Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-02-2007, 09:55 PM   #16
AllNBAArenas
Decent playground baller

AllNBAArenas has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: thank Goodness Dwayne Wade is out, AND STAY OUT PLEASE

Wade is a fantastic player but why would the USA want to mess with the current chemistry?
AllNBAArenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:05 PM   #17
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX

Wade is not a "complete" player. But guess what? Not many after Magic Johnson can claim they are. Where Wade lacks a consistent jumper, he makes up for it with his chin-to-rim mentality and strong help d. How can you say every team he's on falls apart and THEN cite the Heat? Yeah, that championship... yeah..

Please... with Magic's bad defense, you can say Stockton, Payton, Jordan, or even Kobe are more "complete" players than Magic.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:05 PM   #18
mark
Great young streetballer

mark has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
Redd put in 14.4 ppg on 53% shooting, hit 45% from beyond the arc, and was not a defensive liability. He did his job fine.

And hopefully Wade gets injured so he can't be on the 08 Olympic squad.

yeah I guess that Redd did shoot the lights out, especially from 3 in the last game, I should say second to last one yesterday. He did have somewhat of a shooting slump for a game or two, but my question is Redd vs. Paul Pierce or Vince Carter. I think that Redd did fall into that role player position well. Lets just stick to keeping Wade as far away from China as possible, but it wont happen unfortunately. Man LeBron was phenomenal. I think that Redd fits in well also, Mike Miller sucks, Tyson Chandler was more of a souvenier at the end of games, and Deron Williams, well you cant really blame a team composed of gifted pointguard like Kidd, and backup as strong as Chauncey Billups. Lets just say this

Paul Pierce and cut Mike Miller
Kevin Garnett and cut Tyson Chandler.
Vince Carter and ummmmm not sure where to go there, probably Deron Williams. Redd did play great, one of the leading scorers on the team, just think that Vince may be better at the international level.
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:07 PM   #19
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllNBAArenas
Wade is a fantastic player but why would the USA want to mess with the current chemistry?
i agree , not sure why all the wade hate but to each his own...

as for chemistry, the truth is the team we watched the past week or so is not locked in per se, injuries and other outside influences can change the roster fairly quick..i know colangelo wanted players who would commit to the team so i'm sure it's fairly close to what we'll see next year but i'm sure there will be some changes...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:07 PM   #20
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark
Redd did play great, one of the leading scorers on the team, just think that Vince may be better at the international level.

You don't know what the hell you're talking about. If anything Michael Redd is the biggest additon to this year's team. For years and years people have said Team USA needed a knock 'em down, make 'em pay deadeye shooter.

Vince over Mike Redd? Mike Redd isprobably the key difference between 07 and 06's team.... this is no diss to Kobe, who's easily one of the top two players on the team, but team usa needed three point shooter, and mike redd is one of the best at it.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:13 PM   #21
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Paul Pierce and cut Mike Miller
Kevin Garnett and cut Tyson Chandler.
Vince Carter and ummmmm not sure where to go there, probably Deron Williams. Redd did play great, one of the leading scorers on the team, just think that Vince may be better at the international level.

Paul Pierce is definately not going to play in 08. His addition to the 06-08 national team roster was a media redemption.

Kevin Garnett isn't even on the roster, and expressed no interest in playing for USA again.

Vince Carter is not on the roster either. Vince played well in 2000 and 2003, but he's not what the team needs right now.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:15 PM   #22
dhenk
Why do you care?

dhenk has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Yeah if Miami was smart they'd surely release him or trade him for expirers

Boston needs a Backup PG..
dhenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:31 PM   #23
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I can't see Pierce ever playing for Team USA ever again.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:42 PM   #24
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
but look at how the Bulls blew out the Heat in the playoffs when he came back.
But look at how he was playing on an arm that needed sugery...
Quote:
A selfish ballhog, that will never measure up to true NBA talent.
That made me laugh out loud. The Wade hatred will never end.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:47 PM   #25
Shogon Vendetta
Decent playground baller

Shogon Vendetta has an OK reputation so far

This thread is pretty much stupid but in terms of Wade being on the Olympic squad, he's right.

There's absolutely nothing that Wade would be doing right now for Team USA that we don't already have that's being done better by someone else.

In fact, I'd say that him getting minutes would basically hinder the team. He doesn't truly have a long range shot... and we're not playing the 1 on 1 game. So why else do we need him? He's not a special defender. He's not a great passer.

The answer is... we don't need him. While he is undoubtedly an infinitely superior player, Mike Miller & Michael Redd are better fits for the team we have.

Kobe, LeBron & Carmelo are better in every facet of the game as long as they continue to play like they have. So why do we need Wade? We don't.

Just like we don't need Brand or Bosh. If we had all 3 of those guys, I guarantee you, flat out guarantee... that we wouldn't have done as well during the Americas as we did. Probably would have still won gold. But all those blowouts? No chance.
Shogon Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:52 PM   #26
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
Please... with Magic's bad defense, you can say Stockton, Payton, Jordan, or even Kobe are more "complete" players than Magic.
I personally believe Magic's defensive woes, along with Larry's, were overblown. That's not the point though. My point was responding how Wade has a gap in his offensive game, so I'm trying to say, so does almost every superstar (including TD, Kobe, etc). So to use that point as a reason to dismiss Wade as a player is stupid. Do you not agree with that?
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:56 PM   #27
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

You can make a good argument Wade doesn't help USA's chemistry as they already have plenty of Slashers (Lebron being the most elite). But you have to give him props, when he's out there, he works his ass off. He's out there saving balls going out and trying to stay in front of his man on d. It's not like he's Vince'n it.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:58 PM   #28
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
He's not a great passer.
Pardon?
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:59 PM   #29
AllNBAArenas
Decent playground baller

AllNBAArenas has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon Vendetta
This thread is pretty much stupid but in terms of Wade being on the Olympic squad, he's right.

There's absolutely nothing that Wade would be doing right now for Team USA that we don't already have that's being done better by someone else.

In fact, I'd say that him getting minutes would basically hinder the team. He doesn't truly have a long range shot... and we're not playing the 1 on 1 game. So why else do we need him? He's not a special defender. He's not a great passer.

The answer is... we don't need him. While he is undoubtedly an infinitely superior player, Mike Miller & Michael Redd are better fits for the team we have.

Kobe, LeBron & Carmelo are better in every facet of the game as long as they continue to play like they have. So why do we need Wade? We don't.

Just like we don't need Brand or Bosh. If we had all 3 of those guys, I guarantee you, flat out guarantee... that we wouldn't have done as well during the Americas as we did. Probably would have still won gold. But all those blowouts? No chance.

You fuggin hit it out of the park with this post. And I am pretty sure Coach K feels the same way.
AllNBAArenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:35 AM   #30
JeanPaulGaultier
I airball my layups

JeanPaulGaultier has an OK reputation so far

The main problem with Wade is his shot from outside sucks. Anyone who watched FIBA knows how important it is to be able to knock down the outside shot when you got the chance. Second thing is Wade relies a lot on ticky-tack calls from refs while in FIBA they let you play and you gotta earn your calls. That said, I still think Wade is a baller hopefully he can expand his game, improve his shooting, and stop being such a ***** whenever there's contact. He's too good for that. I'd give Wade the greenlight to go cause he can still get to the rack at will and could provide the scoring punch we need off the bench.
JeanPaulGaultier is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: