Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-21-2007, 12:30 PM   #1
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Kirilenko for Butler

allow me to elaborate:

Kirilenko
Millsap
Gordan Giricek

for

Butler
Stevenson
Etan

why Utah does it: Kiri's gotta be traded, obviously. with him gone you're going to need some shotblocking source, and Etan can be the first big off the bench. they have a hole at SG and if there is one thing Deshawn can do well, it's fill a hole. then you've got Butler at the 3 who fits Utah's character well and has no problem playing off ball and getting his points indirectly, because he's been the 2nd-3rd option his whole prime and has still excelled.

why Washington does it: Kirilenko is the perfect player for this team. his ability to guard the 2-4 takes pressure off the players on the Wizards who are defensive liabilities. (Everyone.) as I said in another post, Kiri would be motivated because he'd have a coach that was perfect and a team that needed him and would base their offense around him much of the time. and a motivated Kiri is a good thing. his point forward abilities would be used- EJ's been looking for a point forward his whole career, even tried turning Jared Jeffries into one. considering he gave Jared Jeffries touches, you can bet Kirilenko will get them. Kiri's help defense would be huge for the team and his ability to move the ball would take pressure off Gil so he could focus on scoring more. Millsap provides much needed scoring and rebounding from a big man. Gordan stretches the floor.

any thoughts?
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:33 PM   #2
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board
Default Re: Kirilenko for Butler

Butler>Kirilenko
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:37 PM   #3
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Utah won't let go of Millsap. They're in love with him, and for good reason.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:39 PM   #4
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

I'd be trading Jamison and #1 for him, put kirilenko at PF.

Arenas
Stevenson
Butler
Kirilenko
Haywood
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:40 PM   #5
echo484
I airball my layups

echo484 has an OK reputation so far

I understand the rationale for both teams. Just one thing: Is Millsap included as salary filler? Utah really seems to like him, so I'm not sure if they would want to throw him into the trade (though it should be pointed out how little bargaining power Utah has at this point). Good trade. Beats anything the Lakers could offer for AK47, sadly.

Last edited by echo484 : 09-21-2007 at 12:46 PM.
echo484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:41 PM   #6
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think Utah woould prefer letting Kirilenko leave and saving the money from his contract over this trade.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:47 PM   #7
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
I'd be trading Jamison and #1 for him, put kirilenko at PF.
that ocurred to me. but I'm not sure about it. for one thing I'm not sure if Utah wants such a massive defensive liability replacing their best defender- it's not like Okur or Boozer are any better than average at best. who plays the defense? Kir averaged like 5 blocks a game in the playoffs. where are they without that? Offensively Jamison would be perfect for the Jazz, that much is obvious, but the defense is just too much. he is expiring however, so I guess I could see it. but I'm also weary of the Wiz without Jamison's leadership- I think we need another year of it, and if we do lose it, we have to replace it, and Crybaby Kirilenko ain't it.

Quote:
Just one thing: Is Millsap included as salary filler? Utah really seems to like him, so I'm not sure if they would want to throw him into the trade (though it should be pointed out how little bargaining power Utah has at this point). Good trade. Beats anything the Lakers could offer for AK47, sadly.
no milsap is one of the most important parts of the trade. a dealbreaker actually.

I mean come on it's not like the Jazz need him. they got Boozer and Okur, both guys can put up 20, and I think both guys DO put up 20, or around there, and get 8-12 boards apiece too. they need a shotblocker off the bench. the Wiz need millsap way more than the Jazz do.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:55 PM   #8
echo484
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
no milsap is one of the most important parts of the trade. a dealbreaker actually.

I mean come on it's not like the Jazz need him. they got Boozer and Okur, both guys can put up 20, and I think both guys DO put up 20, or around there, and get 8-12 boards apiece too. they need a shotblocker off the bench. the Wiz need millsap way more than the Jazz do.

Millsap has gotten a lot of time at the 3 as well. His footwork on defense is a lot better than scouts thought it would be, and he's shown himself to be a capable defender out on the perimeter. I mean, he's no Lebron stopper, but he's definitely shown that he can play alongside Boozer/Okur. He could get minutes backing up both Boozer and Butler, if need be. Or Butler can move to the 2, and you can bring Stephenson off the bench. There are lots of possibilities there. Depth is not a bad thing.

But like I said, if Washington pushes for Millsap, Utah doesn't have the leverage to turn it down (assuming Washington's offer is the best).
Old 09-21-2007, 12:58 PM   #9
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far

geeWiz, do you want Millsap more then Kirilenko?
Because AK's value right now isn't anywhere near as high as a Caron Butler caliber player.

I had the sudden urge of assassinating Kupcake...I mean Kwame Brown for Caron Butler?
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 01:02 PM   #10
echo484
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles
geeWiz, do you want Millsap more then Kirilenko?
Because AK's value right now isn't anywhere near as high as a Caron Butler caliber player.

I had the sudden urge of assassinating Kupcake...I mean Kwame Brown for Caron Butler?

Ironically, if he had kept Caron, now would be a great time to actually trade him for a big.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:04 PM   #11
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far

No need to do anything with Caron Butler on the team.

Bynum/Mihm
Odom/Cook
Butler/Walton
Kobe/Evans
Fisher/Farmar

Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 01:10 PM   #12
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I love how every trade thread ends up being hijacked into some BS Lakers crybaby BS.

Overall I think it is a good trade for both teams. Etan would be an awesome change of pace at the 4-5 (and is a very good and smart defender if a little undersized) and Utah gets two starters out of the deal. AK would be killer wherever he goes, but his D, blocking and rebounding at the 3 would really help the wiz (he and jamison could both play a sorta hybrid forward). Who starts at the 2 for the wiz then?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 01:14 PM   #13
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Giricek. Far from ideal, but I'd take it. Especially to get Millsap.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 01:19 PM   #14
echo484
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
I love how every trade thread ends up being hijacked into some BS Lakers crybaby BS.

Overall I think it is a good trade for both teams. Etan would be an awesome change of pace at the 4-5 (and is a very good and smart defender if a little undersized) and Utah gets two starters out of the deal. AK would be killer wherever he goes, but his D, blocking and rebounding at the 3 would really help the wiz (he and jamison could both play a sorta hybrid forward). Who starts at the 2 for the wiz then?

Who's crying? What's done is done. As for your question, Daniels is a combo guard, so he could get minutes at the 2. If they really like Nick Young, they could start him, even though he's a rookie. Giricek can play, too.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:24 PM   #15
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

JalenRawley has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Utah won't let go of Millsap. They're in love with him, and for good reason.

I was going to post this, almost verbatim. Instead, I'll just point out how brilliant saKf is! ;)

Seriously though, why do people keep putting Millsap in trade scenarios? He's not a throw in, he's not filler, he's considered an asset in Utah and you don't give up something of value without getting something of value in return. They would already be giving up Kirilenko, why would they give up -yet another- asset in Millsap without getting something equal in return?

Also, Millsap is young. He might've peaked this year, who knows.. but the amount of his potential to get better increases his value. He's young, he's got plenty of time for improvement, he's shown flashes of being a good player in the league, and they've got three more seasons of him at a dirt cheap salary compared to what he could command on the free agent market.

And Etan Thomas is supposed to be his replacement? Pay MLE money for a center who does less, has less potential, is older, and has already peaked in the league? This guy can't even beat Brendan Haywood out of a starting job, and the Haywood and the coach don't even get along.

Also, Utah's already seen how useless DeShawn Stevenson is. They don't need a second viewing.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: