmmn, what about the season where diaw played center most of the year. I guess they had KT in the rotation though

oh yeah they picked up tt halfway through as well. forgot about that.

Last edited by boozehound : 11-08-2007 at 01:12 PM.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:10 PM   #26
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
yeah they did, that was insane. it was like an on night for okur, boozer and milsap and ak. 4 guys with 10+ boards? you know your playing the suns when there are that many shots put up.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:11 PM   #27
snipes12
Dirk Madness

snipes12 has not been impressing people

Hawks 07-08 = warriors 06-07
snipes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:27 PM   #28
bomber
Good college starter

bomber has decent reputationbomber has decent reputation

They always look good early on.

In regard to JJ he would fit nice with a super athletic 4-5, a versatile 3-4 who can defend multiple positions, a great PG and... wait a minute...
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:31 PM   #29
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

If the Hawks continue to bring their best effort every night and continue to sneak up on teams, they will make the playoffs this year. Joe Johnson should shut up until they start sucking again. Right now they're doing good.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:32 PM   #30
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
what does this say about the supposed superiority of the west? One of the weaker east teams (IK IK too early to tell) came in and took both games from 2 of the top 4-6 teams in the west. It has been argued here (as well as in the media) than any of the top 6 teams in the west would dominate the east (even Utah ). So why did a crappy east team come in and beat 2 of those teams? Anybody got any good ideas besides "it was only one game they couldnt do it in a series"?
u mean playoff caliber team... hawks will not finish lower than 10th in the east... they are actually good
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: