Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-07-2007, 07:27 PM   #1
sick_brah07
National High School Star

sick_brah07 has decent reputationsick_brah07 has decent reputation
Default why did seattle pick jeff green?

i know they talked about how good he and durrant would do, but why dont they play him much?
sick_brah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:02 PM   #2
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: why did seattle pick jeff green?

I believe he twisted an ankle a few weeks ago.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:08 PM   #3
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If they really wanted a swingman I thought they should've gone for Brewer instead.

We'll see how it turns out for them.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:15 PM   #4
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

when u look at your roster sheet and see wally szerbiak on the list, you'd draft green too.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:16 PM   #5
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

green's probably a little more versatile than brewer. his playmaking ability makes him a better compliment to durant.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:26 PM   #6
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
green's probably a little more versatile than brewer. his playmaking ability makes him a better compliment to durant.

I think Brewer has a better chance of eventually working as a 2-guard though. I'm not buying into this PG-Durant-Green-Wilcox-C lineup. I would've opted for defense here with Durant already on board. He'll be a monster of an offensive weapon soon.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:29 PM   #7
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Well given how bad they've been as a team for a while now, would it really shock anyone if it was a bad decision?
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:24 AM   #8
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I think Brewer has a better chance of eventually working as a 2-guard though. I'm not buying into this PG-Durant-Green-Wilcox-C lineup. I would've opted for defense here with Durant already on board. He'll be a monster of an offensive weapon soon.

In the long run I can see them going 'small' with Wilcox at C, Green and Durant at the forward positions. Their future backcourt I'd imagine will probably be made up of some combination of next year's high draft pick and another player.

With experience, Green should be able to be a nice PF with his scoring, rebounding and above average passing skill.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:37 AM   #9
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

actually the sonics arent THAT bad. they just fail to close out games. during the first 3 Quarters they usually look very capable.

and jeff green, for those who have seen him play, is a great talent.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:40 AM   #10
Howard Schits
Decent playground baller

Howard Schits has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
actually the sonics arent THAT bad. they just fail to close out games. during the first 3 Quarters they usually look very capable.

and jeff green, for those who have seen him play, is a great talent.

The Sonics are pretty bad. Looking at the schedule, they might go 0-for the whole November.
Howard Schits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:46 AM   #11
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Because they wanted to build around durant. They wanted to start completely over and that meant to ship out ray allen and let durant take the reins
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:53 AM   #12
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

pretty bad. but not THAT bad. they look like they can beat a team for 32 minutes. then fail. that's bad. but promising.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:38 AM   #13
sick_brah07
National High School Star

sick_brah07 has decent reputationsick_brah07 has decent reputation

i jus hope they dont waste greens talent, he could become a great player in the league
sick_brah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:43 AM   #14
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

They drafted the best player available at the swingman position. It was a no-brainer in my opinion. Corey's nice and will be a nice player in the Josh Howard type of way, but I rather have a guy who could be a motivated Lamar Odom. Even if they had two players who really play the same position, it won't matter. They're not about defense at all, so they shouldn't pretend like they care.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:45 AM   #15
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

To me green will be nothing more than a role player. A childress type impact. AKA not worth Ray Allen.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: