Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-05-2007, 01:07 PM   #1
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Preseason questions and predictions.

Everyone post the biggest questions you have about this upcoming season. Could be about anything - who will win the scoring title, how a certain player will mesh with others, which team(s) will be big surprises in a good or bad way, etc.

Also in this thread, feel free to predict the answers to other posters' questions.

When responding to other posters' questions, PLEASE try to give reasons for your answers instead of just stating an opinion and turning this into a run-of-the-mill prediction thread. I'm hoping the thread will inspire better conversation than that.

I'll start with a few questions:

-Steve Francis. After some rough times in Orlando and New York, is he going to be focused enough to accept a smaller role on the Rockets for the benefit of the team? If so, will this improve his decision-making at all? The last year Steve Francis played for Houston, they made the playoffs and Francis averaged 19/8/7 in five games. How will Francis fare in Houston?

-Will Ricky Davis be traded? If so, to what team and for whom?

-Who will be this year's impact rookie that surprises most fans?

-How large an improvement will we see from Brandon Roy and Randy Foye?
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:17 PM   #2
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Preseason questions and predictions.

Quote:
-Steve Francis. After some rough times in Orlando and New York, is he going to be focused enough to accept a smaller role on the Rockets for the benefit of the team? If so, will this improve his decision-making at all? The last year Steve Francis played for Houston, they made the playoffs and Francis averaged 19/8/7 in five games. How will Francis fare in Houston?
I still believe in Steve Francis. I think he'll be a positive contributor and the Rockets will make at least the second round. I think he'll be more at ease this year than he ever has, because Tmac will finally be able to relinquish the scorer's role altogether and enter Pippen mode, distributive mode, and let Francis and Yao match him in scoring. Francis not being expected to be a distributor anymore will allow him to flourish.

Quote:
-Will Ricky Davis be traded? If so, to what team and for whom?
who cares? Ricky Davis sucks. before you disagree: what is he good at? exactly. case closed. on another note, he's the worst 2k7 player EVER.

Quote:
Julian Wright. Don't ask me for a reason, I don't have one, it's just a snap judgement and my snap judgements serve me pretty well so I've learned to trust em. just don't act surprised when I'm right.

Quote:
-How large an improvement will we see from Brandon Roy and Randy Foye?
I don't know anything about Foye but I think Roy will be a Joe Johnson-level player next year (top 20 or so) and eventually will get to the lower end of the top 15.

Foye is another guy who sucks in 2k7. slowest release ever, always gets blocked. it sucks, cause I love playing as the Twolves because player locking to KG is just ridiculous with all the steals, blocks and dunks you get, but then I got useless *****s like Foye and Davis who can't drive or get a shot off and it's frustrating.

2k7 is on my mind too much- I didn't play it all summer, not even one game, then I get to college and my roomates friends always want to play so I end up going for 3 hours at a time sometimes.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:25 PM   #3
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
I still believe in Steve Francis. I think he'll be a positive contributor and the Rockets will make at least the second round. I think he'll be more at ease this year than he ever has, because Tmac will finally be able to relinquish the scorer's role altogether and enter Pippen mode, distributive mode, and let Francis and Yao match him in scoring. Francis not being expected to be a distributor anymore will allow him to flourish.
What you've proposed sounds like a really good arrangement. I'm just hoping that Adelman sees it that way instead of trying to have Francis distribute to keep McGrady's scoring higher. I really want for Francis to succeed, but I'm really cautious in my hope for it to happen.
Quote:
who cares? Ricky Davis sucks. before you disagree: what is he good at? exactly. case closed. on another note, he's the worst 2k7 player EVER.

I care. Mostly because I'm a huge Wolves fan. If I didn't live in Minnesota, it'd be like Corey Maggette to me. Couldn't really care less what happens to Maggette right now. And Davis is good at pretty much exactly one thing: the 19-foot jumper straight on. If he was somehow restricted so that he couldn't shoot from that spot, he'd be entirely useless.
Quote:
Julian Wright. Don't ask me for a reason, I don't have one, it's just a snap judgement and my snap judgements serve me pretty well so I've learned to trust em. just don't act surprised when I'm right.
I think Wright will end up being much more valuable than his draft position, but I think it'll take at least two years for it to happen.
Quote:
I don't know anything about Foye but I think Roy will be a Joe Johnson-level player next year (top 20 or so) and eventually will get to the lower end of the top 15.

My initial reaction is to say that that's too big a jump for Roy to take in a year, but his situation isn't as unstable as a lot of other young players. I suppose it could happen. I still see him scoring fewer than 20 points per game, though. Probably like 18. I think Foye will be slow to come into his own as long as Minnesota forces him to play point guard.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:07 PM   #4
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
before you disagree: what is he good at?
Putting the basketball in the hoop, and he's an above average passer at the 2.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:13 PM   #5
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble

Chuck Thou NBA has decent reputationChuck Thou NBA has decent reputation

Ricky Davis. He has that 60s style look going for him. Kind of like Clyde Frazier style beard and mustache. So that's what he's good at, looking retro. Oh yeah and he can shoot.
Chuck Thou NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:20 PM   #6
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Putting the basketball in the hoop, and he's an above average passer at the 2.

He just can't shake his rep. that he had in Cleveland as a "hot dog." He's not that guy anymore. He's matured and is a solid role player who can get you 15-18 PPG
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:21 PM   #7
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

My biggest question is how will the Knicks progress through the season?

They come together as a group and they are a playoff team; they play as a bunch of guys lumped together and they're a lottery team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaKF
Morris Almond. He'll be Utah's starting SG by December and will be second on the team in scoring.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:23 PM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Will Bynum contribute in double figures in points per game and rebound at least 9 rebounds a game?

Will Kobe give 110% of his effort?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:26 PM   #9
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Will Bynum contribute in double figures in points per game and rebound at least 9 rebounds a game?
He has a shot with the points but no way on the rebounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Will Kobe give 110% of his effort?
Yes, but he will still play "Kobe-ball" instead of playing smart and executing the Triangle like he did at the start of last season.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:31 PM   #10
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Dengness9 is considered somewhat coolDengness9 is considered somewhat cool

I can't really comment on Ricky Davis because i really could care less. I am open to give prediction's but all 4 of the things in the original post are so non exciting i can't even begin. Here's what i am looking forward to...

1. Chicago Bulls having seriously legit chances of going to the finals. A team that has grown together unlike any other NBA team besides the Spurs. I think the Pistons are on the decline, Boston is too old, Cavs did absolutely nothing to better their roster, and Toronto and New Jersey arent as skilled or as deep the Bulls. AND I'm Definitely not worried about the HEAT.

2. What is going to happen to Kobe? He is the best player in the league and so many things could happen this year for him in relation to heading out of LA.

3. Durant and Oden and a few other Rookies from this draft. I am anxious to see if they can really have serious impacts in 07-08.

4. Is this the year the Suns can finally dethrone the Spurs? It should have been last year but Horry cheapshotted Nash, and the NBA bogusly suspended Amare and Diaw which threw the series for Phoenix.

5. Is the East gonna be any better than last year with Rashard Lewis, Zach Randolph, Ray Allen, and Kevin Garnett coming over from the West. I don't think by much, but a little bit. West should still win the finals. If anyone wins it out East it's gotta be Chicago or Detroit.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:32 PM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
He has a shot with the points but no way on the rebounds.

Yes, but he will still play "Kobe-ball" instead of playing smart and executing the Triangle like he did at the start of last season.

I think Bynum averaged 6 boards last season.

He can average more this year. 9 is to completely surprise me but I think he will get better at it.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:37 PM   #12
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

What if cleveland pulled of the trade of the century and got kobe and lebron on the same team.

Lebron would put up like 20 10 and 10

kobe would put up like 33 8 and 6

cavs would kill any team brave enough to play them.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:38 PM   #13
Da KO King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
What if cleveland pulled of the trade of the century and got kobe and lebron on the same team.

Lebron would put up like 20 10 and 10

kobe would put up like 33 8 and 6

cavs would kill any team brave enough to play them.
Until they reach the playoffs anyway...
Old 09-05-2007, 02:39 PM   #14
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What if you posted a realistic prediction or question and, barring that, realized Bryant + James + trash doesn't even win a chip next year?
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:40 PM   #15
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Until they reach the playoffs anyway...
as long as they had a solid center, and they would because LA doesn't want Z...

It would be like

Z
Marshal
LeBron
Kobe
Snow

contenders?
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: