Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-12-2007, 12:00 PM   #1
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation
Default Juwan Howard wants out

Quote:
Juwan Howard, whom the Timberwolves acquired from Houston in the trade for Mike James,has been on the phone with the Wolves asking that he also be traded now that he won't get the opportunity to play with Kevin Garnett. But at present, the Wolves don't have any plans to trade the former Michigan standout, even though owner Glen Taylor said that some of the veterans might be traded away as the team goes young.

Taylor realizes there is going to be criticism by fans because of the Garnett trade with Boston, but he is willing to take it.

"I'm really willing to take the chance, to step backwards a little bit, so that we can go build with these guys," Taylor said. "... I guess some people rip me, and it's part of leadership. ... When things don't go well, you're going to get criticized. And that's the way I take it, I understand that. I don't know, well I know I don't always agree that's justified, or that it's fair, or that people have all the information. But I do understand the world and that's the way it is. I mean it's just like Terry Ryan is getting criticized now and certainly he's done a great job on a lot of things, you know?"

Well I guess Minny could go all young, but they would still some vets to keep the team on track.

http://www.startribune.com/507/story/1357675-p2.html

Last edited by Rockets(T-mac) : 08-12-2007 at 12:08 PM.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:02 PM   #2
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Juwan Howard wants out

Scrubs can't ask for trades.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:05 PM   #3
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Why would they have no plans to trade him? What kind of retards are they? If I was trying to rebuild and I had an old scrub like him on the team I would have plans to trade him.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:06 PM   #4
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lol, Juwan, come back to Houston! You can be Luis Scola's mentor! LOL.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:10 PM   #5
Rockets(T-mac)

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
Lol, Juwan, come back to Houston! You can be Luis Scola's mentor! LOL.
lol I don't want him back though. He would slow down the tempo.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:15 PM   #6
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He would slow down anything. I think he's the guy I dislike the most in the whole league. Why does he have to be on the Wolves?
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:15 PM   #7
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Does anybody really care what Juwan Howard wants? The guy is one of the richest people in the country. Does he realize this? And he has never, in his entire life, had an impact on a game. Not ever. Not in his best years. Even when he wasn't the liability he is now.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:24 PM   #8
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

Perfect

Package him with a bad contract
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 02:11 PM   #9
Mathius

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
Does anybody really care what Juwan Howard wants? The guy is one of the richest people in the country. Does he realize this? And he has never, in his entire life, had an impact on a game. Not ever. Not in his best years. Even when he wasn't the liability he is now.

You're joking, right? You do realize he's been to the all star game, named to the all nba team, a career 16/7 guy, and even won a frig'n award for outstanding citizenship?

He was averaging 17ppg in his last stop at Orlando. If you ask me, it's the Rockets who ruined him. His numbers dropped as soon as he put on the damn jersey. And I don't think it's a coincidence either, since his mpg dropped by about 10 when he showed up there.

He struggled with injuries midway through his career, but he was a damn fine player.

Did you even see him play in his prime?

I'd love to have him on the Cavs now, although we don't need his price tag. If we unloaded Gooden somewhere, I'd take on his contract.

How ironic that it's you saying this GeeWiz, since some of his best games ever were while wearing Washington Bullets/Wizards jerseys.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 03:22 PM   #10
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

I'd love to have Juwan back in Houston, but I think he deserves more playing time and a bigger role than we could give him right now. We have Chuck and Luis battling for the starting job with the loser of the competition getting about all of the remaining minutes off the bench.

I think he would be a good influence in that Minnesota locker room, but you can't blame, at this point in his career, for wanting to move on and maybe win a ring. I think the Miami Heat should make a run at him (again). Right now, the y have Haslem and Simien at PF. Juwan would be perfect for that team. I know they really can't afford him, either, but maybe if he's bought out?
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 03:28 PM   #11
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool

We'll take Juwan. He can provide leadership, rebounds, and a solid jumpshot. Highly doubt we will though.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 03:29 PM   #12
YaoMacBat11
Decent playground baller

YaoMacBat11 has an OK reputation so far

I'd love to have Howard back, I think he's a great character guy and has very good chemistry with the current Rocket players...If he were to get released than I'd be all for taking him back...He's a good guyto have in the locker room...
YaoMacBat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 04:02 PM   #13
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Juwon is the perfect example of a guy who gets under-rated due to his contract. Before having his career destroyed by Jeff Van Gundy, Juwon's worst seasons were 15 pts/6 rbs and 14 pts/7 rbs. Yet people are in here calling him a career scrub.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 04:05 PM   #14
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Juwan Howard was my favorite player when I was in 7th and 8th grade. I had his Bullets jersey. For some reason, they were my favorite team. I cried when he signed with the Heat. Literally. I thought it was a sign from God when his contract was voided and he came back to the Bullets. I mean, I thought I was God's favorite person. Seriously.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 04:06 PM   #15
Mathius

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Juwon is the perfect example of a guy who gets under-rated due to his contract. Before having his career destroyed by Jeff Van Gundy, Juwon's worst seasons were 15 pts/6 rbs and 14 pts/7 rbs. Yet people are in here calling him a career scrub.

It's always refreshing to have an older poster come in and talk about some of these older players when they've actually SEEN them play.

For the first couple of years in the league, a lot of people actually considered Howard the best of the Fab 5.

He's never been a monster rebounder, but he's always been a solid defender, and a great low post scorer.

Do you remember when the Heat tried to give him AND Alonzo Mourning 100 million dollar contracts, when they didn't even have the cap room? I know there was some kind of violation there.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: