Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-12-2007, 08:18 AM   #1
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Kobe, T-Mac, Wade, Pierce, Bron, Carter, Arenas, Kobe, Kidd

Get your asses in the gym losers, you are guards, and you cannot shoot threeīs better than 7ī0 footers like Dirk, Memo or even CHRIS FREAKIN WEBBER. You uncoordinated losers are a disgrace to basketball. What you doing in the summer, hangin around searching for the meaning of shark attacks. Disgraceful first round failures with glaring holes in their games, who will once again chuck away at the Olympics, hitting their standard 25%, while getting embarrassed by Greece. These guys are professionals yet Doc Rivers son could hit a higher percentage than they do. Okay, go to work...letīs here it my fellow users, surely nobody can disagree. Fire away.
R.I.P. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 08:26 AM   #2
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Kobe, T-Mac, Wade, Pierce, Bron, Carter, Arenas, Kobe, Kidd

The biggest reason for this is simple:

Dirk does not make as much threes as the players you've listed above (exception of Wade who was injured anyway), nor does he take lots of three pointers in the first place. He's 102nd in the league in three pointers taken and 89th in three pointers made, when all the players you've listed are in the top 55. Another key reason is that since Dirk plays on the perimeter, teams don't dare put a big stiff on him since Dirk can blow by them for the layup, so they put smaller but quicker guards on Dirk, which given his height advantage is easier for him.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 09:05 AM   #3
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
The biggest reason for this is simple:

Dirk does not make as much threes as the players you've listed above (exception of Wade who was injured anyway), nor does he take lots of three pointers in the first place. He's 102nd in the league in three pointers taken and 89th in three pointers made, when all the players you've listed are in the top 55. Another key reason is that since Dirk plays on the perimeter, teams don't dare put a big stiff on him since Dirk can blow by them for the layup, so they put smaller but quicker guards on Dirk, which given his height advantage is easier for him.
co-sign.

Wade's game is just not to shoot a lot of threes. Kidd doesn't have the best shooting form so he is inconsistant. LeBron just isn't that good of a shooter. Arenas, Carter, Kobe, T-mac, Pierce take threes more so their %s aren't going to be amazing.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 09:21 AM   #4
awsmori
I brick open layups

awsmori has not been impressing people

umm ok kobe has the records for most 3's in a game...tmac willed his team scoring what 13pnts in 35sec, all of them 3's w/ one a 4pnt play.... pierce has always been known 1st to be a sharp shooter.... carter and arenas have been hitting game winning shots from 3 for seasons now....and kidd, wade, bron doesnt really shoot 3's to begin with
awsmori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:16 AM   #5
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I do not think that Dirk Nowitzki is a legit 7 footer he is measured at 6'10 in the 1998 NBA Draft. He is one of those legit 6-10 ers who was billed at 7 ft. like Tim Duncan, Patrick Ewing and Hakeem Olajuwon.

To the OP Dirk is a European that is why he live and die shooting 3 pointers because that is the style of playing he was very accustome. They have the different brand of basketball and i do not blame Dirk if he was weak in the low posts because he is not a great low post player.

KObe Bryant holds the record for most 3 Pointers in an NBA Game.

Vince Carter, Lebron, Wade, Tracy Mcgrady are great slashers and they love attacking the basket more.

How can you Knock Out Paul Pierce before his injury 2 seasons ago, he was one of the best outside gunners in the NBA.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 08-12-2007 at 11:08 AM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:04 AM   #6
MJ23
Banned

MJ23 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
Get your asses in the gym losers, you are guards, and you cannot shoot threeīs better than 7ī0 footers like Dirk, Memo or even CHRIS FREAKIN WEBBER. You uncoordinated losers are a disgrace to basketball. What you doing in the summer, hangin around searching for the meaning of shark attacks. Disgraceful first round failures with glaring holes in their games, who will once again chuck away at the Olympics, hitting their standard 25%, while getting embarrassed by Greece. These guys are professionals yet Doc Rivers son could hit a higher percentage than they do. Okay, go to work...letīs here it my fellow users, surely nobody can disagree. Fire away.

get off dirk nowitzkis nuts, he cant win a finals even if his life depended on it
MJ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:04 AM   #7
MJ23
Banned

MJ23 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

get off dirk nowitzkis nuts, he cant win a finals even if his life depended on it
MJ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:23 AM   #8
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

Nothing to see here. Just a troll looking for trouble.
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:28 AM   #9
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Since when was the jumpshot so highly regarded in this day and age? Hell, what the **** is a guard anyway? I mean we just saw Tony Parker win finals MVP shooting big man percentages and averaging less assists than Tim Duncan.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:38 AM   #10
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
Nothing to see here. Just a troll looking for trouble.

Kobe and T-Mac are shooting guards, who cannot shoot. To me you are a worthless shooting guard if you cannot shoot. Bron canīt make a shot or a free throw, all he does is run at the basket, throw the ball up and wait for a call.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:42 AM   #11
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Kobe and T-Mac are shooting guards, who cannot shoot. To me you are a worthless shooting guard if you cannot shoot. Bron canīt make a shot or a free throw, all he does is run at the basket, throw the ball up and wait for a call.

Now you're just throwing out hyperboles, of course Kobe and T-Mac can shoot, why the hell would they even be on an NBA basketball court if they can't? If you're a volume shooter and also required to do other things (leadership, playmaking etc) it's bound to take a toll on your skills the longer you're on the court, and the first thing to start to run out would be speed, followed by shooting and jumping for the rebound.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:42 AM   #12
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
I do not think that Dirk Nowitzki is a legit 7 footer he is measured at 6'10 in the 1998 NBA Draft. He is one of those legit 6-10 ers who was billed at 7 ft. like Tim Duncan, Patrick Ewing and Hakeem Olajuwon.

To the OP Dirk is a European that is why he live and die shooting 3 pointers because that is the style of playing he was very accustome. They have the different brand of basketball and i do not blame Dirk if he was weak in the low posts because he is not a great low post player.

KObe Bryant holds the record for most 3 Pointers in an NBA Game.

Vince Carter, Lebron, Wade, Tracy Mcgrady are great slashers and they love attacking the basket more.

How can you Knock Out Paul Pierce before his injury 2 seasons ago, he was one of the best outside gunners in the NBA.

But guards are supposed to play like guards. If you are a shooting guard and cannot shoot, how are you going to score against a real zone defense or no BS bail out FIBA refs. There is no room for interpretation of positions.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:45 AM   #13
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
Now you're just throwing out hyperboles, of course Kobe and T-Mac can shoot, why the hell would they even be on an NBA basketball court if they can't? If you're a volume shooter and also required to do other things (leadership, playmaking etc) it's bound to take a toll on your skills the longer you're on the court, and the first thing to start to run out would be speed, followed by shooting and jumping for the rebound.

Kobeīs problem is he doesnīt trust his teammates.
T-Macīs problem is he takes the most stupid shots, and he doesnīt make them.
Bronīs problem is he can flat out not shoot. If you shoot 30% from 3pt range, donīt take the shots.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:07 PM   #14
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Kobeīs problem is he doesnīt trust his teammates.
T-Macīs problem is he takes the most stupid shots, and he doesnīt make them.
Bronīs problem is he can flat out not shoot. If you shoot 30% from 3pt range, donīt take the shots.
Everyone you mentioned is a good mid-range shooter except for Kidd and maybe Lebron. Kidd isn't a shooting guard so you can't say he has to shoot well. there are more ways of scoring other than shooting you know. Like driving post up off ball movement and set plays to get people open. They can shoot as someone else said if they couldn't they wouldn't be stars in the NBA.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:17 PM   #15
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Did you just say that Gilbert and Kobe need to, quote, "get their asses in the gym and work on their shot?"

Are you that retarded?
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: