Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-20-2007, 07:19 AM   #1
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default At your physical and mental prime...

...what sport could you have realistically been a professional in?
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:30 AM   #2
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: At your physical and mental prime...

Rugby maybe? I used to be pretty damn good at it, had very high Rugby IQ combined with a good body type for the game, and had a lot of potential to go further in the sport at least up to the National team if I stayed with it, but unfortunately a hip injury slowed my career down in the end. No regrets though.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:32 AM   #3
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

None whatsoever.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:44 AM   #4
nerdsunite
Decent playground baller

nerdsunite has an OK reputation so far

Agreed........
At 5'8, 150 lbs i wasnt really given the physical tools to be a professional athlete. Maybe a Jockey, but all the glory goes to the horse so screw that.
Played highschool basketball, hockey, soccer but thats a long ways from professional. Sometimes we overlook how great these athletes are. For example, when i was at the pinacle of my hockey playing days a fringe pro hockey player, Harold Druken, came to do a camp with my team and no one on our team could even get the puck away from him let alone compete on the same level. These pros that we idolize are amazing human specimens, and are more rare then rocket scientist. And seriously how many rockey scientist do you know.
Peace
nerdsunite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:47 AM   #5
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm 6'8", 200lb with a heart condition that prevents me doing weights, so I would have to say maybe checkers
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:48 AM   #6
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

I probably could have been on the bench of a first division team for a few yearsin Germany had I dedicated everything towards that goal from age 12 onwards. I didn't and I'm glad I didn't.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:38 AM   #7
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretik32
None whatsoever.

hear hear
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:46 AM   #8
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Track -- anything sprint-related. I was very fast around 18-25 years old, and am still very fast (though slightly slower) at 29, mostly due to about 20 pounds of extra weight. And of course age.

Possibly basketball (CBA or foreign league). It's hard to tell, because I've played (and gotten the better of) many D1/CBA/foreign players over the years in summer leagues and such, but you never know how that would translate.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:59 AM   #9
Vragrant
National High School Star

Vragrant is considered somewhat coolVragrant is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Track -- anything sprint-related. I was very fast around 18-25 years old, and am still very fast (though slightly slower) at 29, mostly due to about 20 pounds of extra weight. And of course age.

Possibly basketball (CBA or foreign league). It's hard to tell, because I've played (and gotten the better of) many D1/CBA/foreign players over the years in summer leagues and such, but you never know how that would translate.

Yeah I'm the same age as you and I agree there is a slight decline in some areas.

I was amazing at soccer could have went far.

I'm still as quick and explosive as I was in high school (I'm the same weight), but I don't have as much hops as I used to. I used to be able to dunk but not anymore.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:03 AM   #10
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Boxing, I was extremely good at it, when I got into my teens my biggest problem was trying to stay in my weight class, which I just couldnt do. I wanted to stay at the 178lbs limit, but by the time I was 16 I shot up to 205lbs, Im too short (6"1) to be a heavyweight but that's where my natural weight would place me. From what I've learned, your walk around weight should be within 5lbs of your fighting weight so being anything but a heavyweight wouldnt work.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:06 AM   #11
Vragrant
National High School Star

Vragrant is considered somewhat coolVragrant is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
Boxing, I was extremely good at it, when I got into my teens my biggest problem was trying to stay in my weight class, which I just couldnt do. I wanted to stay at the 178lbs limit, but by the time I was 16 I shot up to 205lbs, Im too short (6"1) to be a heavyweight but that's where my natural weight would place me. From what I've learned, your walk around weight should be within 5lbs of your fighting weight so being anything but a heavyweight wouldnt work.

Maybe you should have dropped to cruiserweight? The limit for cruiserweight is 200 now, but that probably wasn't the case when you were coming up. Its not a lucrative division but maybe you could have hanged around there who knows.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:06 AM   #12
lurch67
Caution: Adult Content

lurch67 has decent reputation

Baseball. I was actually looked at by a Marlins scout when I was in Babe Ruth League. But our crapy highschool didnt form a baseball team until two years after I graduated.
lurch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:11 AM   #13
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vragrant
Maybe you should have dropped to cruiserweight? The limit for cruiserweight is 200 now, but that probably wasn't the case when you were coming up. Its not a lucrative division but maybe you could have hanged around there who knows.

I wanted to be a middleweight, my favorite boxer ever was the Marvelous one, so If I couldnt be a super middleweight, I wasnt going to do it.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:15 AM   #14
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Basketball. I'm 6'5 180 pounds, so def. tall enough to be a guard. My game has improved leaps and bounds. However, it's only recently that I put any work into it, and I'm 25 years old, so my talents aren't going to take me anywhere
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:25 AM   #15
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

maybe baseball...or the equivalent to triple "a" basketball
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: