Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2007, 07:17 PM   #31
RoseCity07
NBA Legend
 
RoseCity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Portland
Posts: 19,100
RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Why are you people so shocked to discover that Lebron is really good?

I just think I hate on Bron sometimes because he is over hyped. He hasn't done anything yet, hasn't won a ring. His jumper is pretty ugly looking and there is no way he will ever change it.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:21 PM   #32
bomber
Good college starter
 
bomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,650
bomber has decent reputationbomber has decent reputation
Default Re: Why are you people so shocked to discover that Lebron is really good?

Just because his team sucks and the Spurs are a dynasty he got under rated. He rebounded nicely during the FIBA games.
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:27 PM   #33
GOBB_Junior
Banned
 
GOBB_Junior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mars
Posts: 445
GOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected posterGOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected posterGOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Why are you people so shocked to discover that Lebron is really good?

Lebron James is the best player in the NBA right now, Do you watch the FIBA Americas Tournament RoseCity107? Lebron James is the best 3 pts. shooter in that tournament.

Last night he impressed me alot with the proper coordination he is showing with his jumpshoots. If Bron can continue his stroke in the next NBA Season i am telling you right now he will definitely win his 1st of many NBA Regular Season MVP Award.
GOBB_Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:28 PM   #34
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northeast OH
Posts: 6,103
Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Why are you people so shocked to discover that Lebron is really good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
This thread made me look up Cleveland's salary situation... they really are in a hopeless situation. Earliest they'll have cap space is 2010, so there's no way they can wait for it. They also don't have any players they could package to aquire a 2nd all star. I don't understand at all how they expect to put good players around Lebron.

I feel like as basketball fans, we're getting jipped. The best player of his generation, and we have to watch him with Larry Hughes and Zydrunas Ilgauskas? Does anybody see a plausible solution?

How do you figure? After the 2008 season, Marshall, Gooden, Snow, and DJ come off the books at a round about figure of about $15 million off our cap? Not 2010. Add that to the fact that Z, or Larry could potentially retire before then. Z because of age, Larry because of age, and injuries. We could very well have a very productive off season that year. And the best part is, Lebron doesn't come off the books until the following season, so we have one last chance to convince him to stay. (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...cavaliers.html)

And regarding your comment about Hughes and Z... Hughes is a joke, I"m not going to argue that.

But Z is still a hell of a center, he's just not used properly. His minutes, and number of touches constantly drop each year. He gets plenty of touches in the first quarter and then doesn't get to play in the 4th when Mike Brown sticks Andy out there to screw things up.

He's easily one of the top 10 centers in the league, if not top 5.

This is just more of that negative perception bs because of his contract being so big. But he's worth every penny.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:36 PM   #35
raid09
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,445
raid09 has decent reputation
Default Re: Why are you people so shocked to discover that Lebron is really good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
I just think I hate on Bron sometimes because he is over hyped. He hasn't done anything yet, hasn't won a ring. His jumper is pretty ugly looking and there is no way he will ever change it.

Great post. I mean, he's SO FAR into his career already, and we all expected him to win a ring by now, especially with that AMAZING supporting cast of his. It's not like he made it to the finals and got contained with no decent second option by a defensive monster, or swept by a dynasty. Furthermore, his jump shot will NEVER change. He's obviously to far into his career to develop his game, and have any of you watched the FIBA games? Elbow's out, jumping back, low percentages...
raid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:36 PM   #36
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!
 
LBJ 4 MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,652
LBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Why are you people so shocked to discover that Lebron is really good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
He's easily one of the top 10 centers in the league, if not top 5.

Mathius
Shaq
Yao
Dwight
STAT
Camby
Ben Wallace
Eddy Curry

all of them are ahead of Z, but yeah Z is a top ten center.
LBJ 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:41 PM   #37
YAWN
NBA All-star
 
YAWN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 9,346
YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Why are you people so shocked to discover that Lebron is really good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB_Junior
Lebron James is the best player in the NBA right now, Do you watch the FIBA Americas Tournament RoseCity107? Lebron James is the best 3 pts. shooter in that tournament.

Last night he impressed me alot with the proper coordination he is showing with his jumpshoots. If Bron can continue his stroke in the next NBA Season i am telling you right now he will definitely win his 1st of many NBA Regular Season MVP Award.

YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:41 PM   #38
raid09
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,445
raid09 has decent reputation
Default Re: Why are you people so shocked to discover that Lebron is really good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ 4 MVP
Shaq
Yao
Dwight
STAT
Camby
Ben Wallace
Eddy Curry

all of them are ahead of Z, but yeah Z is a top ten center.

Call me bias, 'cause as a Cavs fan I'm tired of seeing Z's slow ass run up and down the court, and I can't believe how much he is payed, but I think I'd take all these guys before Z (off the top of my head):

Beidrins
Yao
Okur
Camby
Stoudamire
Howard
Shaq
Wallace
Curry
Kaman
Chandler
raid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:27 PM   #39
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northeast OH
Posts: 6,103
Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Why are you people so shocked to discover that Lebron is really good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ 4 MVP
Shaq
Yao
Dwight
STAT
Camby
Ben Wallace
Eddy Curry

all of them are ahead of Z, but yeah Z is a top ten center.

I disagree with a few of those. As good as Camby and Wallace are on D, Z is light years ahead of them on offense. I think it's a fair trade off. Camby is not so bad, but Wallace is like playing 4 on 5 on the offensive end. Z's defense is ok. Not fantastic. He's never had the athletic ability to be a dominant shot blocker.

Eddie Curry is getting there, but I think he is arguable as well. All the rest you mentioned are better, but Z is catching up to Shaq as Shaq declines because of age and injuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raid09
Call me bias, 'cause as a Cavs fan I'm tired of seeing Z's slow ass run up and down the court, and I can't believe how much he is payed, but I think I'd take all these guys before Z (off the top of my head):

Beidrins
Yao
Okur
Camby
Stoudamire
Howard
Shaq
Wallace
Curry
Kaman
Chandler

See my mention above, but there is also no way Beidrins is better than Z, or Chandler, or Kaman. Sure, I would take a lot of those players before Z, simply because of age, but Z is better right now. He's also better than what you've seen the last couple of years, because he isn't being utilized.

Watching Kareem or Ewing hobble down court the last couple of years of their career wasn't pretty either, but they could still get the job done. Not that I think Z is as good as Kareem. In his prime? Maybe close to Ewing, but that's another argument as I think Ewing is one of the most overrated centers in recent memory.

Mathius

Last edited by Mathius : 09-03-2007 at 08:35 PM.
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:44 AM   #40
jasonterry
Banned
 
jasonterry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,156
jasonterry has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why are you people so shocked to discover that Lebron is really good?

Because Lebron isn't a top 2 player, and it is idiots like GeeWiz and his idiotic threads like this that make intelligent people hate Lebron james. He's hitting wide open shots against mediocre squads, period. meanwhile Dirk put up 35 11 and 5 on Czech republic today but you don't hear a peep out of Mavs fans, because we already know he's the best player on the planet.
jasonterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:45 AM   #41
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star
 
IGOTGAME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,417
IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Why are you people so shocked to discover that Lebron is really good?

after the finals where he went 3-27 outside the paint, who would expect this much improvemt in so little time???
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:49 AM   #42
hotsizzle
Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: WINNING!
Posts: 9,848
hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Why are you people so shocked to discover that Lebron is really good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonterry
Because Lebron isn't a top 2 player, and it is idiots like GeeWiz and his idiotic threads like this that make intelligent people hate Lebron james. He's hitting wide open shots against mediocre squads, period. meanwhile Dirk put up 35 11 and 5 on Czech republic today but you don't hear a peep out of Mavs fans, because we already know he's the best player on the planet.

GSW would disagree.

And yea what IGOTGAME said...Lebron was horrendous outside the paint for most of the playoffs. He had no confidence in his J at all.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:53 AM   #43
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated
 
Kblaze8855's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: I love me some me.
Posts: 12,832
Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Why are you people so shocked to discover that Lebron is really good?

The reason nobody hears a peep out of Mavs fans is because next to nobody saw or gave a damn about the game. That plus the fact so many of the bandwaggon Mavs fans have not been seen since the first round of the playoffs ended.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:17 AM   #44
jasonterry
Banned
 
jasonterry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,156
jasonterry has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why are you people so shocked to discover that Lebron is really good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
GSW would disagree.

And yea what IGOTGAME said...Lebron was horrendous outside the paint for most of the playoffs. He had no confidence in his J at all.

I hope you're not considering a career where logic plays a role in your job.
If GSW disagreed they wouldn't have employed the Nowitzki rules of doubling and tripling him whenever he had the ball and making the other Mavericks beat them. If they disagreed, they would have left him wide open and focused on guarding Josh Howard, Jason Terry etc but they didn't, because they obviously knew that shutting down Dirk and making the other guys beat them was the only way to beat Dallas. They obviously knew that Josh Howard and jason terry could only muster up at best 20ppg even while being completely wide open most of the time.
jasonterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:29 AM   #45
brandonislegend
Old School Cool
 
brandonislegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,726
brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Why are you people so shocked to discover that Lebron is really good?

i dont know if you guys knew this but...the 3 point line is shorter
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:30 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy