Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-14-2007, 06:35 PM   #31
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Kevin Martin??? Who would you compare his game to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by artest 93
nah he's black

??? That means he's more human than anything else!!!
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 06:43 PM   #32
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybadass
what race is he?

50 % Black and 50 % White = BIRACIAL

Kevin Martin is an oustanding NBA player and he keep on improving every year as he average a career best 20.2 PPG last NBA Season. I expect him to become one of the best wingmen in the NBA and his game reminds me a lot of an athletic version of Jeff Hornacek.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 10-14-2007 at 06:54 PM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 07:22 PM   #33
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

This guy gives the Kings franchise hope and he is a very unique player. A 6'6" SG who averages 20.2 ppg on just 13.3 FGA per game.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 07:30 PM   #34
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

I agree that hangtime is a silly concept. Gravity pulls everybody down to earth at the same spped, so the only difference between people's jumps is the number of inches they rise from the ground. Unless we're talking about people's wind resistance which causes more hangtime by tiny amounts that cannot be measured outside the lab. Is that what you guys meant?
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 08:08 PM   #35
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!

LBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected poster

After thinking about it, He is a mix of 3 players, IMO. Rip Hamilton, Vince Carter, and Kerry Kittles.
LBJ 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 11:16 PM   #36
SCdac
NBA sixth man of the year

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

I could understand the Christie, Hamilton, Miller comparisons... He actually reminds me a bit of Brent Barry in his prime... only better.

Both are (or were in Barry's case) 6'7, skinny/lanky, fast, good slashers, high flyers/capable dunkers for their position, efficient shooters, great FT shooters.

Martin is obviously more of scorer than Barry, and Brent more of a playmaker, but they are in the same Shooting Guard mold IMO. Excluding Martin's unorthodox shot though - Barry has a clean stroke.

Barry shot essentially 50% from the field in 3 of his 5 seasons with the Sonics (2000-2004), three point percentage from those years ranging from 40.3% to 47.6%. Shot +80% in FT's in 4 out of 5 of those seasons. He was, and still is, an efficient shooter needless to say. Martin last season put up 20.2 pts, on 47.3 FG%, 38.1 3PT%, 84.4 FT%. We'll see if he can continue to shoot/score so well.

Last edited by SCdac : 10-14-2007 at 11:19 PM.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:15 AM   #37
VeeCee15
Great young streetballer

VeeCee15 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

There's no such thing as hang-time as you guys define it.
It's also flawed to say that one foot
leapers have more "hang-time" then two foot.

I looked at the kevin martin videos...he's an above average athlete. Not great, but good.

Last edited by VeeCee15 : 10-15-2007 at 03:18 AM.
VeeCee15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:24 AM   #38
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

best case - Pistol Pete
worst case - Eddie Jones @ 92 years old
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:21 AM   #39
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
How can an Iverson fan call anyone a mindless chucker?
When you're talking about Jamal Crawford, ANYONE can call him a mindless chucker.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:22 AM   #40
Miller Time
the fighting mongooses

Miller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
best case - Pistol Pete
worst case - Eddie Jones @ 92 years old

"OK"
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:02 PM   #41
kidachi

Rip City
Steve Smith
Old 10-15-2007, 12:05 PM   #42
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
He's a hybrid of Rip Hamilton and Reggie Miller. There is no arguing that.

....so it is written and so we will
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:40 PM   #43
GoldNugg21
Good High School Starter

GoldNugg21 has an OK reputation so far

To comment on the hangtime thing, I'd say what is commonly perceived as "hangtime" is an athletes ability to jump a significant upward distance while simultaneously covering the necessary distance horizontally. The reason for this is that the actual time in the air is determined by the upward component of the jump, but it is only really noticeable when players like Jordan are able to cover seemingly inhuman horizontal distance with their leaps. So what we think of as hangtime doesn't necessarily correlate to actual time in midair, but it does show how the perception of a jump being longer or shorter can change with horizontal distance.

And of course, by this definition, one footed jumpers will have greater hangtime than two footed jumpers, because they use their momentum to create more horizontal distance in their jumps.

As for Kevin, I think Michael Finley is a good comparison. Just a non flashy guy who gets the job done.
GoldNugg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 11:24 AM   #44
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The young fella has been one of the best scorers in the NBA today, and i would not be surprised if he get voted in the NBA ALL STAR Game as a reserve.

Martin is widely known for his unorthodox style of shooting, and his great basketball IQ.

I think it's safe to say that he is a combination of Rick Barry, Reggie Miller, and Doug Christie.

2007-08 NBA Stats

28.2 PPG, 4.20 RPG, 2.2 APG, 1.6 SPG, 0.2 BPG
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 11:30 AM   #45
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldNugg21
To comment on the hangtime thing, I'd say what is commonly perceived as "hangtime" is an athletes ability to jump a significant upward distance while simultaneously covering the necessary distance horizontally. The reason for this is that the actual time in the air is determined by the upward component of the jump, but it is only really noticeable when players like Jordan are able to cover seemingly inhuman horizontal distance with their leaps. So what we think of as hangtime doesn't necessarily correlate to actual time in midair, but it does show how the perception of a jump being longer or shorter can change with horizontal distance.

And of course, by this definition, one footed jumpers will have greater hangtime than two footed jumpers, because they use their momentum to create more horizontal distance in their jumps.

As for Kevin, I think Michael Finley is a good comparison. Just a non flashy guy who gets the job done.

yes, summed up well. no one is falling slower from anyone else, but some guys do have better HORIZONTAL leap at the same time with the vertical.

and it does make them stay longer in the air. when someone jumps the same distance vertically, but covers more distance horizontally it does in fact make him stay in air longer.

Last edited by Sharas : 11-17-2007 at 11:33 AM.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: