Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-12-2007, 12:18 PM   #1
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here
Default Please don't compare Brand to Barkley

Please don't compare Brand to Barkley. They're nothing alike.

Now Brand is good, but nowhere near Barkley's level. Brand is 6'8, which is the height the for a PF. Barkley is 6'4(listed at 6'6 in the NBA) and is a small forward. Short for a Small Forward. or sometimes a pf...

Barkley was always a good rebounder and usually had averages of 25/12/5 while shooting 55 percent half the time in his career.

Brand hasn't even cracked the 12 RPG mark yet. Brand has only had 1 season where he averaged 24/10/2.

So don't compare Brand to Barkley.
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:33 PM   #2
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Please don't compare Brand to Barkley

Quote:
Please don't compare Brand to Barkley
Ironically, you're promoting the comparison with this thread.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:38 PM   #3
WADE MONEY
I hit open jumpers.

WADE MONEY has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
Please don't compare Brand to Barkley. They're nothing alike.

Now Brand is good, but nowhere near Barkley's level. Brand is 6'8, which is the height the for a PF. Barkley is 6'4(listed at 6'6 in the NBA) and is a small forward. Short for a Small Forward. or sometimes a pf...

Barkley was always a good rebounder and usually had averages of 25/12/5 while shooting 55 percent half the time in his career.

Brand hasn't even cracked the 12 RPG mark yet. Brand has only had 1 season where he averaged 24/10/2.

So don't compare Brand to Barkley.

You haven't given enough valid reasons.

Brand is probably the most similar player to barkley in the league today. Both are undersized power forwards (brand's closer to 6'6 by the way) who can score and grab 10+ rebounds a game. Both play highly physical games and have similar body styles. Sure Barkley's better (I'm sure that's what you're really trying to say), but the reason people are comparing them is because they're similar.

So just because Jordan is superior to Kobe, we can't compare the two? Can't compare wilt to shaq because wilt had more gaudy stats?

let me ask you: Who CAN you compare? Give me a comparison of someone playing today to a player from yesterday. I'd like to see how superior such a comparison would be to Brand-Barkley.

:rollingeyes:
WADE MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:41 PM   #4
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

They're both short but stocky PFs with good face-up and midrange games and they both pass well. They're both very strong and neither player has much impact outside of numbers.

And I'm tired of this "Barkley was six four" bull****. Barkley was an explosive athlete and had the strength and girth that has barely been matched in NBA history. Sure he was SHORT. But he wasn't as "undersized" as he's made out to be. People saying things like, "Barkley played PF with an SG's body." It's bull****. He's barely, if at all, any more undersized than Brand is for the PF spot. You don't block shots and dunk with the top of your head you know.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:04 PM   #5
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far

Barkley is better offensively.
Barkley is better overall.
Brand is a better defender.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: