Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-19-2007, 11:46 PM   #1
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Utah AK Trades-Houston/Chicago

Hmmn, Ive just seen two reasonably solid trades IMO and wonder what Houston and Chicago fans would feel (jazz fans, feel free to chip in your negative comments. ****ing Morons, mormons )

First off, Chitown
Ak (13.7 mil) for Noc and Noah (10.7mil)
This Presumes that AK would be playing the 4 (which is wehre he is awesome - utah before last year, Russian team this summer). Not necc. an inside presence, but it would allow a very solid defensive team to maybe get out and run a little? Regardless of last season hes still got lots of offense (outside of a midrange jumper - shot 48% or so last year, his worst year)

Houston

Houston trades Shane Battier, Luther Head, Rafer Alston and Bob Sura's expiring contract to Utah for AK 47 and Ronnie Brewer

well?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:04 AM   #2
lurch67
Caution: Adult Content

lurch67 has decent reputation
Default Re: Utah AK Trades-Houston/Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
Hmmn, Ive just seen two reasonably solid trades IMO and wonder what Houston and Chicago fans would feel (jazz fans, feel free to chip in your negative comments. ****ing Morons, mormons )

First off, Chitown
This Presumes that AK would be playing the 4 (which is wehre he is awesome - utah before last year, Russian team this summer). Not necc. an inside presence, but it would allow a very solid defensive team to maybe get out and run a little? Regardless of last season hes still got lots of offense (outside of a midrange jumper - shot 48% or so last year, his worst year)

Can't trade Noc until Dec. Might also have to include a third player from Bulls-say Duhon to round out the contracts. Chi would want a draft pick since giving up 3 for 1.

Chi: gets AK47, Second round pick
Utah:gets Noc, Noah, and Duhon

Bulls look something like this
Hinrich/Curry
Gordon/Thabo
Deng/Griffen/Khryapa
AK47/Thomas
Wallace/Smith/Grey

Not to bad if ever could be done. Bulls bench takes a big hit though.
Utah is winner in that situation IMO.

Houston

Houston trades Shane Battier, Luther Head, Rafer Alston and Bob Sura's expiring contract to Utah for AK 47 and Ronnie Brewer

well?
my .02 in bold
lurch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:20 AM   #3
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

you are over-valuing AK
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:23 AM   #4
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

hmmn, interesting. I had forgotten the re-up for Noc. Still a player of AKs ability, playing in a situation where he is the first 4-5 option on the floor. If hes happy he is awesome, even while moping he was a game changer and hustle athlete with intelligence. That D would be freakin sick. Noc is solid, but not really a 4. Ak thrives at the 4 and is versatile enough to guard the 2-5. Add that to deng 2-3 wallace in the paint..... Not inside points necessarily (although he is a very solid finisher), but just hustle and run. All those fools can run and they should take advantage of it.

I do agree that the bench is weaker, but how much??
Old 09-20-2007, 12:26 AM   #5
Classic
Kids at the park dunk on me

Classic has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

First off, Chitown

Houston

well?

As a Houston fan, I like the addition of the player but not the contract. As a Utah fan, I wouldn't do it as we all remember Rafer and Luther's playoff series against the Jazz. They didn't show up. So probably a no go for both teams.
Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:29 AM   #6
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
you are over-valuing AK
did you watch any of the euro games!? also, his D and effort can thrive in an uptempo system. When he is playing with inspiration and getting satisfaction from his role he is really a very strong player. He is one of the few 5 tool players in the league. He can guard almost every position, is a terrific boarder, shot blocks like a fool, pretty solid offensive player (and very good around the basket). long (and strong and gonna get the friction on ....with another woman once a year:) ) athletic and a smart player (angles and such).

I do agree the original trade may be a little steep towards Utah, but I would counter that you are over-valuing Noah. and a solid shooting hustle player...
Old 09-20-2007, 12:31 AM   #7
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic
As a Houston fan, I like the addition of the player but not the contract. As a Utah fan, I wouldn't do it as we all remember Rafer and Luther's playoff series against the Jazz. They didn't show up. So probably a no go for both teams.
can you imagine battier as the starting 3 in utah!? He would be excellent as a solid defender, and killler stroke. Rafer's role in the playoffs last year was ****ed up. Not the type of player Utah may want, but still.

You dont think head and deron wouldnt be excellent playing with each other again? Just bring back Dee and we're ready to role, trade those new *****es.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:35 AM   #8
lurch67
Caution: Adult Content

lurch67 has decent reputation

We lose a lot of versatility. Curry wont be as good in the back court rotation yet. Its nice having the combo guards. Noc is our 6th man: Best at the 3, but can fill in if needed at the 4. Chicago's already weak in depth at center, thats why I shifted Smith into the backup center slot (Noah would have at least been a body). This also helps with getting TT minutes, crucial to his developement.
lurch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:42 AM   #9
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

AK has a huge contract, which means 3 max players on one team. Honestly, I rather have Shane. He's a better shooter and just as good, if not better one-on-one defender. Although, I wouldn't be mad if AK47 ended up in Houston.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 01:24 AM   #10
Classic
Kids at the park dunk on me

Classic has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
can you imagine battier as the starting 3 in utah!? He would be excellent as a solid defender, and killler stroke. Rafer's role in the playoffs last year was ****ed up. Not the type of player Utah may want, but still.

You dont think head and deron wouldnt be excellent playing with each other again? Just bring back Dee and we're ready to role, trade those new *****es.

Well, I was hypothetically speaking as a Jazz fan. I'm sure Utah would benefit from the trade. But Houston I don't think would do it. McGrady is getting like 19 mil, Yao like 15 mil and then Ak would be 12-16 mil. I don't think Ak is worth his contract so Houston Brass prolly wouldn't go for it.
Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 01:48 AM   #11
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

First off, Chitown

Houston

well?

First off, i dont think nocioni can be traded. If i remember, free agents have to wait a certain amount of months before they can be traded again...but if it were possible, i wouldnt pull the trigger if i were chicago. AK has a big contract and they may want to sign their other young players in a few yrs. I think nocioni is a valuable player and what he provides is great D and better offense than AK.

Houston trade not too bad for either side. I think its pretty even. I think battier would be a better fit than AK in utah because he is the model role player.

I think another possible trade to consider wuld be AK for boris diaw, raja bell. I think AK would be a good fit w phx and diaw is not too important to them. i think bell would help utahs shooting guard needs and help defensively.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 02:09 AM   #12
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

ill pass. we have a extremely solid team right now. the only trades i would see is for low tier players
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:22 PM   #13
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by wTFaMonkey
ill pass. we have a extremely solid team right now. the only trades i would see is for low tier players
your frontcourt could still use some shoring up. your 4 rotation is a 6'5" hustle guy (who I love) and a very solid international player who may or may not have an immediate impact on the team. AK could play the 4 (its probably his best position), allowing memac to start at the 3 and more playing time for bonzi, francis james, etc ( which I think would work well in an adleman system, esp with pointforward mac on the scene). That 2-4 would be so versatile (wells, mac AK) and would kill on the boards.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:55 PM   #14
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
your frontcourt could still use some shoring up. your 4 rotation is a 6'5" hustle guy (who I love) and a very solid international player who may or may not have an immediate impact on the team. AK could play the 4 (its probably his best position), allowing memac to start at the 3 and more playing time for bonzi, francis james, etc ( which I think would work well in an adleman system, esp with pointforward mac on the scene). That 2-4 would be so versatile (wells, mac AK) and would kill on the boards.

FIRST AK would get dominated in the west by the likes of boozer, elton, tim if he plays the 4, bad idea

SECOND why would we trade our best 3 point shooter when we NEED shooting. makes no sense

THIRD i would put wells at SF instead of shooting guard.
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:40 AM   #15
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What about a trade with NY. Something like AK for Quentin Richardson, Malik Rose and whatever filler needed (Like Fred Jones or Dan Dickau). Q can play the 3 so Harpring can stay the 6th man and Rose expirers next year so they can save money.

Last edited by El Kabong : 09-21-2007 at 02:42 AM.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: