Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-07-2007, 02:29 PM   #16
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Orlando @ Toronto 7:00 EST: Raptors pop Shogon's cherry tonight

Quote:
Rasho would be the logical choice here but he'll probably get only 15 minutes
Rasho would've been a good choice yesterday vs Bogut and vs KG in OT in the Boston game as well (when it was clear Bosh had little in the tank). He got 5 minutes last night and didn't even see the floor in OT.

My prediction is he gets a DNP-CD and cripple Garbajosa is asked to guard Dwight instead. I wonder what kind of a bad start it'll take this year to get the rotation straight?
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:34 PM   #17
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
That's always good to see when you're an opposing team. Arroyo is on that Antoine Walker/Larry Hughes intelligence level.

The Raptors better win this one. They didn't even show up for the Milwaukee game. After this it's another back to back in a couple days.

Remember when Arroyo was supposed to be Utah's savior at the point post-Stockton? Wonder what happened there.

And to be honest, I actually think the only reason they're giving Garbo any minutes at all on a technically still-broken leg is so Calderon doesn't get unhappy with his best buddy's lack of PT.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:38 PM   #18
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by new noise
Remember when Arroyo was supposed to be Utah's savior at the point post-Stockton? Wonder what happened there.

And to be honest, I actually think the only reason they're giving Garbo any minutes at all on a technically still-broken leg is so Calderon doesn't get unhappy with his best buddy's lack of PT.

I think the traded Arroyo for his own safety. Jerry Sloan eventually would've murdered him.

And I don't buy the Garbajosa-Calderon bond. These guys are 26 and 30, grown men who should know this is a job for them and a business overall. The moment Calderon sees a new contract this offseason (from whatever team) I'm pretty sure he'll quickly forget about whether his friend Garbo is getting minutes or not.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:43 PM   #19
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I can't believe I'm saying this but I hope Joey comes back soon. I hate seeing Garbo on the floor. Why does every shot he takes have to be a 3? Does he think he's Kapono? Why can't he just take two steps in and then shoot?
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:46 PM   #20
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

i didnt read last nights thread... i didnt read any of this thread... but i'll just say this, cause a loss like we had last night was pretty deflating;

THE SKY ISN'T FALLING... WE'LL BE OK
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:47 PM   #21
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

anyways... i didn't get to actually WATCH the game last night (thankfully) so tonight im going in fresh and im expecting big things from bargnani and bosh.

no way in hell bosh lets his good buddy dwight walk on him.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:48 PM   #22
Lebron23
Banned

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Raptors fans are one of the most energetic fans in this message board. The game has not started, and you are already in the 2nd page discussing about the head to head collision between the Toronto Raptors and the Orlando Magic.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:50 PM   #23
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Well Bargnani is gonna get murdered in the post tonight. Over/under for his first two fouls is 5 minutes.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:52 PM   #24
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I wish Kapono would get more plays run for him. He's a smart player who seems to rarely take bad shots. He's not out there to rebound or play defense so why not get him more looks on offense? Then again, asking for "plays" in general to be run might be too much.

Quote:
Well Bargnani is gonna get murdered in the post tonight. Over/under for his first two fouls is 5 minutes.
Orlando is a terrible matchup for Bargnani. He likely can't guard Howard because he is too strong and I really don't like Bargnani guarding perimeter players like Lewis. He's not quick enough to guard SF's.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:58 PM   #25
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

Quote:
I wish Kapono would get more plays run for him. He's a smart player who seems to rarely take bad shots. He's not out there to rebound or play defense so why not get him more looks on offense? Then again, asking for "plays" in general to be run might be too much.

Orlando is a terrible matchup for Bargnani. He likely can't guard Howard because he is too strong and I really don't like Bargnani guarding perimeter players like Lewis. He's not quick enough to guard SF's.

Yeah especially his release. It's too quick to just regulate Kapono to spot up duty. Hit shot is quick enough that you can run him off a couple of screens for open looks.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:02 PM   #26
new noise
madvillain

Quote:

True. I hated seeing them play a borderline Golden State kind of game last night. I have little to no faith that that kind of basketball can get a team anywhere in the long run, nevermind the fact that with a legitimate inside scoring threat like Bosh, the Raps just don't need to play like that for extended periods of time.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:05 PM   #27
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

Quote:
True. I hated seeing them play a borderline Golden State kind of game last night. I have little to no faith that that kind of basketball can get a team anywhere in the long run, nevermind the fact that with a legitimate inside scoring threat like Bosh, the Raps just don't need to play like that for extended periods of time.

Yeah freedom for your PG's is nice but when they're making EVERY decision on the floor it's bad to watch. Good thing we don't have Mike James anymore. At some point the coach has to draw up some structure instead of just handing it off to TJ and Jose.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:08 PM   #28
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

It can work great when you have one of those "coach on the floor" type players like Nash and Kidd (or even Duncan and KG in the frontcourt) but Ford is only 24 and Calderon is 26.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:14 PM   #29
new noise
madvillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob
Yeah freedom for your PG's is nice but when they're making EVERY decision on the floor it's bad to watch. Good thing we don't have Mike James anymore. At some point the coach has to draw up some structure instead of just handing it off to TJ and Jose.

Exactly. I know in a lot of people's eyes we're eventually supposed to Phoenix 2.0, but I'd hate to see our coach hand the actual coaching duty over to the players ala Mike D'antoni, and thus not having the amount of control neccessary when a real live play is needed.

I think Sam's done too good a job proving himself as a coach through a mountain of negative publicity the first couple years for BC to let that happen.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:13 PM   #30
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

Quote:
Exactly. I know in a lot of people's eyes we're eventually supposed to Phoenix 2.0, but I'd hate to see our coach hand the actual coaching duty over to the players ala Mike D'antoni, and thus not having the amount of control neccessary when a real live play is needed.

I think Sam's done too good a job proving himself as a coach through a mountain of negative publicity the first couple years for BC to let that happen.

Now now, Mike is at least good at drawing plays out of timeouts. I remember some of Sam's plays were to let Bosh shoot a trey with a defender in his face for the game winning shot.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: