Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-20-2007, 09:38 AM   #16
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: At your physical and mental prime...

I was 6' when I was 11 years old, so I was only ever trained as a PF/C, because all of my coaches thought I would be around 6'10 and fill out. I didn't put on weight, can't bulk up, stopped growing at about 6'8" (maybe a little under), but I played in the Australian CBA, suited up for a couple of NBL games, but I can't play SF as I have no handles, inconsistent jumper, no bulk, so like I said, checkers for me Play the hand you are dealt, you can always love the game and play vicariously through others.
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:41 AM   #17
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

squash or tennis

i've always been good at racket sports, probably cause of my reflexes and arm strength, these 2 were my fav's.. a bad case of shin splints and surgery on my foot prevented me from being anything special. 5'10 , 180 lbs
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:48 AM   #18
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Soccer.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:53 AM   #19
Shogon Vendetta
Decent playground baller

Shogon Vendetta has an OK reputation so far

Anyone here that says basketball(NBA level, anyways... probably even overseas) is full of ****. College, I could buy that. Pro? Haha.
Shogon Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:56 AM   #20
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon Vendetta
Anyone here that says basketball(NBA level, anyways... probably even overseas) is full of ****. College, I could buy that. Pro? Haha.
Not everyone means NBA, there are pro leagues in other countries that are an option to decent, not superstar, players.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:40 AM   #21
DCL
NBA lottery pick

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

i believe i could have been one of the greats in midget tossing.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:43 AM   #22
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCL
i believe i could have been one of the greats in midget tossing.
I love it when someone shares my bad sense of humour.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:55 AM   #23
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far

Pros are SO good. I was an undefeated amateur boxer and pretty darn good, and I sparred against pros all the time.

One was this guy named Jeff Lanas, who took Roberto Duran to split decision and many though he won, but basically was a journeyman fighter (10/1/88)

http://www.latinosportslegends.com/s...ing_record.htm

This guys, YEARS out of shape (that fight was in 1988, I was sparing him 1997 and 1998), was unbelievable. I could NOT hit him with anything.

I guess going from a split decision with Roberto Duran to me within a decade is quite a drop-off.

And that was that guy. But I sparred a bunch of Olympians and other professionals that were younger, like David Diaz, but nobody compared with Lanas.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:54 PM   #24
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxSuperStar
Pros are SO good. I was an undefeated amateur boxer and pretty darn good, and I sparred against pros all the time.

One was this guy named Jeff Lanas, who took Roberto Duran to split decision and many though he won, but basically was a journeyman fighter (10/1/88)

http://www.latinosportslegends.com/s...ing_record.htm

This guys, YEARS out of shape (that fight was in 1988, I was sparing him 1997 and 1998), was unbelievable. I could NOT hit him with anything.

I guess going from a split decision with Roberto Duran to me within a decade is quite a drop-off.

And that was that guy. But I sparred a bunch of Olympians and other professionals that were younger, like David Diaz, but nobody compared with Lanas.

You were a super middleweight? How tall are you?
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:00 PM   #25
Borat
very niiice

Borat has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!
I was 6' when I was 11 years old, so I was only ever trained as a PF/C, because all of my coaches thought I would be around 6'10 and fill out. I didn't put on weight, can't bulk up, stopped growing at about 6'8" (maybe a little under), but I played in the Australian CBA, suited up for a couple of NBL games, but I can't play SF as I have no handles, inconsistent jumper, no bulk, so like I said, checkers for me Play the hand you are dealt, you can always love the game and play vicariously through others.

If true, you are the best player on this board.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:03 PM   #26
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I was always skilled in sports, just never all that athletic. I was great in Junior High, made most of the sports teams (basketball, soccer, football, track, lacrosse). Then I get to high school and I was still one of the more skilled guys out there, but I was just completely outclassed in speed, strength, flexibility, jumping, just everything. Didn't make squat.

I'm probably in my physical prime, or at least getting pretty damn close to it. And I'm 135 ****ing pounds. :
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:08 PM   #27
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If I took them seriously and trained hard... baseball or tennis.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:12 PM   #28
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I seriously, seriously doubt more than one person on this forum has/had the potential to play professional sports. I don't think you guys realize how hard it is.

In summer league this year there were a couple of guys that had been released from independent ball or pro systems, and they ran the show of what's supposed to be one of the best summer leagues in North America. I currently play college baseball and if I bust my ass maybe one day I'll play indepedent ball or something. Which brings me to how ridiculously difficult it is to be a pro in any sport.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:16 PM   #29
Borat
very niiice

Borat has an OK reputation so far

true, thats why 2 game NBL guy would be the best on the board. NBL is a very high level with several ex NBAer's having played or still playing.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:21 PM   #30
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdsunite
Agreed........
At 5'8, 150 lbs i wasnt really given the physical tools to be a professional athlete. Maybe a Jockey, but all the glory goes to the horse so screw that.
Played highschool basketball, hockey, soccer but thats a long ways from professional. Sometimes we overlook how great these athletes are. For example, when i was at the pinacle of my hockey playing days a fringe pro hockey player, Harold Druken, came to do a camp with my team and no one on our team could even get the puck away from him let alone compete on the same level. These pros that we idolize are amazing human specimens, and are more rare then rocket scientist. And seriously how many rockey scientist do you know.
Peace

Well, being 5'8 you could've managed in a sport like soccer, where height doesn't really matter, as long as you have the skills. The greatest soccer player of all times was 5'6...
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: