Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-17-2007, 11:45 AM   #16
Bigboi450
I airball my layups

Bigboi450 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Wes Unseld, dumbest GM of all time?

Jalen went to Chicago with Travis Best and a rookie guard that got waived after a few games. They sent Artest, Brad Miller, Kevin Ollie and Ron Mercer.

Kupcake traded a future All-Star defensive minded-scorer in Caron Butler plus Chucky Atkins to Washington for Kwame Brown who could possibly be jobless in the next year or two.
Bigboi450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:46 AM   #17
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

elz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtrdff
*Cough* Isiah
*Cough* McHale
*Cough* Baylor

Ainge ain't far behind!
before Garnett?! Which saved his Job!

He traded Antione Walker twice and got nothing in return both times
Once for Raef Lafrentz and Bobby Jackson. Then said it was Walkers poor shot selection but Raef is a 3pt shooting Center! Go figure
He traded Joe Johnson!!!!! and Kept John Forte!
He gave Mark Blount a 50 million dollar contract!!!!
He fought to Bring in Brian Scallabrine for 2.5 mill a yr and bragged about the Scallabrine effect after he signed him
He traded Ricky Davis for Wally Sczerbiak. He hated Ricky Defense so he traded for a inconsistent shooter with no cartilige in his knees!
He brought back Rick Fox who retired on us.
drafted Jerome Mioso
there's more but
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:43 PM   #18
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Scott Layden was pretty bad. He left Isiah Thomas an extremely expensive, old, and untalented team...Thomas hasn't done well with it since but it always seemed to me that Thomas was keeping up the status quo in NY, going for big names to make waves in the media while paying less heed to how much they will really help and what they make.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elz
Ainge ain't far behind!
before Garnett?! Which saved his Job!

He traded Antione Walker twice and got nothing in return both times
Once for Raef Lafrentz and Bobby Jackson. Then said it was Walkers poor shot selection but Raef is a 3pt shooting Center! Go figure
He traded Joe Johnson!!!!! and Kept John Forte!
He gave Mark Blount a 50 million dollar contract!!!!
He fought to Bring in Brian Scallabrine for 2.5 mill a yr and bragged about the Scallabrine effect after he signed him
He traded Ricky Davis for Wally Sczerbiak. He hated Ricky Defense so he traded for a inconsistent shooter with no cartilige in his knees!
He brought back Rick Fox who retired on us.
drafted Jerome Mioso
there's more but
Ainge had nothing to do with Johnson and Forte, they're Chris Wallace's picks from before Ainge was hired. Also, Wallace kept Kedrick Brown, not Forte...I have no idea what happenned to Forte, he pretty much disappeared after his rookie season. Ainge didn't draft Moiso either.I don't see why getting Fox back would upset you when he was part of the trade for GP and was only brought in to make money match. The first Walker trade brought in, directly and indirectly, Delonte West and Tony Allen. Blount, Scalibrine, and sending Davis to Minnie weren't good deals but I'm not sure about that 50 mil you think Blount got.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 12:00 AM   #19
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Scott Layden was pretty bad. He left Isiah Thomas an extremely expensive, old, and untalented team...Thomas hasn't done well with it since but it always seemed to me that Thomas was keeping up the status quo in NY, going for big names to make waves in the media while paying less heed to how much they will really help and what they make.

Ainge had nothing to do with Johnson and Forte, they're Chris Wallace's picks from before Ainge was hired. Also, Wallace kept Kedrick Brown, not Forte...I have no idea what happenned to Forte, he pretty much disappeared after his rookie season. Ainge didn't draft Moiso either.I don't see why getting Fox back would upset you when he was part of the trade for GP and was only brought in to make money match. The first Walker trade brought in, directly and indirectly, Delonte West and Tony Allen. Blount, Scalibrine, and sending Davis to Minnie weren't good deals but I'm not sure about that 50 mil you think Blount got.
It's funny when you mention all that about Wallace and he still got the head job in Memphis. I always laughed at the Kedrick Brown and Forte dealio because one of those picks was from Denver and if he had of waited one more year it would have been the #5 pick (Which Denver used on Nikoloz Tskitishvili ) and he could have gotten someone like Amare Stoudamire. But, they had a hard-on for Brown.

I didn't mind the LaFrentz trade simply because I had liked the guy since he was a rookie, but his knees were shot and he had a horrible contract. I remember Forte played with Seattle and he got axed because of attitude problems.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 12:12 AM   #20
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

Elgin Baylor has had a lot of bad luck. The Clippers have the cheapest owner and Shaun Livingston and Elton Brand got injured. The Bulls have made some dumb trades like trading Elton Brand and Eddy Curry(they got Joakim Noah LOL!!!)
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:38 AM   #21
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Wes Unseld, dumbest GM of all time?
That depends - did he sign a player to a contract in an illegal manner which ensured that the team lost the player and five first round draft picks?
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 02:44 AM   #22
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
Richmond and Strictland were pretty good back then.

that's an understatement... Strickland is probably the best passer in the league at that time... Richmond would just rain on you all day long... and what's the point of keeping 2 PF with no experience on your team?
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 03:03 AM   #23
hippos
Banned

hippos has decent reputation

o, i, joterr than wes unsle.f
hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 07:24 AM   #24
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetriangle
From what I remember, this guy traded a young Sheed for an old Rod Strickland and a young CWEBB for an old Mitch Richmond so that his Washington Bullets could "Win now".

Does anyone remember his GM career in detail?
Every single one of Unseld's questioned youth trades was done at the request of Abe Pollin.

Webber was traded after a woman filed rape charges against him and Juwan Howard. Pollin didn't like the negative press and traded them both.

Rasheed was young and displayed flashes of promise but was also a hot head and a free speaker. Again, it was something Pollin felt he couldn't live with.

Alot of these GM's worst moves are done at the request of someone else.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: