Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-03-2007, 05:53 PM   #31
adamcz
Bucks fan

Default Re: Kobe to NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon
If the Lakers insist on getting Deng in a trade package....then NO Tyrus Thomas, NO Hinrich and NO Gordon.
Why? There is only one Kobe Bryant on earth, and he's the best perimeter player on the planet? Why be picky about what it takes to aquire him, as long as you're better after the trade than before it?

You need an elite player to win a ring, and Kobe's one of the few that qualify.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 05:56 PM   #32
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

Default Re: Could Kobe get to the Knicks eventually?

1. The Bulls can put together the best package next summer with real talent remaining on the team to compliment Kobe.
2. The Bulls are Kobe's preferred destination.

Put the two together and Chicago is the likely place.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 06:00 PM   #33
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
You need an elite player to win a ring

2004 pistons proved that wasn't true.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 06:02 PM   #34
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath

name another team besides the Pistons that have pullled that off, though.........
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 06:03 PM   #35
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
-Leader of the team, undisputed difference maker
I feel like this would be the case on any team except San Antonio or Cleveland.
Quote:
-Likely contend, or at least advance in the playoffs.
Lots of teams would be as likely to contend as NY if they had Kobe. Perhaps all teams?
Quote:
-Big market $$$
I've got to think that this is what it comes down to. I know he wants to win, but as long as he's got NYC on his list above Milwaukee or Memphis, you know he's not fully committed to putting winning first.

Milwaukee could offer Yi+Redd, which is better than anything NY could offer, and would leave Kobe with Williams/Simmons/Villanueva/Bogut, which is also better than what NY would have left after moving pieces for Kobe.

Memphis could offer Conley+Gay+Warrick (+Swift and Cardinal for salar) which is also better than anything NY can offer, and still have Gasol/Miller/Darko/Stoudamire left over. That's a much better team than what NY would have.

Heck Portland could give the Lakers Aldridge+Roy, and still leave Kobe with Oden+Frye. That'd be more of a gamble on Kobe's part, but I think a ring would be more likely there with a dominant center than in NY.

Old 09-03-2007, 06:05 PM   #36
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

If NY gets a top 3 pick this year I could see them putting a deal together for Bryant. Otherwise, forget it, unless Kupchak and Buss both lose their minds.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 06:08 PM   #37
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

If the Lakers wait too long to trade him, then they aren't gonna get equal value and they gotta keep the Staples Center sold out on a nightly basis. Fans aren't gonna pay out thousands of dollars for a courtside seat to see Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum. Learn from Philly's mistake. If you're up in the air about as to whether or not to keep/deal him, you might as well do it now while he still has prime years left. Also, he wants out and championship teams--hell, even teams that enjoy some measure of success, don't have disgruntled employees running around and poisoning the air.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 06:09 PM   #38
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

Quote:
I've got to think that this is what it comes down to. I know he wants to win, but as long as he's got NYC on his list above Milwaukee or Memphis, you know he's not fully committed to putting winning first.

Milwaukee could offer Yi+Redd, which is better than anything NY could offer, and would leave Kobe with Williams/Simmons/Villanueva/Bogut, which is also better than what NY would have left after moving pieces for Kobe.

Memphis could offer Conley+Gay+Warrick (+Swift and Cardinal for salar) which is also better than anything NY can offer, and still have Gasol/Miller/Darko/Stoudamire left over. That's a much better team than what NY would have.

Heck Portland could give the Lakers Aldridge+Roy, and still leave Kobe with Oden+Frye. That'd be more of a gamble on Kobe's part, but I think a ring would be more likely there with a dominant center than in NY.

Actually, it's not just about the players currently in place in NYC or elsewhere. It's also about that teams ABILITY to put the players in place. Isaiah Thomas has proven to be aggressive...he also drafts well. Players want to be in NYC. It's just a great city and the biggest stage.

Your trade of Yi+Redd blows. I kinda like that Memphis trade though.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:09 PM   #39
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
No they didn't. When something happens once in 20 years it proves that there are exceptions to every rule.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:10 PM   #40
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
Your trade of Yi+Redd blows.
Compared to what NY can offer?? Ok go ahead and accept Jamal Crawford + QRich then.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:20 PM   #41
Poseidon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLS
Lol, big men really matter with Hinrich, Gordon, and Kobe? That team would easily win the title.

Not to mention that Tyrus Thomas is better than any big man the Lakers and about 15-20 other teams have on their roster right now.
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 06:22 PM   #42
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
I feel like this would be the case on any team except San Antonio or Cleveland.
Lots of teams would be as likely to contend as NY if they had Kobe. Perhaps all teams?

Well of course, I mean, not many superstars want to play on Memphis or Portland so yea going to a big market helps. Besides Memphis and Portland are both in the West where your chances of getting far are a lot slimmer. If Lakers were trading Kobe though...I'd take those two offers in heartbeat.

Hes talked about how much loves to play in the garden, how he loves NY. Isiah will go the distance too. He'll do anything to get Kobe and he'll do anything to build a championship team around him. That's commitment. He's been ultra aggressive in trying to build a winning team already.

The reason I dont think money plays a big role in it because he will be leaving 25 mil if he does opt out (which he will do if Lakers dont trade him).

Last edited by hotsizzle : 09-03-2007 at 06:33 PM.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 06:28 PM   #43
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

Quote:
Compared to what NY can offer?? Ok go ahead and accept Jamal Crawford + QRich then.

those aren't the only options, as you well know.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:46 PM   #44
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
hotsizzle, you're a Lakers fan right? Why did Kobe make a list of big market teams? Why not just all the teams that could contend with him there? It seems like it's still about the money for him - why not tell the Lakers that he'd like to go to any team that has either A: another superstar, or B: 2 other all-star level players?

He has to be capable of looking at NY's roster and knowing what they'd be after they move a few pieces for Kobe.
actually this was addressed by what's his name the addidas shoe guy (his name escapes me right now arrggg) kobe probably has like most athletes, that sign with nike or addidas a stipulation that they get paid more if they play in a major market..

oh sonny vicaro is the guys name....lol

but your question does fuel the question, if kobe wnts to win so badly why choose teams that could not offer him any better a chance than he has now? surely a team like san antonio or detroit possibly dallas offer better chances at a ring then chi town or NY...

and forgive me knicks fans, but what in the last few years does kobe see to suggest that the knicks front office is any better than LA's?
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 06:53 PM   #45
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
If the Lakers wait too long to trade him, then they aren't gonna get equal value and they gotta keep the Staples Center sold out on a nightly basis. Fans aren't gonna pay out thousands of dollars for a courtside seat to see Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum. Learn from Philly's mistake. If you're up in the air about as to whether or not to keep/deal him, you might as well do it now while he still has prime years left. Also, he wants out and championship teams--hell, even teams that enjoy some measure of success, don't have disgruntled employees running around and poisoning the air.
i feel the lakers if they don't move him now they are better off letting him walk... to be honest they will never get true value correct? so instead of taking on a bunch of contracts that don't help the team why not let kobe walk and have that 23 million dollars off the books and go shopping on their own?...
in two years if kobe walked the lakers would have a roster with about 42 million in cap space...that's alot of room to make moves with
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: