Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-08-2007, 01:46 AM   #1
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Default Clippers praise

I know. Their season is just 5 games old. But still. I'm a Clipps fan, and I thought they'd be the laughing stock of the league this year. Nothing wrong with that, since they were just that when I became a fan of them.

BUT wtf is going on? Are they on that kyptonite? Kaman pulling rebounds from everywhere? He's averaging close to 18 rebounds I think. He's blocking shots. Looking like one of the top centers in the league. Even scoring. Is he on ritalin?

Sam Cassel just went out and got 35 pts in 32 minutes. Dished out 8 ast and shot 13/20. 65%. He's 48 years old for God's sake.

Mobley looks rejuvenated too, Maggette is doing everything and earning himself quite the payday. Patterson looks like a great fit. Tim Thomas is acutally earning his $, without playing in a contract year.

I'm still in disbelief. I know. 5 games. But still. Only problem here is, people will start saying Brand is overrated as he doesn't help his team win etc. Ah well. I'll take these 5 wins. They've already won 25% of the wintotal I was looking for.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:51 AM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: Clippers praise

Chris Kaman is awesome and after seeing a bit of him this year I'm just wondering, where the hell was he last year? When focused, this guy is one damn effective C in this league.

He gives hope to all big white stiffs. Some new members into the Church of Chris Kaman:

(a hopeless case but still prays daily)

Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:52 AM   #3
brwnman

yep, it's really the Kaman effect... but seriously, I am surprised beyond belief, I expected them to be a horrible team this year, but Mobley + Maggs seem to be working well...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:55 AM   #4
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Im serious. I think they found him a medicine. He was just suffering horribly from Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder last year. He looks so focused now.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:56 AM   #5
YAWN
NBA All-star

WTF are they doing???? they were supposed to win 20 games and bring in a top 3 pick to team up with thornton, kaman and brand.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:01 AM   #6
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAWN
WTF are they doing???? they were supposed to win 20 games and bring in a top 3 pick to team up with thornton, kaman and brand.

Also true. Winning is nice and all but it means little unless they get to the playoffs. This might be like the Sixers last year having a nice, but ultimately pointless, run and losing out on a BADLY needed lottery pick.

But you can't play to lose at the start of the year, it's just wrong since anything can happen. It's for this reason Memphis isn't just throwing out an unready Mike Conley and for this reason why the Clippers management/coaching should put them in the best position to win. A Derrick Rose would be a great addition to this team but it's not something that should be thought about right now.

How is Livingston doing anyways? The Clippers will be a good team with the Kaman/Brand frontcourt core but they need a healthy Livingston at some point to be a true contender.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:03 AM   #7
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
How is Livingston doing anyways? The Clippers will be a good team with the Kaman/Brand frontcourt core but they need a healthy Livingston at some point to be a true contender.

Last I heard is that Livingston is poised for a return a week or two after the all-star break.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:25 AM   #8
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

I'm a Clipper fan as well (Warriors, Lakers, then Clippers) and I'm honestly lost for words.

A friend and I were talking about them going 5-0 today... but neither of us had a good explanation except to point out that Kaman is playing like a beast.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:41 AM   #9
Eldrunko247
Good college starter

Maybe he has problems playing along side EB. Elden Campbell syndrome. EC used to be a pretty damn solid player but when Shaq came along the guy went into remission. Nice to see the caveman get his groove back. That rookie is pretty impressive.
Eldrunko247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:53 AM   #10
Force
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldrunko247
Maybe he has problems playing along side EB. Elden Campbell syndrome. EC used to be a pretty damn solid player but when Shaq came along the guy went into remission. Nice to see the caveman get his groove back. That rookie is pretty impressive.

You can't blame Shaq for Elden's problems. I was a huge Elden Campbell fan but he has horrible work ethic (every coach he played for knows this) for at least the first half of his career and he didn't keep his head in the game. He also seemed a bit afraid of being a star player. He's a career underachiever but had a lot of skills and physical tools.

There are 2 reasons why Kaman played so poorly last year.

1) He wasn't every healthy for long periods of time. He had a lot of naggin injuries

2) He got that big contract and saw money for the first time in his life. He was too busy thinking about how to spending it instead of thinking about what he is being expected to do for that money. I think he's shaken it off now.

Last edited by Force : 11-08-2007 at 03:01 AM.
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:06 AM   #11
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Last I heard is that Livingston is poised for a return a week or two after the all-star break.
you're joking...?
Old 11-08-2007, 04:23 AM   #12
Force
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
you're joking...?

I don't think it's a joke.

I've read that January was a possibility but it would be a stretch and that sometime roughly around the all star break might be when Shaun gets back on the court. I wouldn't expect much out of him though, he just needs to work to get strength back in the legs, but it's more likely than not that Livingston will join the Clippers before the regular season is over.

Pretty remarkable if he is able to play this season, that was a horrible injury.
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:51 AM   #13
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

I'm amped. Really, I'm rooting for Livingston to get back, although he somewhat dissapointed me before his inujury.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:49 AM   #14
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
I'm amped. Really, I'm rooting for Livingston to get back, although he somewhat dissapointed me before his inujury.

I think any true basketball fan wants to see him back. Any guy who can go from facing the possibility of having his leg amputated from the knee down to playing pro ball again deserves the ultimate respect.
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:12 AM   #15
Smokee
Banned

Clips are fun to watch. They've been shooting lights out. I dont get why Dunleavy thinks Brevin is better than Cassell when he doesnt do anything but make the easy pass. His D hasnt been that much better. He cant score nearly as well or doesnt play like the smart vet Cassell is. Cassell just looks completely in control of whoevers guarding him, like hes confident hes a better player and his postup game on point guards has to be one of the tops in the league as far as pg's go.

Cassell might be 38 but he can still play as well as he did at any point in his career. Dunleavy until last night wasnt playing Cassell at the end of games and only playing him about 20 minutes, while Cassell was telling the media that wasnt enough, and how he wanted to be in at the end of games. Anyways guess Cassell showed Dunleavy last night...
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: