Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-22-2007, 01:25 PM   #31
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Deron has some words for Kirilenko

Rest of the interview Deron called AK a "special player" and has the ability to be a great player. In fact he spent more time praising AK than that one line where he said his work ethic is suspect.

Plenty of players in this league that are regarded as team leaders have publicly criticized teammates, coaches, and opponents. As long as they kept producing wins, no one questioned them for it. End of the day it is what you do on the court that defines if you're a leader, not what you say off it.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 01:26 PM   #32
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I hope he learn to shut up if he is going to be the team captain. Keep that stuff in the locker room, saying it to the media is only going to have negative effects.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 01:36 PM   #33
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

WHich players criticize their coaches and teammates yet don't have a villified personality in the media? Other than Jordan.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 01:41 PM   #34
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
WHich players criticize their coaches and teammates yet don't have a villified personality in the media? Other than Jordan.
Kidd for one.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:52 PM   #35
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

deron already said after the spurs series that some guys were already on the vacation...most writers agreed that he meant either AK or okur, or both.

i don't really know on which side i'm in this...it's true that AK acts like a whiny beatch now. but it's also true that he's being misused by jerry sloan. i'm very interested to see whether would he have the balls to take a paycut to get out? (if that happens, that'll probably raise him in my eyes considerably. it's one thing to whine when your contract is guaranteed, but whole other to leave serious money on table to get into more satisfying situation)

and considering deron, i'm really not sure if public calling out of teammates can produce ANY good.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 02:01 PM   #36
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharas
i'm very interested to see whether would he have the balls to take a paycut to get out? (if that happens, that'll probably raise him in my eyes considerably. it's one thing to whine when your contract is guaranteed, but whole other to leave serious money on table to get into more satisfying situation)
I dont know how he can. You cant renegotiate a contract, so it would have to be a buyout and why would Utah do that. Or he could walk away, but I dont see how FIBA could let him dishonor a contract in a member organization and sign a different contract in another member organization. Anyone know all the details on that? I know RFA can not take the qualifying offer and go play in Europe or wherever, but they arent under a contract (and when they come back to the NBA the original team still has their RFA rights).
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 02:02 PM   #37
clayton
Banned

clayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingBull33
Lol, hes 32.
And looks like a buisness man who somehow plays basketball.:
clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 02:06 PM   #38
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
I dont know how he can. You cant renegotiate a contract, so it would have to be a buyout and why would Utah do that. Or he could walk away, but I dont see how FIBA could let him dishonor a contract in a member organization and sign a different contract in another member organization. Anyone know all the details on that? I know RFA can not take the qualifying offer and go play in Europe or wherever, but they arent under a contract (and when they come back to the NBA the original team still has their RFA rights).

i don't know either, to be honest. but i don't know why would he make empty threats publicly if nothing is possible?

and agreed, utah really has no reason to give him a buyout.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:07 PM   #39
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharas
i'm really not sure if public calling out of teammates can produce ANY good.

Oh come on. You want your team leader to remain silent when AK's trash talking your team, coach, and organization in the media? Hell no. I want my leader to stand up for us. AK's out there saying your storied, successful coach is terrible, your management even worse, and then crying for not getting the ball enough....and yet people here are bashing Deron for saying, "You're not trying to improve or get better, so why do you think you have the right to criticize anyone?"
Old 09-22-2007, 02:11 PM   #40
Sharas
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Oh come on. You want your team leader to remain silent when AK's trash talking your team, coach, and organization in the media? Hell no. I want my leader to stand up for us. AK's out there saying your storied, successful coach is terrible, your management even worse, and then crying for not getting the ball enough....and yet people here are bashing Deron for saying, "You're not trying to improve or get better, so why do you think you have the right to criticize anyone?"

well, it seems to me that kirilenko-jazz relations are beyond repair, so you might be right. but if there was possibility for him to still stay, i'd prefer to resolve such matters away from the media.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:21 PM   #41
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
so it would have to be a buyout and why would Utah do that.

Cos they dont want to pay their 4th or 5th most productive player 63 million dollars?
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 02:33 PM   #42
Defo
I brick open layups

Defo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
I hope he learn to shut up if he is going to be the team captain. Keep that stuff in the locker room, saying it to the media is only going to have negative effects.

Part of being a 'leader' is the ability to tell guys around you to step it up when they're not playing anywhere near their best basketball. This isn't about Sloan playing AK out of position, it's about AK not willing to match the work ethic of his teammates, and not willing to put his ego aside to help his team win. No, he's not the first and second option for the Jazz like he was a couple seasons ago, and he'll never be the one getting the most shots ever again. But this guy is one of the best defensive players in the league - if he had really wanted to, AK could have made his presence felt in every single game last year. Instead, he pouted and cried - the guy cried - because he saw better players than him getting more shots. Because he saw his team go deep into the playoffs and knew that it had very little to do with him. When an NBA player is called out publicly by a teammate, it means that whatever's been said to him in the locker room hasn't gotten through. Maybe AK just doesn't have the basketball IQ to understand what his coach and his teammates have tried to tell him.

PS I'm starting to want the Kirlilenko/Marion trade to happen more and more...
Defo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 02:34 PM   #43
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Cos they dont want to pay their 4th or 5th most productive player 63 million dollars?
then trade him. he is still (at least) the 4th best player on the team and definitely their best swing (even if he is really a 4). If they waive him, then they look terrible at the 2 and the 3. Harpring is great, but is well past being a productive starter at the 3 for an entire season with his shaky knees.

also, imagine the utah D without him. Terrible. Might as well be Dallas.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 02:35 PM   #44
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three

totally agreed
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 02:53 PM   #45
Sharas
Great college starter

Quote:

why would they want to lose him for nothing? if they would get the cap space back, i'd say hell yes. but that's not the case.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: