Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-07-2007, 02:16 PM   #1
qrich
King Heno

Default Clippers(3-0) @ Pacers(3-0)

http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61767

Enjoy.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:18 PM   #2
qrich
King Heno

Default Re: Clippers(3-0) @ Pacers(3-0)

Ouch, just heard Diogu is out for 4-6 weeks, bad news for Indy
Old 11-07-2007, 04:01 PM   #3
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

I'm kind of wondering if anyone is surprised that Clippers are undefeated so far. But I'm not surprised in the least. Brand is not as valuable to them as they think he is. Sam Cassel is the true leader of this team and his absence last year due to injuries caused them to miss the playoffs just like with the Timberwolves. Cassel is simply amazing.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:59 PM   #4
otmtheshank
Good High School Starter

Wow, two teams that many thought would be in the lottery are unbeaten and facing each other. Kaman, Dunleavy and Granger all look like MIP candidates so far, this could be a pretty exciting game.
otmtheshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 05:02 PM   #5
yeaaaman
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by otmtheshank
Wow, two teams that many thought would be in the lottery are unbeaten and facing each other. Kaman, Dunleavy and Granger all look like MIP candidates so far, this could be a pretty exciting game.

yea i think this could be a very exciting game also...unfortunately both these teams most likely will end up being lottery teams.
yeaaaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 05:05 PM   #6
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Ouch, just heard Diogu is out for 4-6 weeks, bad news for Indy

Bummer! He was looking great so far, great energy and hustle. I didn't catch the news on Diogu, what did he hurt?

I'm just curious how either one of these teams can lose. According to ISH, by now we know how every team is going to finish their entire season. Both of these teams are undefeated, which means going into this game, neither team can possibly lose right? I mean, after just three games, everyone here knows exactly how every single game will be from here on out. Both of these teams are going 82-0. Neither team can lose, right? Right?
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 05:43 PM   #7
Force
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
I'm kind of wondering if anyone is surprised that Clippers are undefeated so far. But I'm not surprised in the least. Brand is not as valuable to them as they think he is. Sam Cassel is the true leader of this team and his absence last year due to injuries caused them to miss the playoffs just like with the Timberwolves. Cassel is simply amazing.

You gotta be kidding me. I watch the Clippers all the time and even watch them live at least 3 times a year. Brand is the main man on the team along with Cassel.

What Dunleavy has done this year is go small and play uptempo ball and teams weren't prepared for that at all.

Ruben Patterson is their starting power forward...they are playing a totally different game than they did last year and so far it's paid off.

But you're a fool is you don't think Brand is key because he is...aside from everything he gives you on offense (hitting the glass, knocking down shots inside and out) his presence on defense will be sorely missed once they play teams who can score in the paint.
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 06:11 PM   #8
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenRawley
Bummer! He was looking great so far, great energy and hustle. I didn't catch the news on Diogu, what did he hurt?

I think he sprained his calf or something. I just added him two days ago to my fantasy squad because he was playing well, and now, with no legit C's to add, I'm stuck adding Kwame Brown[Aldridge and Bynum are my two other C's ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy

So, you seriously thought Clippers would start out 3-0 and scoring 97+ in each game? Including 120 and 115? Your serious that Brand is not valuable? GTFO, when we start playing teams with a legit PF/C[Jermaine tonight], and Kaman gets 3 fouls in 6 minutes, who's going to guard them? Thomas? Davis? Nope, because no one else has the body.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:15 PM   #9
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
I think he sprained his calf or something. I just added him two days ago to my fantasy squad because he was playing well, and now, with no legit C's to add, I'm stuck adding Kwame Brown[Aldridge and Bynum are my two other C's ]

Ahh, that's okay then. Nothing torn or broken, he might even be back earlier than that.

And yeah, there's not many centers worth a lick of piss out there in the league right now, let alone for fantasy leagues. Does your league allow for F/Cs? Might have better luck there, although Bynum might end up doing well for you. Brown is having achilles issues and Cook isn't playing very well just yet.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:11 PM   #10
qrich
King Heno

Starting line-ups are right.

Round 16 in the Father v Son battle, and Coach is leading the heads up battles 10-5 at the moment.

Let's go Clippers Let's go!
Old 11-07-2007, 07:15 PM   #11
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenRawley
Ahh, that's okay then. Nothing torn or broken, he might even be back earlier than that.

calf muscle tear...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baske...u-injury_N.htm
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:24 PM   #12
qrich
King Heno

18-8 Clips up with 5:30 minutes and change left..Kaman has 4/4 already, Mobley got hurt, hopefully he's well.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:29 PM   #13
qrich
King Heno

2:43 remaining in the first and Clippers have a 22-17 lead.

Kaman with 6 points and 6 boards in 9 minutes or so of action. Another double-double for the Kaveman?
Old 11-07-2007, 07:37 PM   #14
qrich
King Heno

24-25 and the Pacers take the lead at the end of the first. Chris has 6/8, on pace for 32 boards :).

No Mobley is going to hurt, but Ross needs to step up and hit his shots, no more damn airballs.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:02 PM   #15
qrich
King Heno

2:42 left and Clippers down 42-46. Sammy shooting two when the game comes back on.

Clippers need to get string together some solid offensive possessions to get back in this game.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: