Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-15-2007, 10:10 AM   #1
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here
Default So portland's PF issues

Story goes it's not so sure Lamarcus will start at PF, with Frye being impressive so far.

Any thoughts? I think it's kind of hazy what's going on there...

Aldrigde impressed me a lot last year. Frye on the other hand...meeh....
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:47 AM   #2
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: So portland's PF issues

LMA will be starting from day 1. It's great that Frye provides a bit of competition, but everything Frye can do, Lamarcus can do better as well as play D and score inside.

Only reason for frye starting is if LMA's heel is hurt really bad.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:50 AM   #3
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

Phenith has decent reputationPhenith has decent reputation

Joel Freeland all the way!!

But seriously, Aldridge has more skill and upside that Frye. I would say that between Oden, and Aldridge, they should get about 32-35mpg and Frye will clean up about 20-25mpg and Pryz should be traded but may steal some minutes from Frye and Aldridge until he is.
Phenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:53 AM   #4
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

I agree with Phenith.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:11 AM   #5
DaBull
I brick open layups

DaBull has an OK reputation so far

did portland end up signing Josh McRoberts, if so then they are going to be fine with big men.
DaBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:20 AM   #6
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Frye showed some potential, no need to give up on him.

But there are enough minutes to go around between the three of them, so who cares who starts. Whoever plays the best in a certain game gets the most minutes.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:51 AM   #7
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

PF is going to be Aldridge
C is going to be Oden

and Frye will come off the bench
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:57 PM   #8
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

I would go with Aldridge he is a better post player and he and Oden would be a great in the post. Frye would be great off the bench to provide shooting in the post.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:36 PM   #9
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

I think Frye will actually win the job. Oden has no high post offensive game at all. By sticking Frye in there you at least can attempt to go with a Hi-Lo attack with Oden on the low block.

Aldridge doesn't give you that option cause he still is inconsistent facing up from the high post.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:40 PM   #10
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
I think Frye will actually win the job. Oden has no high post offensive game at all. By sticking Frye in there you at least can attempt to go with a Hi-Lo attack with Oden on the low block.

Aldridge doesn't give you that option cause he still is inconsistent facing up from the high post.

I know its only summer lg but LA's jumper looked money from the high post
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:42 PM   #11
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King

if jerome james can you beat you out for a spot playing opposite eddie curry, then starting might not be on the menu for you. wait, isiah coached that team. nevermind. you're probably right. anyway portland fans should be happy to have a young, tall, talented big man nucleus.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:54 PM   #12
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
I know its only summer lg but LA's jumper looked money from the high post
You got to have some tools besides the jumper. Lamarcus doesn't at the moment.

Once teams realize it and start crowding his right hand he'll be ineffective cause he can't beat a defender to the hoop and finish with his left with any consistency.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:54 PM   #13
t-mac#1
I hit open layups

t-mac#1 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBull
did portland end up signing Josh McRoberts, if so then they are going to be fine with big men.

McRoberts will probally won't make the team, I think it was stupid for him to come out of school early.
t-mac#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:33 PM   #14
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
Story goes it's not so sure Lamarcus will start at PF, with Frye being impressive so far.

Any thoughts? I think it's kind of hazy what's going on there...

Aldrigde impressed me a lot last year. Frye on the other hand...meeh....

There are no problems. You dont draft Aldridge that high, trade a 20/10 guy so you can have Charmin Frye start or give you "problems" at the PF on who to start. Unless Charmin Frye improved his defense/rebounding dramatically I'm gonna ask you to get the bleep outta here.

Aldridge starts and there is no questions about it. Bottomline.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:39 PM   #15
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

I still remember the trade "rumor" going around saying Aldridge for Calderon and Raptor fans were saying they wouldn't do it.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: