Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-22-2007, 11:19 AM   #16
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble

Chuck Thou NBA has decent reputationChuck Thou NBA has decent reputation
Default Re: Deron has some words for Kirilenko

Deron Williams is right. Work hard.
Chuck Thou NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:19 AM   #17
ukplayer4
NBA rookie of the year

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

this isnt about ak taking more shots at all, since when has he ever been a overly offensive minded player? what kirilenko feels is that he is not being used correctly and has fallen out of favor by sloan and the system, and hes right, he isnt being used properly at all, ak is a dominant player when healthy and last season became an after thought in the jazz offense, its not utahs fault, after last years success theyd be silly not to keep with whats working for them but the time has well and truely come for kirilenko to be traded.

utah needs to move ak at almost any cost
ak badly needs a new team(then we will see a dominant ak)
williams needs to shut the **** up
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:21 AM   #18
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far

so is DWill admitting that he froze AK47 out of the series? wow.

Last edited by AI Nuggets3 : 09-22-2007 at 11:24 AM.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:42 AM   #19
Mewwem22
Go Jazz!

Mewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Nuggets3
so is DWill admitting that he froze AK47 out of the series? wow.

Well he did in a way, and i understand why. AK isn't the best shooter or ball handler on the team (he dribbles WAY to high), so when Deron sees him open on the perimeter he is reluctant to pass it to him. Andrei feels more comfortable catching the ball in the paint because his natural position is the PF. When he has the ball on the perimeter he either shoots it (airball), drives the ball in (turnover), or tries to make a pass that should only be made from the paint. Most of the time, it's just not pretty. A lot of the problem comes because Deron doesn't trust AK enough with the ball, another part of it comes from AK trying to do too much because Deron doesn't trust him, and the last part comes from Sloan playing AK out of position. Overall, the chemistry on this team right now isn't very good. They need to talk to each other to resolve problems like this rather than keep them built up inside and let them erupt like this... Despite all of this though, I'm extremely excited for the start of the season.

Last edited by Mewwem22 : 09-22-2007 at 11:45 AM.
Mewwem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:54 AM   #20
Glider
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Glider has an OK reputation so far

text
Glider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:58 AM   #21
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Why would he say such a thing? AK is probably gonna cry again.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 12:00 PM   #22
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Good for Deron for saying how he feels. Ak needs to stop crying and work for what he wants.

side note: I always liked Harpring. Good work ethic.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 12:00 PM   #23
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewwem22
Well he did in a way, and i understand why. AK isn't the best shooter or ball handler on the team (he dribbles WAY to high), so when Deron sees him open on the perimeter he is reluctant to pass it to him. Andrei feels more comfortable catching the ball in the paint because his natural position is the PF. When he has the ball on the perimeter he either shoots it (airball), drives the ball in (turnover), or tries to make a pass that should only be made from the paint. Most of the time, it's just not pretty. A lot of the problem comes because Deron doesn't trust AK enough with the ball, another part of it comes from AK trying to do too much because Deron doesn't trust him, and the last part comes from Sloan playing AK out of position. Overall, the chemistry on this team right now isn't very good. They need to talk to each other to resolve problems like this rather than keep them built up inside and let them erupt like this... Despite all of this though, I'm extremely excited for the start of the season.

Yeah... or AK dribbles it around for a while, and allows the defense to get set back up, which ends up leading to forced shots.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 12:06 PM   #24
RagingBull33
I pooped a hammer.

RagingBull33 has decent reputationRagingBull33 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
interesting. Always liked that Harpring fellow. what is he a second year player?
Lol, hes 32.
RagingBull33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 12:47 PM   #25
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
Yea, I've never heard of him either.

I like the fact that Deron seems to be taking the team over, showing some leadership. I know Deron was upset with a couple of players after they lost to SA in the playoffs. I guess AK was one of them.
yeah, I think he was mad at AK and Memo
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 12:49 PM   #26
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
yeah, I think he was mad at AK and Memo

when i think of the 07 Jazz i think of Memo hitting some clutch 3's every single time i watched that team. he saved them so many times that its amazing.

once Deron matures he's gonna be a truly great leader.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 12:52 PM   #27
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewwem22
A lot of the problem comes because Deron doesn't trust AK enough with the ball, another part of it comes from AK trying to do too much because Deron doesn't trust him, and the last part comes from Sloan playing AK out of position.
good simple breakdown. I do have to say that AK is botha better shooter and handler than he is being given credit last year (esp if you look at his career not just last year). Again, hes a 4 who is versatile enough to play the 3 (or even the 2, where he started the end of the previous season). Its be like if the pistons started Prince at the 4 and then wondered why he wasnt as effective and didnt enjoy his role with the team. Add that to fan (and organization) expectations for a max money player and shake.

I do agree I think he was less effective last year (obviously) because he was trying too hard or thinking about it too much, rather than letting the game come to him. HE was pretty damn solid in the GS series IMO.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:54 PM   #28
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Nuggets3
when i think of the 07 Jazz i think of Memo hitting some clutch 3's every single time i watched that team. he saved them so many times that its amazing.

once Deron matures he's gonna be a truly great leader.
yeah he did especially pre-all star break. My only modern pistons jersey and he broke my heart. I can still recall a game against SA (from the 05-06 season) where he flushed a putback at the buzzer to win the game. HEs got balls, and is a smart and athletic player (he can dribble a soccer ball over his tall ass head and catch it on his heel - falking Euros)
Old 09-22-2007, 01:10 PM   #29
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Good for Deron. He's a good leader.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 01:21 PM   #30
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Not sure if blasting your teammates in the media, saying they don't work enough on their shot so I won't pass it to him = good leader.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: