Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-08-2007, 01:17 PM   #16
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Clippers praise

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
you're joking...?

I might just be recalling it wrong, but I forgot where I read or heard that he is way ahead of schedule and is putting an hour or two extra a day to work on his knee and make it stronger. Also heard that he's been knocking down jumpers and bench pressing, which is good news.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:07 PM   #17
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Charlie Sheen has decent reputationCharlie Sheen has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
Clips are fun to watch. They've been shooting lights out. I dont get why Dunleavy thinks Brevin is better than Cassell when he doesnt do anything but make the easy pass. His D hasnt been that much better. He cant score nearly as well or doesnt play like the smart vet Cassell is. Cassell just looks completely in control of whoevers guarding him, like hes confident hes a better player and his postup game on point guards has to be one of the tops in the league as far as pg's go.

Cassell might be 38 but he can still play as well as he did at any point in his career. Dunleavy until last night wasnt playing Cassell at the end of games and only playing him about 20 minutes, while Cassell was telling the media that wasnt enough, and how he wanted to be in at the end of games. Anyways guess Cassell showed Dunleavy last night...

You must not watch the Clippers very much. The disaster last season can be attributed to poor pg play (see: jason hart, daniel ewing). It is high priority to keep Cassell healthy, so it makes sense not to run him out there for big minutes against the up-tempo squads like seattle and gsw.

In the absence of Livingston, Brevin Knight is a solid addition to the ballclub. Sure, it would be splendid if Brevin could knock down a few more shots, but he's never been a consistent shooter anyway. As long as he continues to put other players in a position to succeed on offense, his scoring will hardly become an issue.

It is also no coincidence that Kaman is playing better in the absence of Brand. There's more room for him to operate on offense bc Tim Thomas will seldom step inside the 3pt line on offense. The inflated defensive rebound numbers are due to the fact that he's played poor rebounding teams who play at a faster pace taking more shots. (exception: chicago)

As long as the clippers can keep their pg tandem relatively healthy they should be able to compete for a playoff spot in the western conference.

side note: Mobley's spectacular shooting doesn't hurt one bit either.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:47 PM   #18
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
You must not watch the Clippers very much. The disaster last season can be attributed to poor pg play (see: jason hart, daniel ewing). It is high priority to keep Cassell healthy, so it makes sense not to run him out there for big minutes against the up-tempo squads like seattle and gsw.

In the absence of Livingston, Brevin Knight is a solid addition to the ballclub. Sure, it would be splendid if Brevin could knock down a few more shots, but he's never been a consistent shooter anyway. As long as he continues to put other players in a position to succeed on offense, his scoring will hardly become an issue.

It is also no coincidence that Kaman is playing better in the absence of Brand. There's more room for him to operate on offense bc Tim Thomas will seldom step inside the 3pt line on offense. The inflated defensive rebound numbers are due to the fact that he's played poor rebounding teams who play at a faster pace taking more shots. (exception: chicago)

As long as the clippers can keep their pg tandem relatively healthy they should be able to compete for a playoff spot in the western conference.

side note: Mobley's spectacular shooting doesn't hurt one bit either.

actually i have watched them some this year. Not full games but a decent portion of parts of them. I'm sorry but any scrubb could've done what Breven has done so far. He doesnt really even create, he just passes it for someone else to do everything. He gets alot of stupid fouls too, then goes nuts like he didnt do anything EVERYTIME. He's got to be one of the most annoying players to have on a team you like just by the way he acts.
Hes got a really bad little mans complex too.

Cassell was hurt alot of last year and while you can think its his age, i dont think it is. He WANTS to play more, he WANTS to be in at the end of games more than anything, Dunleavy hasnt done it until last night where he was forced to. Cassell wasnt in at the end of the games their last 2 games and the scores were alot closer than last night. And what happens? Cassell blows up for 35 or something and makes some crucial baskets down the stretch to maintain that lead. He was competely schooling whatshisname just posting him up down the floor.

I think Cassell could play 30 mins a game this year and be fine. Sure a fluke injury can happen but that can happen to anyone despite playing time, and Cassell has a history of being injured not related to his age. I just think Dunleavy is underestimating Cassell due to his age, while Cassell is pushing for more playing time, especially at the end of games.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:45 PM   #19
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Charlie Sheen has decent reputationCharlie Sheen has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
actually i have watched them some this year. Not full games but a decent portion of parts of them. I'm sorry but any scrubb could've done what Breven has done so far.

Perhaps, if you followed the Clippers last season, you would have a greater appreciation for Brevin Knight.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:56 PM   #20
ShawnieMac06
High School Varsity 6th Man

ShawnieMac06 has an OK reputation so far

I'm really loving how the Clips have been playing. To me, Kaman is the MVP of this team...without his rebounding and his scoring late in game, this team wouldn't be nowhere as good. However, of course, there's still plently of season, and looking at the Clippers' schedule post All-Star break, it's damn tough and road-heavy. But January will probably be their easier month, as they have 13 games--10 at home, 3 on the road (Utah, Sacramento, Memphis). As long as Dunleavy continues to let these guys play and not micro-manage like he'll tend to do, they'll be fine. Getting Brand and Livingston by the All-Star break can be nothing but welcomed additions, and let these guys work themselves back into the rotation without disrupting the chemistry.

As with any team, especially THIS team, staying healthy is the key here. You already Mobley hurt, and maybe out for a week (meaning he should back for the home game versus New York on November 14). They'll miss his scoring, but Maggette, Thomas, and Thorton could pick up more of the slack there.
ShawnieMac06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:34 PM   #21
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Last I heard is that Livingston is poised for a return a week or two after the all-star break.

That's good to hear, I've really been hoping for the kid to get healthy. His potential is still nightmarish.

He's no Magic, but any basketball fan should love the idea of a 6'7 kid with fantastic point guard skills who could probably turn out to a great scorer on top of that, not to mention the long arms and quicks to be a solid defender.

Cassel should really stick around after he's done and continue to work with Livingston.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:36 PM   #22
Eldrunko247
Good college starter

Eldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat cool

Nice to see Sean making a comeback but he hasn't really shown me much.
Eldrunko247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 05:46 PM   #23
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Clippers praise\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!
I think any true basketball fan wants to see him back. Any guy who can go from facing the possibility of having his leg amputated from the knee down to playing pro ball again deserves the ultimate respect.
yeah but it seems strange that he will come back and still be able to compete at the NBA level. Hopefully he can though.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: