Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-14-2007, 02:57 PM   #16
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Kevin Martin??? Who would you compare his game to?

Rip or young Mike F.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 03:14 PM   #17
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by taabhimself
no such thing as hangtime. when you jump, you are either going up or coming down. law of gravity baby.

not necessarily true;

long jumpers can do what they do because of explosiveness off of the inital leap which allows them to extend the length of the "going up" and "coming down"

therefore i'd say hangtime is a combination of the vertical portion of a leap, and the velocity and explosiveness of the horizontal portion
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 03:16 PM   #18
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

His game is like a mix of Richard Hamilton and Ray Allen. He moves around the court well, is a decent defender, and shoots the 3 ball well.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 03:19 PM   #19
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
no such thing as hangtime. when you jump, you are either going up or coming down. law of gravity baby.

Yeah. If he has hangtime then it means he's jumping high. You can't have hangtime if you don't jump high.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 04:11 PM   #20
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:

Are you trying to say that you can't jump and go forward at the say time?

I love it when stupid people try to act smart.

Jumping is basically made up of 2 components: the upward component and the forward component.

Everyone comes down at the same speed once they jump up (gravity), but you're velocity going forward is different based on drag, initial velocity, etc.

What I'm trying to say is K Mart might not jump very high, but he covers a lot of ground.

Last edited by bigboi_baller : 10-14-2007 at 04:13 PM.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 04:42 PM   #21
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

The Finley comparison isn't bad. My first thought was Rolando Blackman. Ro wasn't much of a dunker, but the rest of his offensive game is very similar.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 04:47 PM   #22
billybadass
I hit open 5-footers

billybadass has not been impressing people

what race is he?
billybadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 04:49 PM   #23
Miller Time
the fighting mongooses

Miller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybadass
what race is he?

Human I think.
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 05:03 PM   #24
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Reggie Miller with Doug Christie's body.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 05:06 PM   #25
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Mav
The Finley comparison isn't bad. My first thought was Rolando Blackman. Ro wasn't much of a dunker, but the rest of his offensive game is very similar.

eh, i like the rolando blackman comparison... nice call
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 06:05 PM   #26
artest 93
Local High School Star

artest 93 has decent reputationartest 93 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time
Human I think.

nah he's black

artest 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 06:13 PM   #27
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Answer
No way. Kevin Martin's actually an intelligent, efficient player, whereas Crawford is little more than a mindless chucker. In fact, last season Kmart averaged two and a half more points while taking two less shots.

How can an Iverson fan call anyone a mindless chucker?
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 06:15 PM   #28
taabhimself
I airball my layups

taabhimself has no real reputation yet.

its still not "hang time". no human can "hang" in the air, whether you're covering a lot of horizontal ground or not you are still either still going up, or you are on your descent. with every jump you spend exactly the same time going up and coming down.
taabhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 06:16 PM   #29
RDavis31
Kids at the park dunk on me

RDavis31 has not been impressing people

I'd say a cross between Rip Hamilton and Reggie Miller.
RDavis31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 06:29 PM   #30
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by artest 93
nah he's black

So everyone is black?... Does he look like he's black? I'd say more of a mix of different races.

And, it doesn't really matter what race he is in the end. It's not like his game is based on his race.

Also:

"When interviewed on a segment by TNT during a game, Martin credited Doug Christie for helping him learn how to defend in the NBA. Likewise, Martin also credited Cuttino Mobley for helping him with his shooting. Martin played behind both guards during their tenure with the Kings."
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: