Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-12-2007, 11:56 AM   #31
mkvli
I brick open layups

mkvli has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Who wants Rafer Alston?

Quote:
Then the Hawks have Anthony Johnson and Ty Lue, who are capable and have expiring contracts.

The Hawks then have Speedy Claxton and his big contract.

Do you really see any three of these players being a legit starting PG? It was a mistake in the first place by the Atlanta management to sign all these PG's.

They decided to add a bunch of middle of the pack PG, who don't really have the assets to become a long-time starting PG.

Alston gives them two years max of starting time, with Acie Law taking over the regins within that time period. Trade two of those three PG's for some draft picks and or SG's.

The Hawks then have a decent starting lineup of:
Alston/JJ/Childress/J.Smith/Zaza?
With a decent bench of:
A.Jhonson/S.Williams/Law/Horford/
and I know I missed a bunch of players...

BTW..does ATL have any legit C's? Nothing comes to mind.
mkvli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:47 PM   #32
CAYO
Serious playground baller

CAYO has an OK reputation so far

The Bobcats Get Alston

The Rockets Get Walter Hermann,othella Harrington And A 2 Rounder
CAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:01 PM   #33
gutterballer733
Kids at the park dunk on me

gutterballer733 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAYO
The Bobcats Get Alston

The Rockets Get Walter Hermann,othella Harrington And A 2 Rounder

Ha good one. I'll give you Othella and a second rounder. Or better yet, how about a sign and trade for Jeff McInnis for Alston.
gutterballer733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:15 PM   #34
basketballer4
Sweaty ti.ts

basketballer4 is considered somewhat coolbasketballer4 is considered somewhat coolbasketballer4 is considered somewhat cool

I'd like him on the Suns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkvli

Yes, they've got Pachulia, Wright and Shelden Williams.
basketballer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:36 PM   #35
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutterballer733
Ha good one. I'll give you Othella and a second rounder. Or better yet, how about a sign and trade for Jeff McInnis for Alston.
Forget about us getting McInnis. That's the whole point of trading Alston. We have too many guards. It's good to be deep, but we have too many.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:44 PM   #36
Mathius

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
How about Alston for Gooden or Varejao?

We can throw in maybe John Lucas or a draft pick with Alston.

You Rockets fans must be out of your god damn minds. You're the second one to propose a Gooden for Alston trade.

Gooden may be a basketball retard, but at least he puts up a few numbers now and then and actually has value to our team.

Alston is a trash. A point guard, with 0 point guard skills besides handles.

Why would we want another overpaid loser on the Cavs? We already have Eric Snow, Damon Jones, Donyell Marshall, and lets not forget the mother of overpaid players, Larry Hughes.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 02:36 PM   #37
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkvli
Do you really see any three of these players being a legit starting PG? It was a mistake in the first place by the Atlanta management to sign all these PG's.

They decided to add a bunch of middle of the pack PG, who don't really have the assets to become a long-time starting PG.

Alston gives them two years max of starting time, with Acie Law taking over the regins within that time period. Trade two of those three PG's for some draft picks and or SG's.

The Hawks then have a decent starting lineup of:
Alston/JJ/Childress/J.Smith/Zaza?
With a decent bench of:
A.Jhonson/S.Williams/Law/Horford/
and I know I missed a bunch of players...

Acie Law will get 20-28 minutes per game.

Can Lue, Johnson, Stoudamire and Claxton split the remainder of the 20-28 minutes? I think so.

It doesn't make sense to add another contract in Alston's when the Hawks could instead clear out Lue and Johnson at the end of the year and spend that money somewhere else. Otherwise, they are committing 11 million to Alston and Claxton. Not good.

Now if you really want to move Alston, how about:

Clippers get

Rafer Alston

Rockets get

Tim Thomas
hawkfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 02:48 PM   #38
mkvli
I brick open layups

mkvli has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Can Lue, Johnson, Stoudamire and Claxton split the remainder of the 20-28 minutes? I think so.

It's not about CAN THEY..its more like, SHOULD THEY? Those 4 "point guards" should not be on the Hawks team, splitting minutes, because frankly, none of them are that great.

Having Acie Law, Rafer Alston and Johson should be the focus of the Hawks, and not this glut of semi scrubs.

And if in fact contract are an issue, trade away Claxton for some future picks and considerations.
mkvli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 02:56 PM   #39
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

I just want him and his contract gone, getting a useful player in return would be a bonus.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 03:07 PM   #40
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
You Rockets fans must be out of your god damn minds. You're the second one to propose a Gooden for Alston trade.

Gooden may be a basketball retard, but at least he puts up a few numbers now and then and actually has value to our team.

Why would we want another overpaid loser on the Cavs? We already have Eric Snow, Damon Jones, Donyell Marshall, and lets not forget the mother of overpaid players, Larry Hughes.

Mathius
You are grossly over exaggerating with that statement. But I understand your frustration over that proposed trade which is ridiculous and lacked logical thought.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:20 PM   #41
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Mathius

lol, if he was trash, then why would he start on the rockets.

but i understand your point. he has a jumper, but it is VERY inconsistent.
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:39 PM   #42
Mathius

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wTFaMonkey
lol, if he was trash, then why would he start on the rockets.

but i understand your point. he has a jumper, but it is VERY inconsistent.

Ok, seriously what does he have to offer besides his ball handling ability? He can drive and score a bit, but that doesn't help us. His jumper is inconsistent. He's making way too much money.

And I wouldn't brag about the fact that he was starting in Houston, especially after the Rockets went out of their way to bring in so many PG's this off season.

That's no coincidence.

He's trash. He was an experiment. Can he play in the NBA? Sure, as a role player. But he'll never be a star.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:43 PM   #43
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far

I could use Skip on my pickup team at the gym.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 07:28 PM   #44
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Ok, seriously what does he have to offer besides his ball handling ability? He can drive and score a bit, but that doesn't help us. His jumper is inconsistent. He's making way too much money.

And I wouldn't brag about the fact that he was starting in Houston, especially after the Rockets went out of their way to bring in so many PG's this off season.

That's no coincidence.

He's trash. He was an experiment. Can he play in the NBA? Sure, as a role player. But he'll never be a star.

Mathius

i do agree. the rockets could of used a better point gaurd. But rockets with a bad point guard would get you a 50+ win season?
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:21 AM   #45
steve franchise
Local High School Star

steve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

That's no coincidence.

Mathius
Since your trying to lock the Cavs forum I'll post here.
READY?
WTF do you have with Alston?
I know he's overpaid but dont start bragging about him. Ball handling, isnt that what a point guard should do?
steve franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: