Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-02-2007, 08:35 PM   #16
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Why did Coack pick Mike Miller over Durant?

Mike Miller is a better defensive player, passer, shooter, and has years of NBA level experience.

Coach K must be crazy, you're right.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 08:37 PM   #17
chopchop20
Local High School Star

chopchop20 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Hindsight 20/20. Stop it. Why did the Sixers draft Shawn Bradley over Penny Hardaway? Smarten up chopsuey

It's not hindsight -- a blind man could see that Durant is a better fit for this team than Mike Miller.
chopchop20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 08:39 PM   #18
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop20
It's not hindsight -- a blind man could see that Durant is a better fit for this team than Mike Miller.

So, a question mark when playing against pros, is better then someone who's been in the pros for a while and is coming off a damn good season? Not to mention, that Miller is also a far SUPERIOR shooter, something this team was lacking in previous competitions?

Since Miller made it, it's obvious the coaching staff thought he was a better fit, and I doubt many people disagree with that with how the squad is playing and Mille reven hitting his shots
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 08:41 PM   #19
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

How? Based on what? We're not talkin about who you would draft. We are talkin about who is the better player and would have fit. Mike Miller as mentioned came off a nice year that went unnoticed. He's a versatile player who has a better all around game than Durant right now. He is also more POLISHED & EXPERIENCED. Durant weaknesses (right now as a rookie) are Mike Miller's strengths.

And you didnt hear reports...you pulled that out of your ass because you saw how weak your argument. Oops you didnt present one. You're playing make believe. I'd like to see articles where it said Durant was the 2nd best player in camp. I'm not registered to Latimes.com. Post please, thanks.

Last its also hindsight that you mention Mike Miller contributed nothing therefore Durant could have either be in his place doing the same if not produced (which you claim he magically would have). You're only creating this thread NOW after the fact. If Mike Miller had a better showing this topic doesnt exist and you're playing 360 online with some kid name kikyoazz07

Last edited by GOBB : 09-02-2007 at 08:43 PM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 08:45 PM   #20
chopchop20
Local High School Star

Quote:
How? Based on what? We're not talkin about who you would draft. We are talkin about who is the better player and would have fit. Mike Miller as mentioned came off a nice year that went unnoticed. He's a versatile player who has a better all around game than Durant right now. He is also more POLISHED & EXPERIENCED. Durant weaknesses (right now as a rookie) are Mike Miller's strengths.

And you didnt hear reports...you pulled that out of your ass because you saw how weak your argument. Oops you didnt present one. You're playing make believe. I'd like to see articles where it said Durant was the 2nd best player in camp. I'm not registered to Latimes.com. Post please, thanks.

Last its also hindsight that you mention Mike Miller contributed nothing therefore Durant could have either be in his place doing the same if not produced (which you claim he magically would have). You're only creating this thread NOW after the fact. If Mike Miller had a better showing this topic doesnt exist and you're playing 360 online with some kid name kikyoazz07

This move has been the babershop topic for weeks. I'm not the only one who was puzzled by this.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:46 PM   #21
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

skillswithaz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
This move has been the babershop topic for weeks. I'm not the only one who was puzzled by this.
ooh nice! you just OWNED Gobb
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 08:47 PM   #22
chopchop20
Local High School Star

Obviously I'm talking to some basketball novices here. Anyone who's seen Durant play knows that he could have provided some valuable low post scoring and interior defense.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:50 PM   #23
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Obviously I'm talking to some basketball novices here. Anyone who's seen Durant play knows that he could have provided some valuable low post scoring and interior defense.

Since when was Durant an interior defender? Low post scorer?

This was the topic in barbershops? Its so off it leads me to believe...

...this is where you got your hair cut.

-"Hey chopchop, this is snipsnip dont let deze h@taz fool ya man!"

Last edited by GOBB : 09-02-2007 at 08:52 PM.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:51 PM   #24
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Oh my
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 08:54 PM   #25
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Maybe he means Greg Oden?

-"I bring interior defense and low post scoring. Maybe he was talkin about me?"
Old 09-02-2007, 08:54 PM   #26
chopchop20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Since when was Durant an interior defender? Low post scorer?

This was the topic in barbershops? Its so off it leads me to believe...

...this is where you got your hair cut.

-"Hey chopchop, this is snipsnip dont let deze h@taz fool ya man!"

Ok, obviously you've never watch Durant play. So there's nothing left for me to say.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:55 PM   #27
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Ok, obviously you've never watch Durant play. So there's nothing left for me to say.
The guy can't bench 170lbs, how is he going to defend the post bro?
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:00 PM   #28
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

skillswithaz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I've watched Durant play...

In the summer league when he couldn't even provide interior defense and post scoring...

In fact I believe even in college, he could rebound a little and shoot from everywhere on the floor because he was taller than everyone else. Mike Miller is a much better 3 point shooter, better defender, much better passer, and the rebounding is close because Durant can't bang around in the paint like he did in college, while Miller can.

Team USA needed a spot up shooter for Lebron, Melo, or Kobe to kick it out to. Durant isn't that player, Miller is.

It's not about who is the better player, it's about who is the better fit for the team.
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:04 PM   #29
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:

Find me footage of Durant scoring in the low post. And I gurantee when you search you'll uncover what kind of player, what kind of game Kevin Durant has.

And the notion he is an interior defender is laughable. He never guarded the opposing teams best big man. He was always positioned on the opposite side.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:14 PM   #30
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

let's try looking at this:

Durant
-hasn't played a single NBA game
-NOT a "interior defender" despite what chopchop says
-used to being the #1 option

Miller
-experienced NBA professional
-adjusts easily to coming off the bench-see 6th man award
-better off ball movement
-can play the 1,2,3
-previous USA basketball experience
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote