Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-04-2007, 02:55 AM   #46
GOBB_Junior
Banned

GOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected posterGOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected posterGOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Why are you people so shocked to discover that Lebron is really good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
The reason nobody hears a peep out of Mavs fans is because next to nobody saw or gave a damn about the game. That plus the fact so many of the bandwaggon Mavs fans have not been seen since the first round of the playoffs ended.

Mavericks Fans and Dirk Nut Huggers

Last edited by GOBB_Junior : 09-04-2007 at 02:57 AM.
GOBB_Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:56 AM   #47
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick

Diesel J has decent reputationDiesel J has decent reputation
Default Re: Why are you people so shocked to discover that Lebron is really good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
The reason nobody hears a peep out of Mavs fans is because next to nobody saw or gave a damn about the game. That plus the fact so many of the bandwaggon Mavs fans have not been seen since the first round of the playoffs ended.

Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:09 AM   #48
raid09
Local High School Star

raid09 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
i dont know if you guys knew this but...the 3 point line is shorter

So instead of a 3-point shot going for him he has a midrange game now? Sweet.
raid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:14 AM   #49
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonterry
I hope you're not considering a career where logic plays a role in your job.
If GSW disagreed they wouldn't have employed the Nowitzki rules of doubling and tripling him whenever he had the ball and making the other Mavericks beat them. If they disagreed, they would have left him wide open and focused on guarding Josh Howard, Jason Terry etc but they didn't, because they obviously knew that shutting down Dirk and making the other guys beat them was the only way to beat Dallas. They obviously knew that Josh Howard and jason terry could only muster up at best 20ppg even while being completely wide open most of the time.

Oh boy, here we go again...as if Dirk didnt get the same attention other superstars get.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:35 AM   #50
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation

I have to admit when he came into the league I predicted Carmello being a much better NBA player but Lebron is the man. I thought he was overhyped but he has lived up to the hype and then some. I really appreciate his game and if I had a choice of the big three in his class, I would take him in a heartbeat. He is playing at such a high level for his age and with that great work ethic he will definately improve.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:09 AM   #51
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
i dont know if you guys knew this but...the 3 point line is shorter

International 3 point line has ALWAYS been closer than the NBA three. Back in the 90's, the standard was 23' 9" for an NBA three AT ITS DEEPEST, meaning it wasn't a circular line, it was actually deeper in some spots. The international line was 22" all the way around, an even circle.

The NBA tried moving the line to the international spot, and suddenly guys like Terry Mills, Cliff Robinson, etc. were threats from outside.

I believe they moved it back out after a few seasons.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:48 AM   #52
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

20 Dimes A Game has an OK reputation so far

Because imo he overshadowed Kobe in Team USA....
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:03 AM   #53
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation

I think its fair to say he is no Michael Redd.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:19 AM   #54
WADE MONEY
I hit open jumpers.

WADE MONEY has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
Then you have people with certain agendas who really could care less about the truth as long as they can use negativity against a player they dislike.

No irony there at all. No sir.

WADE MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:11 AM   #55
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

Geewiz,

good post.

I think it's because alot of cats on ISH have short term memory and they like to blow things to huge levels after one or two games.

Example, when a team starts the season hot, after like say, 7 games. Threads on ISH starts popping up about them being the best in the league and they're locked for the title. Or if someone gets outplayed by someone once, suddenly they're trash.

What happened to Lebron was he faced a monster defensive team in the Spurs, and he had a crap supporting cast, so he shot really bad in the Finals, and suddenly everyone exaggerated and thinks Lebron has like Shaquille Oneal/Dwight Howard shooting range.

Kinda like how so many people on ISH labels Dirk a career choker and all that based off the fact the Heat came back from 0-2 to beat his team (the choking labels were there before the golden state series this year), even though Dirk has more playoffs success as the #1 man than anyone else in the league not named Duncan/Shaq. Even though Dirk has had more playoff success than probably Iverson, KG, Pierce, Arenas, Vince Carter, Tmac, combined. (ok maybe not combined but Dirk has more than all of those guys signficantly)

People on ISH just jump to conclusions and blow things up.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:51 AM   #56
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Real Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
Kinda like how so many people on ISH labels Dirk a career choker and all that based off the fact the Heat came back from 0-2 to beat his team (the choking labels were there before the golden state series this year), even though Dirk has more playoffs success as the #1 man than anyone else in the league not named Duncan/Shaq. Even though Dirk has had more playoff success than probably Iverson, KG, Pierce, Arenas, Vince Carter, Tmac, combined. (ok maybe not combined but Dirk has more than all of those guys signficantly)
Iverson made the Finals too, and he didn't choke like a dog when he got there.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:59 AM   #57
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
To reply to my own post, Cleveland really should plan for the 2010 offeason. It's a fact that they won't be good before then, so they should just sign role players to two and three year deals, and have absolutely nothing on the books past then. Lebron will only be 26/27 at that point, and they can take a shot at aquiring Dwyane Wade or Bosh (didn't they sign identical contracts to Lebron with an opt out that year?). How did they back themselves into this corner?

The dangerous part of that plan is that Lebron becomes unrestricted at that time. If a big media market has the cap space available, I'd expect him to move on. Of course, clearing cap space would still be a good idea in that scenario as well.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:00 AM   #58
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Iverson made the Finals too, and he didn't choke like a dog when he got there.

1: Dirk didn't choke in the finals, he choked against GS though.

2: The finals run was impressive. Too bad every other year Iverson gone out in the first round or got pounded in a one sided second round series. Dirk has more playoffs success than Iverson, that's that.

BTW, I specifically explained why Dirk didn't really choke against Heat in a post with detailed backings, and not one person replied to dispute.... instead they went around that post and continue to call Dirk a choker.. I mean go ahead, I'm not even a Dirk fan, but it's just how ISH is.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:27 PM   #59
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
after the finals where he went 3-27 outside the paint, who would expect this much improvemt in so little time???
no. no no no you're completely missing the point.

your post suggest that Lebron's Finals performance is his median play. and it's obviously not. he got shut down by one of the greatest defenses ever and had no help whatsoever from his teammates. and he was cold.

he didn't improve- his Finals performance was an anomaly. compare his Finals performance with what he did the rest of the playoffs, and the last 2 years. I'll take 2 years of good play vs. one series against a great defense any day as far as judging a player goes.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: