Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-12-2007, 09:07 AM   #1
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Clippers Fans: Describe Brand's Game

I've always liked Brand and since I don't get to see many Clippers' games, can somebody tell me a bit about his game? I hear he has a large array of post moves, can block, rebound, has some mid range game. What else can he do, offensively and defensively?
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:07 AM   #2
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Clippers Fans: Describe Brand's Game

watch some Charles Barkley game tapes...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:11 AM   #3
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
watch some Charles Barkley game tapes...

Good one...your post is totally off the subject. Another low IQ Sun fan.

Anyways..me and my dad have been huge fans of Brand since his college days. His game defines what Power Forwards are. and if he wasn't always on a losing team, maybe he would have won a couple of MVP awards, maybe a Championship. Don't you agree?
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:17 AM   #4
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
Good one...your post is totally off the subject. Another low IQ Sun fan.

Anyways..me and my dad have been huge fans of Brand since his college days. His game defines what Power Forwards are. and if he wasn't always on a losing team, maybe he would have won a couple of MVP awards, maybe a Championship. Don't you agree?

why is it off-subject???

Brand and Barkley both have decent mid-range games... both short for their position but very good rebounders... decent facilitators... power game when in the low-post... turn around jumpshots near the post... very similar!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:21 PM   #5
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
if he wasn't always on a losing team, maybe he would have won a couple of MVP awards, maybe a Championship. Don't you agree?
Whooaa there...

His post game is pretty good but from what I watch most of his points come from midrange jumpers and inside gifts (ie, someone passes to him for a point blank shot, or an offensive rebound, etc). He's still one of the best post up guys in the league but that's almost the last thing I notice when I watch him play.

What sticks out most to me is his midrange jumper which is right there with Chris Bosh's IMO.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:23 PM   #6
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

WHAAAT? No way. If it was he would score much more thna he does.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:49 PM   #7
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
WHAAAT? No way. If it was he would score much more thna he does.
He did averaged 25 ppg in 05-06
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 04:36 PM   #8
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
Whooaa there...

His post game is pretty good but from what I watch most of his points come from midrange jumpers and inside gifts (ie, someone passes to him for a point blank shot, or an offensive rebound, etc). He's still one of the best post up guys in the league but that's almost the last thing I notice when I watch him play.

What sticks out most to me is his midrange jumper which is right there with Chris Bosh's IMO.

Actually, Elton just barely starting taking the mid range jumpers last year off of Sammy's pick and rolls/pops, which were very damn effective.

But my perspective on Elton is he has the perfect footwork to post up, something he does very well, but he is someone who is more effective when facing up and going to his sweeping hook shot, or switching to his other hand. Rebounding wise, being under 6'8 that Elton is, he boxes out like crazy and really crashes the boards at times. Someone who will go up and challenge a shot and not be afraid of getting 'posterized', like some bigs do. Of course though, the best blocking bigs don't give a **** if they get posterized. Leadership wise, Elton is barely starting to learn, called out his team after the loss to the Kings, and has been trying to lead way more, along with being more demanding in the clutch[not his fault as we barely were in any clutch situatioins before]
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 08:50 PM   #9
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

elton's game changed a great deal after he got to la. in chicago it was almost all about power and sort of tricky little shots around the rim. if you ever watched karl in the low post, he kind of had that knack for making shots at odd angles while in the middle of spins and drop steps instead of after he completed moves. tough to read him, so he was hard to defend. he lost a lot of weight after he joined the clips and went to more of a face up game, thriving on the pick and pop and beating guys off one quick dribble if they ran out at him.

defensively he's not a great one on one defender because he's not that tall and he's not that quick laterally, but he is a good team defender and blocks a surprising number of shots given his height (he does have really long arms). he's one of my faves because of his time chicago, and i wish he hadn't inherited the clippers curse.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:59 PM   #10
Force
National High School Star

Force has decent reputationForce has decent reputation

Excellent team defender...very good at blocking shots even though he always gives up height...he is AUTOMATIC from the free throw line area, the elbows, the corners..basically anything 15 feet out is like a lay up for him...he's got a solid set of moves inside the post as well. good team player as well. he hits the boards very well on both ends of the court...good hustle plays too.
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:29 PM   #11
Make It Rain
Banned

Make It Rain has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
elton's game changed a great deal after he got to la. in chicago it was almost all about power and sort of tricky little shots around the rim. if you ever watched karl in the low post, he kind of had that knack for making shots at odd angles while in the middle of spins and drop steps instead of after he completed moves. tough to read him, so he was hard to defend. he lost a lot of weight after he joined the clips and went to more of a face up game, thriving on the pick and pop and beating guys off one quick dribble if they ran out at him.

defensively he's not a great one on one defender because he's not that tall and he's not that quick laterally, but he is a good team defender and blocks a surprising number of shots given his height (he does have really long arms). he's one of my faves because of his time chicago, and i wish he hadn't inherited the clippers curse.
His wingspan helps his defense. Man is like a gorilla.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:20 AM   #12
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
why is it off-subject???

Brand and Barkley both have decent mid-range games... both short for their position but very good rebounders... decent facilitators... power game when in the low-post... turn around jumpshots near the post... very similar!

wtf they are not simular at all dude

Barkley was more stronger and a better post player and had more range on his jumper

not taking anything away from Brand..because he was a Bull first ( ) but I think if you compare brand to someone I would say hes more like the Mailman with a better touch around the basket.
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:21 AM   #13
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make It Rain
His wingspan helps his defense. Man is like a gorilla.

that was a racist comment
Old 08-13-2007, 12:30 AM   #14
lawlerslaw100
Good High School Starter

lawlerslaw100 has decent reputationlawlerslaw100 has decent reputation
Thumbs up Re: Clippers Fans: Describe Brand's Game

The man is a blue collar star whose game can is best described as a clean version of Karl Malone. He plays hard D, boards, and helps bail his teammates out with shot blocks. On offense like Malone, he has a solid inside game but needs a good PG to feed him the ball. Plus the man can rebound on the offensive end. The man had a subpar year after a banner year in 2006.

He should take the year off and comeback in 2008 to a 25/12 MVP contending season.
lawlerslaw100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:39 AM   #15
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawlerslaw100
The man is a blue collar star whose game can is best described as a clean version of Karl Malone. He plays hard D, boards, and helps bail his teammates out with shot blocks. On offense like Malone, he has a solid inside game but needs a good PG to feed him the ball. Plus the man can rebound on the offensive end. The man had a subpar year after a banner year in 2006.

He should take the year off and comeback in 2008 to a 25/12 MVP contending season.

now you and me both know that nobody cant win the MVP in a Clipper uniform!

he needs to come back to the Best City In Tha World that starts with a C and ends with an O....to win the MVP.

Damn I miss Elton Brand

Piss on you Jerry Krause where ever you are
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: