Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-03-2007, 08:52 PM   #31
otmtheshank
Good High School Starter

otmtheshank has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Andrew Bogut

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
It looks like Vlade's best season was his 6th season in 94-95, when he put up 16 (50%)/10.4/4.1 with 2.2 blocks.

Vlade's 2nd year was 11.2 (56%)/8.1/1.1 with 1.5 blocks
Bogut's 12.3/8.8/3.0 is a little better than that, but Vlade was a better shot blocker. It took Vlade until his 4th season to get the assists going like Bogut. His stats that year (12.8/8.9/2.8) are nearly identical to what Bogut did last year.

Great comparison and as close as you can probably get to Andrew - I don't necessarily think that Andrew will be better than Vlade was in his prime, but I think he can sustain what Vlade did during his best year for a longer period of time. I could see Bogut laying down 16/10/4 for 8 years in a row instead of just once. That would be right in line with the other side of my prediction - that he'll be the kind of guy who makes the allstar team during years when Dwight Howard or whoever is injured, and does a lot to help his team win.

I agree with pretty much all of this. Bogut definately has a shot at putting up Divac-like numbers. He has similar scoring and passing abilities, along with Divac's uncanny ability to draw charges. I doubt Bogut will ever reach 2 bpg, but I can see Bogut becoming a very capable defender with his quick feet, great hands, and a willingness to play physical, which will hopefully improve as he matures.
otmtheshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 11:57 PM   #32
gsw21
I hit open layups

gsw21 has an OK reputation so far

He can't be a bust after only two years putting up those decent numbers.
gsw21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:29 AM   #33
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

he needs to stretch his range to make him effective... he's got decent range and guard-like abilty... a 3pt shot would make him a weapon and excel his game... and what seperates him from players like Bargnani is his ability to play both inside and outside... and his unselfishness...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:37 AM   #34
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Apparently because i'm Australian I have to root for the guy, but that doesn't change the fact I think he's a cocky prick.

Why would Milwaukee need Bogut shooting 3's when they have Michael Redd and Charlie V who can do that? I think they'd probably want at least one player who plays inside.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:46 AM   #35
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

I like the way he plays a lot. He is a traditional center and a legit 6'11" player. There aren't many good traditional centers in the game...the few that come to mind are Shaq, Tim Duncan and a few others.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:20 AM   #36
GOBB_Junior
Banned

GOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected posterGOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected posterGOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected poster

I am a very huge Andrew Bogut fan i can see the guy being an NBA ALL STAR in the NBA in the near future. Yi and Bogut will definitely become of the most anticipated young frontline in the NBA.

Bogut just need to stretch out his game and improve in developing a consistent low post scoring.
GOBB_Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:33 AM   #37
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
Apparently because i'm Australian I have to root for the guy, but that doesn't change the fact I think he's a cocky prick.

As a fellow Australian, I completely agree. The general concensus among NBA fans that I know (or knew before I left) is that they can't stand the guy due to his arrogance, but support him because it is the aussie thing to do.
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:20 AM   #38
kidachi

He's a bust..... his stats are for late 1st round picked players.
they should've picked chris paul in '05 and drafted corey brewer, julian wright or brandan wright this year. would've been great. IMO.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:21 AM   #39
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
You just wait until he appears on some sort of special celebrity edition of Thank God You're Here and bites the head off of Shane Bourne. . .
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:02 AM   #40
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
You just wait until he appears on some sort of special celebrity edition of Thank God You're Here and bites the head off of Shane Bourne. . .

....and then sets fire to Rove...
Old 09-04-2007, 08:05 AM   #41
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick

Diesel J has decent reputationDiesel J has decent reputation

He doesn't impress me at all.Living in Ny,I've seen some his games vs the Nets/Knicks an he seemed very soft.He's not even as good as Nene Kristic from the Nets IMO.
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:09 AM   #42
AtTheDriveIn
04'

AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel J
He doesn't impress me at all.Living in Ny,I've seen some his games vs the Nets/Knicks an he seemed very soft.He's not even as good as Nene Kristic from the Nets IMO.

Nenad was averaging nearly 17 points, and 7 rebounds for the Nets. I think to use Nenad as a 'He's not even better than..' is a pretty bad example of 'bad' centers in the NBA.

Also, since I live in Australia. Andrew Bogut is good. He's an ass. But he's good. That's all I'm going to say on this matter. He also has lame looking hair.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:14 AM   #43
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
Also, since I live in Australia. Andrew Bogut is good. He's an ass. But he's good. That's all I'm going to say on this matter. He also has lame looking hair.

Now looks like Tong Po from "Kickboxer"
Old 09-04-2007, 08:17 AM   #44
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

The thread starter obviously has no idea what he's talking about. To call Andrew Bogut a bust is rediculous. He didn't even put up bad numbers. 12/9/3 on 55% shooting isn't bad for a 2nd year center. Gadz and Jake arn't really players that one should worry too much about when it comes to playing time. Both of them are stiffs and will probably share about 15 minutes a game at the center position while Bogut gets the rest at center. Charly V will be a decent player but Bogut won't lose minutes to him because V is a PF. And if anyone's gunna lose minutes to Yi, it'll probably be V. If i was the coach, I'd have a starting front court of Yi, V, and Bogut. Very promicing and a big front court. Yi has the athleticism needed for the 3.

Bogut... a Bust? That's laughable. Utterly hilarious.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:20 AM   #45
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
he needs to stretch his range to make him effective... he's got decent range and guard-like abilty... a 3pt shot would make him a weapon and excel his game... and what seperates him from players like Bargnani is his ability to play both inside and outside... and his unselfishness...

Why the f*ck does he need to develope a 3 point shot? The bucks are already loaded with outside shooters and also, Bogut is a center, not a swing man. I never agree with a 3 point shooting center. It's so unecessary.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: