Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-04-2007, 12:36 AM   #46
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation
Default Re: Top 10 Passers

AI, T-Mac and no LeBron???!!!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:12 AM   #47
haji_d_robertas
Good High School Starter

haji_d_robertas has an OK reputation so far

I was just talking to BULLS and he wanted me to pass this message on to you guys, since he's got way too many more important things to do.

"There's no way Jason Kidd is athletic enough to pass in today's NBA. He's from a weak era and his assists are inflated. leave the real passing to the athletic freaks of today's game of basketball like Kobe Bryant."

I'll pass your thanks on to BULLS.
haji_d_robertas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:44 AM   #48
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

20 Dimes A Game has an OK reputation so far

T-Mac over Chauncey?
C'mon sort it out....
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:46 AM   #49
disco
Great young streetballer

disco has no real reputation yet.

We're talkin about passing here? Not how complete the players are? If yes, where is Andre Miller?
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:13 PM   #50
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Copperhead has decent reputationCopperhead has decent reputation

According to 82games.com, these are the Passing Ratings of the players mentioned in this thread.

Nash-22.3
B. Davis-16.7
C.Paul-16.1
J.Kidd-15.1
D.Williams-14.9
T.J. Ford-14.8
A. Miller-13.4
Billups-12.5
Wade-10.3
Iverson-10.2
Marbury-10.0
McGrady-8.7
L. James-8.3
Webber-5.0

Again, this is just from a stats point of view. By just watching Webber I'd think he'd rate higher than a 5.0.
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:43 PM   #51
PK3434
Good Golly!

PK3434 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_blue
i think billups should be lower than 10

I agree...I think that Billups is an excellent player but he pulls his dribble back on fast breaks instead of making a transition pass. This was noticeable in the Tournament of Americas...The wing players obviously liked playing with Kidd and Williams more...

I think Marcus Williams of the Nets has great court vision and is a very good passer....He's only going into his second year so he can't be top 10 yet but by the end of his career he will be top 3.
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:50 PM   #52
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK3434
I agree...I think that Billups is an excellent player but he pulls his dribble back on fast breaks instead of making a transition pass. This was noticeable in the Tournament of Americas...The wing players obviously liked playing with Kidd and Williams more...

I think Marcus Williams of the Nets has great court vision and is a very good passer....He's only going into his second year so he can't be top 10 yet but by the end of his career he will be top 3.
This is once again a very interesting point. Is Billups thought of as a worse passer because he makes the right play damn near every time? Shouldn't that be thought of as a positive thing? It seems flash > consistency has become the criteria for ranking passers.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:59 PM   #53
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
It seems flash > consistency has become the criteria for ranking passers.
Apparently, yeah. Sad.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 05:08 PM   #54
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Even in your list though, Baron Davis and Iverson over Billups? Not to say the only question comes down to who would you rather have running your offense, but it has to play a part. And that's where it gets difficult to differentiate between that and the flash (AKA peak passing skill) of other guys like the two I just mentioned.

I suppose everyone has their own criteria, I just find it odd that there aren't many at all who choose the safe, smart passer over the wild, brilliant, mistake-prone one.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 05:15 PM   #55
disco
Great young streetballer

disco has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead
According to 82games.com, these are the Passing Ratings of the players mentioned in this thread.

Nash-22.3
B. Davis-16.7
C.Paul-16.1
J.Kidd-15.1
D.Williams-14.9
T.J. Ford-14.8
A. Miller-13.4
Billups-12.5
Wade-10.3
Iverson-10.2
Marbury-10.0
McGrady-8.7
L. James-8.3
Webber-5.0

Again, this is just from a stats point of view. By just watching Webber I'd think he'd rate higher than a 5.0.

I'm not saying that stats are always right, because they aren't, but interesting that at least from 1 to 7 I pretty much agree with the list.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 05:25 PM   #56
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

Lebron is getting robbed here, he is easily better than McGrady and arguably better than Wade and Iverson too.

Also Billups is much too low.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: